LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
So the sides you buy i.e. Here do i need 3 lots of these if i want to cover the 6 sides or is that over kill?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
We had a Coleman one in the USA, Kept the "no-see-ums" at bay. Took about 3 min to erect and put away, Cost about $85-00, if I remember, the "mesh" acts like "Windblockers" as well reducing wind speed/chill. IMG_3283 (2014_12_29 18_56_57 UTC).JPG

Jul 25, 2010
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2009
We have one, goes up quick and easy. Great bit of extra space to store the grandson & his toys when he comes with us, and the hubby!
DSC_1475.JPGDSC_1632.JPG

Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 16, 2016
Herts
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Yes it is Robert Dyers. I followed a link earlier in the thread, but I should have copied it

Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 16, 2016
Herts
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
I'm a newbie

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
A "Q" to all you Quest Pop-Up Gazebo Experts - when 'popped' down do you zip up the door flaps before stowing it in the bag, or leave them unzipped ???

Delighted to report mine performed admirably at Callow End - attracted three who were brave enough to make enquiries... so I was pleased/relieved the pop down packing away process was achieved with aplomb for the surreptitious audience...

Lesson learnt - gazebo bag is not waterproof... generally travels on my bed... never gave it a thought... came home to very wet bedding :crying1:... luckily didn' soak through to the upholstery... in future will be stashed in the shower room for journey home.
Just popped it up in the garden as was still a bit wet, pretty much bone dry after what, an hour.
Great piece of kit.

So - door, zipped or unzipped for stowing?

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
U
A "Q" to all you Quest Pop-Up Gazebo Experts - when 'popped' down do you zip up the door flaps before stowing it in the bag, or leave them unzipped ???

Delighted to report mine performed admirably at Callow End - attracted three who were brave enough to make enquiries... so I was pleased/relieved the pop down packing away process was achieved with aplomb for the surreptitious audience...

Lesson learnt - gazebo bag is not waterproof... generally travels on my bed... never gave it a thought... came home to very wet bedding :crying1:... luckily didn' soak through to the upholstery... in future will be stashed in the shower room for journey home.
Just popped it up in the garden as was still a bit wet, pretty much bone dry after what, an hour.
Great piece of kit.

So - door, zipped or unzipped for stowing?
Unzipped for sure.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I usually zip it up but depends how much a rush I'm in to pack it away.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
The only reason I can think of for erring on one side or the other is that zipping up the door when stowing means that when you come to re-erect it the awning will stand as it should with the right 'distance' for each side, whereas having the door unzipped could mean it is too wide, however as you have to go inside to push up the centre anyway unless you intend to peg the sides out and then push the middle up there's no point in zipping it up! So now I'm not so sure!

Delboyarapaho

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 17, 2013
Herts UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago Liner for T
Exp
Since 2013
Interested to hear the views of others. we have the six sided one and used it in Italy for the first time this year. As others say they are a bit bulky to transport, but a couple of unexpected observations:

despite daytime temperatures of 35c, on a couple of occasions we had a deluge of rain with strong winds. The roof collapsed and filled with water (It really did rain!). Fortunately I left our table inside which prevented the roof completely falling to the ground, which would probably have damaged the thing. Bloody heavy to lift from the table once it stopped raining but at least it was undamaged.

We found the environment in the pop up rather too warm as the sides prevented any breeze from coming in. It was very warm as I say but we hoped to eat in there several evenings and it was just too warm. That said I hope it will provide similar temperature increase when it is too cool outside?

Lastly of all things a squirrel got inside and imagine the panic on it when I tried to get it out. It damaged the net on a couple of sides before he realised he could get out the way he came in. Just our luck first time of use....

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back