put the hose in to fill the water tank and (1 Viewer)

marlee and me

Free Member
Apr 30, 2021
Funster No
MH
Summertime21#
Hi I have just arrived home from the dealership with my first ever motor home it is a Elddiss 130 on a 08 plate. I have just filled the water tank and noticed it is all pouring back out underneath the van, am i doing somethging wrong šŸ™ˆ have i omitted to do something or is this a problem i need to get sorted. Thanks šŸ˜Š

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
:welco:

I expect the frost protection valve (dump Valve) is open.
It will be near the boiler and looks like this if it's a Truma system, you turn the knob on top and push the button in to close.
1619803392022.png

Upvote 0

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
I could just be that you have over filled the tank.
It's the same on our Elddis, the tank has to have a breather to let the air out as the water goes in, and once the tank is full the water comes out of the breather hole on top of the tank and pour on the floor.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
M

marlee and me

Free Member
Apr 30, 2021
Funster No
MH
Summertime21#
Hi Thanks i will take a look in the morning. Although i did buy from a dealership it has been serviced and had habitation check i thought it would have been ready to use.

Upvote 0
Apr 28, 2021
Fareham, UK
Funster No
MH
Now sold
Exp
Since 2015
Hi Thanks i will take a look in the morning. Although i did buy from a dealership it has been serviced and had habitation check i thought it would have been ready to use.
:LOL::LOL::LOL:

I have an Eldiss 155, tank will overflow when full, I have a drain midships on the off side and the boiler drain is yellow next to the boiler.

You just need to make sure the drains are shut and hopefully your tank will fill okay.

Upvote 0

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
:hiya:
You could help yourself a lot by getting one of these, you will be on quite a steep learning curve for a while. Try and find one about the same published a couple of years after your MH built.

<Broken link removed>

Upvote 1
Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
There should be reference to the drain/dump valve in your Owners Manual if you have one.
It's a good idea to read through all the equipment manuals that came with the vehicle so that you have a basic idea of how everything operates. Do this at your leisure (as you are now) and not when on a pitch (at night in the rain) and under pressure with an issue that needs solving. ;)

Upvote 0

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
When my van is serviced they always leave it in a "drained down for winter" condition as frost protection. To be fair they always remind me but your dealer may have "forgotten".

Where are you? I'm sure there will be a Funster around who would be happy to do another, proper, handover, or at least sort your problem for you.

Upvote 0
May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
Do dealers not even give out a little hand over leaflet? A list of troubleshooting maybe?

Is there water running out from underneath? Check your boiler dump valve it should look like this >.....

Have you closed the tap drain? It is located here >....

Upvote 0
Jan 23, 2016
Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 660SP
Exp
25 years
I have a frost protection automatic valve on the heater tank.

On the cold water tank I have a manual plug similar in design to this;

ceh1051_1_1.jpg

I've had a few incidents;

When I drain the tank I have forgotten to replace the plug so as it fill it drains straight out!

I have left the plug out and returned a few days later to pit it in, so as to stop the possibility of anything getting into the tank. By that time the 'rubberised' (black) pat of the plug has dried up and gone a bit rigid. When I plug it back in it does not make a good seal and water slowly drains out and sometimes as the tank fills the plug floats out of the hole dumping the water rapidly. So I let some water go into the tank, get the plug wet, massage the black part and soften, to ensure a good seal.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back