Please forgive me, for I have commited a motohome sin. (1 Viewer)

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
Some of you folks may know that we recently bought an elderly but bone dry Swift Kon-tiki.

Now to my point, I'm still in the process of deep cleaning & fettling her to our needs.
I washed & bleached the combined toilet & shower room then gave things a very thorough scrub up.
I popped the plug in the shower up to rinse everything down only to be met by waste water coming up to meet me. ?
This surprised me as after my last wild camp, I placed the motorhome on our drive right over a the soil drain rodding hole, then opened the tap for the grey water, there was a slow trickle so I left it to its devices, then a few hours later there was no sign of water left so I closed off the tap & thought that all was well but, as the bubbling up plug in the shower showed that the waste tank was still very full. ?

So today I set about draining the tank. I popped a bucket under the drain pipe & opened the tap, not a thing came out, I was just about to take the tap off at the jubilee clip when I thought I'd try wriggling a screw driver into the tap to see what would happen?
Now the seasoned motorhome members will have guessed what happened, there was a big gurgle then whoosh out came some truly stinking grey water.
I couldn't close the tap back to the off position as that would have meant crawling through the stinking water.

I didn't have the motorhome over the drain as I should have & soon the dirty water was wending its way down my drive which slopes down onto a main road.
I got the hose out to flush the water away but, the grey water kept on coming all 55 litres of the tank it took ages to empty!
I realised that waste water had been coming out of the tanks overflow outlet, this probably means that I'd been trickling onto the road for the whole journey home! Oh how embarrassing I used to have motorbikes & I know only too well that this can make the road treacherous, I despise seeing grey water coming out of a motorhome

So now I'm a motorhome sinner & I ask for forgiveness? It won't happen again, once bitten twice shy. :wink:

Last edited:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Oh dear I feel for you the smell must have been horrible and someone else's waste as well. ?

OP
OP
ambulancekidd

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Oh dear I feel for you the smell must have been horrible and someone else's waste as well. ?

Yes I believe that the tank hadn't been drained before we got the motorhome & I'd wondered why the kitchen sink was very slow to drain. :doh:

May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
He will go to hell in a handcart because I came up the drive on my scooter & into that stinking mess. I did think he had 'dropped one', but even Robert couldn't manage that in the open air. :sick:
Now he will probably counter my remark by saying that I could achieve that in the open air, now that would be pure jealousy...….:rock:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Some of you folks may know that we recently bought an elderly but bone dry Swift Kon-tiki.

Now to my point, I'm still in the process of deep cleaning & fettling her to our needs.
I washed & bleached the combined toilet & shower room then gave things a very thorough scrub up.
I popped the plug in the shower up to rinse everything down only to be met by waste water coming up to meet me. ?
This surprised me as after my last wild camp, I placed the motorhome on our drive right over a the soil drain rodding hole, then opened the tap for the grey water, there was a slow trickle so I left it to its devices, then a few hours later there was no sign of water left so I closed off the tap & thought that all was well but, as the bubbling up plug in the shower showed that the waste tank was still very full. ?

So today I set about draining the tank. I popped a bucket under the drain pipe & opened the tap, not a thing came out, I was just about to take the tap off at the jubilee clip when I thought I'd try wriggling a screw driver into the tap to see what would happen?
Now the seasoned motorhome members will have guessed what happened, there was a big gurgle then whoosh out came some truly stinking grey water.
I couldn't close the tap back to the off position as that would have meant crawling through the stinking water.

I didn't have the motorhome over the drain as I should have & soon the dirty water was wending its way down my drive which slopes down onto a main road.
I got the hose out to flush the water away but, the grey water kept on coming all 55 litres of the tank it took ages to empty!
I realised that waste water had been coming out of the tanks overflow outlet, this probably means that I'd been trickling onto the road for the whole journey home! Oh how embarrassing I used to have motorbikes & I know only too well that this can make the road treacherous, I despise seeing grey water coming out of a motorhome

So now I'm a motorhome sinner & I ask for forgiveness? It won't happen again, once bitten twice shy. :wink:
tell me my son when was your last confession
father bill

OP
OP
ambulancekidd

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
tell me my son when was your last confession
father bill

I once confessed to a fart in a minbus, I couldn't really deny it Bill, everyone else was going green except me!
Since then I've never confessed anything til this evening, I broke the 11th commandment which states "Ye Shall Not Get Caught". ??

Last edited:
OP
OP
ambulancekidd

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
But your insured now, you just didn't know it......‼

I wondered why you'd brought foxgloves into the house, that digitalis really slows the heart down, you've clearly been thinking of this for a while....
Get that handcart ready for I'm surly going to hell. ? :D

May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
I wondered why you'd brought foxgloves into the house, that digitalis really slows the heart down, you've clearly been thinking of this for a while....
Get that handcart ready for I'm surly going to hell. ? :D
I knew that already, why do you think there are some in the garden......watch out for the bitter taste in yer salad.:tounge:

OP
OP
ambulancekidd

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
You are sentenced to wear Lycra and ride a skinny bike behind a van with the black waste valve open....:cycle:

Hmm.... where did that come from...?

I must make an appointment with my doctor..?

I have a better idea, I'll put on my leather budgie catchers & give myself a wedgie!

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Grey water.......pah!

Our first van was a VW Trooper, bought privately from a family, we were fettling it for ourselves & found the poo-box, a removable poti it was also full and had been so for some time!
That was truly disgusting!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Fprget the waste all over the drive ... how much of it hit you when it spurted out? :D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back