Pitches for €151 per night - the most expensive ? (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter deleted-member02
  • Start date

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I think the 151 Euros is just for 2 people as well. I think its about 8Euros per child per night on top

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
WHAT !!!!!.. Gets worse .i need a lie down as I always thought that camping was an economical way to holiday ..

Not in Spain on the coast in the summer holidays

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
WHAT !!!!!.. Gets worse .i need a lie down as I always thought that camping was an economical way to holiday ..

Pretty much all sites charge like that, even your mates the Caravan Club do it (y)

Sometimes the pitch fee includes 2 adults but not always. Further people and dogs incur more fees.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Pretty much all sites charge like that, even your mates the Caravan Club do it (y)

Sometimes the pitch fee includes 2 adults but not always. Further people and dogs incur more fees.
In my case tis only me Nick. And mainly use camping and caravan Club sites as I get a decent pitch at a good price .

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
If people will pay it, why wouldn't you charge it?
Can't argue with that, but il repeat, this is in countries where you can park for nothing never mind how many you have on board, not the same thing I know but hell of a different price.

EyUp

Free Member
Jul 3, 2016
Yorkshireman living in Surrey
Funster No
MH
Majestic 180
Exp
For that price id want to be woken softly by harp playing blond virgins wearing slightly see through negligees and then be given a massage with a happy ending.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Can't argue with that, but il repeat, this is in countries where you can park for nothing never mind how many you have on board, not the same thing I know but hell of a different price.

It's all about the location though isn't it. It is as far as we're concerned anyway.

Pay to park right on the beach/lake shore/wherever or park for free a couple of miles away on the other side of town?

No brainer for me (y)

Tanya_and_Mick

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 12, 2015
Quesada, Spain
Funster No
MH
Globecar 640DK
Exp
For that price id want to be woken softly by harp playing blond virgins wearing slightly see through negligees and then be given a massage with a happy ending.
The idea is that when you go away on your hols you get away from the norm.......

OP
OP
D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
I think the 151 Euros is just for 2 people as well. I think its about 8Euros per child per night on top
Correct !
As one of mine is 12 he almost invariably counts as an adult.
The two 'extras' generally add about €100 a week to the headline price..

Billggski

Free Member
Aug 6, 2013
Stone
Funster No
MH
Overcab
Exp
The Travelodge at Chichester was £200 a night during the Goodwood Revival, and it was full! My mates stayed in London and travelled for less, but we used Britstops for free.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Correct !
As one of mine is 12 he almost invariably counts as an adult.
The two 'extras' generally add about €100 a week to the headline price..
And forget cost of crossing and fuel costs makes it a dear holiday ..but you pays your money and get what you want..

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I would say that at least Montriog plough a bit of their profit back into the infrastructure on the site. In the past 5 years or so they have invested loads in a new swimming complex and at least 2 new toilet blocks where the facilities are second to none.

There are a lot of sites in France and Spain who might be slightly cheaper but expect you to put up with sub standard facilities.

Cruise the med on white star line Queen Victoria .in June last year 16 nights .all food , waited on at own table in dining room .theatre .restaurants,bars pool .Jacuzzi...balcony cabin for two. Total cost £150 per night for two . Inside cabin £110 per night for two. Better than paying to park your van on a bit of extremely expensive grass .
Never see the point of cruises either.:unsure:

The most puzzling thing to me is that these sites are in country's where you can park for free almost anywhere you want, not here where you don't have much choice.

Very true.

We don't have to pay, we can (and do) frequently stay at cheaper locations but for a couple of weeks a year I want luxury camping in a prime location. Would rather not pay the exorbitant prices but it's down to supply and demand. As many other families, we have to travel peak time and suffer the costs....
To put it into perspective, our six week tour will cost around €4,000 all in (for a family of four) including a fortnight at silly pitch prices.
A two week inclusive package holiday abroad would probably cost more.
Two weeks in a static caravan in Devon (Haven's Devon Cliffs) costs up to £3300 with food and travelling on top...
Still makes motorhoming incredibly good value and by far the most enjoyable option (y)

View attachment 132152

No you don't, do what we did & don't take them on holiday. :LOL:
£3300 to make out you're a Itinerant.:confused: Defies belief !

Whenever this sort of thread starts there are always loads of posts saying "don't go away during the school holidays"

Some of us don't have any choice. (y)

see above.(y)

Which is taking the p***. You don't pay per person when you park a car.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Cruise the med on white star line Queen Victoria .in June last year 16 nights .all food , waited on at own table in dining room .theatre .restaurants,bars pool .Jacuzzi...balcony cabin for two. Total cost £150 per night for two . Inside cabin £110 per night for two. Better than paying to park your van on a bit of extremely expensive grass .

Absolutely agree.
Been on a few cruises and really enjoyed em.
Variety is the spice of life.(y)(y)

Oct 6, 2016
norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
The price keeps the rif raf out(y)
Remember the old saying,"cheap no good,good no cheap":)
What an absolutely charming fellow you appear to be Chris, I feel I may be taking a bit of a liberty old boy, addressing you by your first name, what with me occupying a berth several "wealth tiers" beneath your lofty financial perch. I would imagine you'd find it way beneath your dignity just to stare down to my level to give me a superior sneer?! Up until this moment, Chris, (there, I've done it again!), after 67 years on this planet, I do have to say that I've never perceived myself to be "rif raf"?! It comes as quite a shock, I wouldn't be "over egging" the pudding if I said I was quite taken aback and not, just, shocked and taken aback,,, but also offended, which is a bit pathetic really, but I cant help it,,, so now I'm "pathetic rif raf"!!! What a lovely evening this is turning out to be?! ........ Anyway, us Narfukuns are renowned for our pluck, so I'll just take a deep breath and man up........ So, Chris, charming fellow, hopefully our paths will cross one day, and I'll be given the opportunity to show ya there's no hard feelings,,, the rif raf way! :mad:

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
What an absolutely charming fellow you appear to be Chris, I feel I may be taking a bit of a liberty old boy, addressing you by your first name, what with me occupying a berth several "wealth tiers" beneath your lofty financial perch. I would imagine you'd find it way beneath your dignity just to stare down to my level to give me a superior sneer?! Up until this moment, Chris, (there, I've done it again!), after 67 years on this planet, I do have to say that I've never perceived myself to be "rif raf"?! It comes as quite a shock, I wouldn't be "over egging" the pudding if I said I was quite taken aback and not, just, shocked and taken aback,,, but also offended, which is a bit pathetic really, but I cant help it,,, so now I'm "pathetic rif raf"!!! What a lovely evening this is turning out to be?! ........ Anyway, us Narfukuns are renowned for our pluck, so I'll just take a deep breath and man up........ So, Chris, charming fellow, hopefully our paths will cross one day, and I'll be given the opportunity to show ya there's no hard feelings,,, the rif raf way! :mad:
:LOL::LOL::rofl::rofl:

OP
OP
D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
They are actually all booked up for August, so you couldn't go if you wanted!
Bookings for the 2017 season have just opened, it appears there's lots of availability, so if anyone's tempted....

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Bookings for the 2017 season have just opened, it appears there's lots of availability, so if anyone's tempted....

I bet by Easter they will be full for the whole 6 week summer holiday period.

OP
OP
D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
I bet by Easter they will be full for the whole 6 week summer holiday period.
Possibly even by Christmas, experience has taught me to plan early. Next year's offerings appear to be going live around now.
With the exchange rate @1.12 I'll happily look and book, not ideal but it's a rate I can live with...

Huwmari

Free Member
Jul 26, 2013
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 201
Exp
since Apr 2013
There is nothing anywhere in the world that can justify prices like that.
Hear hear! Why on earth would you pay money like this when you have everything you need on board?!

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I might go to this site at Easter(y)

I seem to recall that our famous French poster @yodeli 's parents like the site too

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back