Pitches for €151 per night - the most expensive ? (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter deleted-member02
  • Start date
D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
omg.jpg

http://www.playamontroig.com/en/tarifas

Now I've stayed at some pretty expensive sites but this takes it to an entirely different level...
I had no idea that a pitch could cost so much.
Even major events like Formula One or 'glamping' at Glastonbury Festival are cheaper than this.

Has anyone on the forum found (or even stayed) at a site charging this much ?
Some folk are obviously willing to pay, it's a huge site and surely booked near capacity in high season.
Kudos to the owners, it's a genuine gold mine (y)

PORKSTER

Free Member
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
This place comes close I have stayed here and would again but I stayed in sept so cheaper Link Removed

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Must be a forgery everyone tells me camping in France/Spain is megabucks' cheaper than England , surely they cant be wrong , can they ???? Lol .Vive Caravan Club. !! Hahaha.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Must be a forgery everyone tells me camping in France is megabucks' cheaper than England , surely they cant be wrong , can they ???? Lol .Vive Caravan Club. !! Hahaha.

That place is in Spain. (y)

That's what you get if you insist on using campsites in high season.

OP
OP
D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
This place comes close I have stayed here and would again but I stayed in sept so cheaper Link Removed
Jesolo's certainly expensive, we stayed at 3* Ca'Savio, which was around €70 a night.
I know Garda can be expensive, having paid up to €90 before now...
Haven't visited Rimini but know pitches can regularly hit €100 a night, I'd always assumed that was about the ceiling for prices anywhere.
Even in rip-off Britain, I haven't seen a pitch over £100, although Sandy Balls and Haven's Devon Cliffs do come very close o_O

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Edited my post to reflect that Nick. Lol

Not been to Spain in the MH so don't know if that one is typical or not. I'd be inclined to doubt it though.

We've stayed on a couple in the Italian lakes that have been expensive although less than half of that price. They did have perfect locations to partially justify it though.

The only site we've ever used in France is Parc Verger which is by no means expensive. Other than that, off the top of my head, the most expensive place we've stayed at in France is Chamonix aire.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Not been to Spain in the MH so don't know if that one is typical or not. I'd be inclined to doubt it though.

We've stayed on a couple in the Italian lakes that have been expensive although less than half of that price. They did have perfect locations to partially justify it though.

The only site we've ever used in France is Parc Verger which is by no means expensive. Other than that, off the top of my head, the most expensive place we've stayed at in France is Chamonix aire.
To be honest Nick although my experience of campsites in France. (5) is limited I find as a solo and over 60yrs old they are dearer or on a par ..and with the euro rate at moment they will be even more expensive for me next year if the euro continues to hold at this rate. Roy

Sep 12, 2016
Chesterfield England Tellus 3
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
WOW !!!

and I thought Argeles in France was dear
But compare that to the deal we have got at Camping Arena Blanca which works out at 14€pn and gives you 240v16amp water drain and sat TV channels on pitch OK that is September though

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
WOW !!!

and I thought Argeles in France was dear
But compare that to the deal we have got at Camping Arena Blanca which works out at 14€pn and gives you 240v16amp water drain and sat TV channels on pitch OK that is September though
That's about what I pay per night with camping and caravan club in off season as well ..Roy

Billggski

Free Member
Aug 6, 2013
Stone
Funster No
MH
Overcab
Exp
My mate stays there, last year he paid £85 a night for the third row from the beach. He's going again next year!
I told him to go in September as he's retired and it's an ACSI site.
His choice!

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
I wouldnt pay that for an apartment of hotel room never mind a few square meters of grass or gravel.

I think the difference is that there is a sense of 'community' on site that isn't there in an apartment or hotel complex........ people talk to each other more........worth paying for(y)

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I do believe @JJ has been known to pay exorbitant campsite prices when visiting friends :D.

Candapack

Free Member
Oct 16, 2014
Fife, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2013
Can't believe people are talking about paying £100 plus per night for a pitch, no matter how fantastic it is.
We recently avoided staying in Switzerland because it was going to cost over £30 a night, even though it made what we were in that location for slightly more awkward to accomplish.

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
12 euros St Tropez and Alpe d'huez. Next highest was 8 euros once near Lac de verdon, otherwise 4 or 5 times i ve paid 5 euros, once or twice 3 euros and the other 200 aires were free. No campsites ...... ever. I think i am in the wrong thread !

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
12 euros St Tropez and Alpe d'huez. Next highest was 8 euros once near Lac de verdon, otherwise 4 or 5 times i ve paid 5 euros, once or twice 3 euros and the other 200 aires were free. No campsites ...... ever. I think i am in the wrong thread !

Price has never been important................(y)

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Wow, that is incredibly expensive!!!

I'm sure the site must be very nice, but I wonder what is so special to justify such a peak season price? Even the cheapest standard pitches are 65 Euro a night.

No doubt supply and demand plays a significant part, but even so...

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Dearest we have ever stayed at was in Croatia at 75 € a night.. but they said two vans could share a pitch at no extra cost :)
Our experiences of Spain would indicate an average cost of about 18 € per night on short stay, but reducing a LOT for long stay

France.. We have only ever used sites across France on rare occasions. Most seem on par with Spain, but a lot are FAR cheaper :)

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I think the difference is that there is a sense of 'community' on site that isn't there in an apartment or hotel complex........ people talk to each other more........worth paying for(y)
more's the reason not to use it.(y)

Wow, that is incredibly expensive!!!

I'm sure the site must be very nice, but I wonder what is so special to justify such a peak season price? Even the cheapest standard pitches are 65 Euro a night.

No doubt supply and demand plays a significant part, but even so...
'Montroig' in Spanish translates to " I saw you coming ":giggle:

OP
OP
D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
My mate stays there, last year he paid £85 a night for the third row from the beach. He's going again next year!
I told him to go in September as he's retired and it's an ACSI site.
His choice!
I've no doubt that it's a fabulous site but can't justify the remarkable price.
http://www.latorredelsol.com/en is next door and appears to be a 'premium' site. It's also €400 a week cheaper - that's a lot of holiday treats !

It's always going to cost more peak season and for the most part I'm a willing customer.
Our 'benchmark' is http://www.leserignanplage.com/en/ it's around €80 a night and has everything for a perfect week's holiday.
Great beach location, quality swimming pools, the activities, the eateries and evening entertainment are first rate.
The shower and toilet facilities are better than most people's houses !
But I struggle to see how anywhere can justify charging double (an already high price).
Having said that, hats off to the owners. I'm a firm believer in charging what you want, the business is clearly successful, so fair play to them

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
I am gobsmacked that people that whinge about the cost of a litre of fuel in the UK are happy to pay those horrendously price per night. .i am sure the same people would scream blue murder if any "Club" site asked for that amount or indeed any commercial site come to that . Got to go and lie down ...

PORKSTER

Free Member
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
The site I mentioned you can upgrade to All Inclusive also its a fantastic site and always full people go back year after year. They also do a bidding system so you can bid a higher offer for pitch you really want. Lots of free extras like golf shooting karting etc would be water parks this can really add up. I am going to return and I may chose the all in option because the Food is awesome, I had best steak there I have ever eaten.

were all different we all like different things I like a free wild camp just as much infact I get a little kick when I have had a free weekend in the van I can put that money towards a silly price stay.

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
In high season, we've stayed in a hotel room with views across Lake Garda which was only a few euros more per night than the cost of a tiny pitch with low amps hookup in the crowded campsite below our balcony. Bargain!

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
If you have children, taking them away in the summer hols is expensive, so this may actually be a cheaper option ;-)

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I have stayed there about 3 times on their beach side premium pitches but not in the summer.

It's a lovely site.

Nov 23, 2015
Burwash, Horsham & The Dordogne
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Comanche
Exp
Since 2016
I suppose it's what you get for that €151, or the €120 one which is the main point..

Sue makes a good point too, people with kids it's quite reasonable. You'd pay more for that on a package holiday. Admittedly it seems expensive on the face of it, but if it caters for all your needs and it's in the high season, you'd pay it.

I suppose we are all so used to the free and cheap aires, that sometimes we forget campsites have to make a profit so we are able to use them all year round..

This year we were at Serignan-Plage with the twins.. at €30 a night, we initially thought that was expensive, but they thoroughly enjoyed themselves which in turn made our holiday enjoyable.. what price Fun...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back