LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Anybody having the same problem as us? Our Oyster was working two weeks ago, but this weekend it doesn't want to lock on at two different locations, both with clear uninterrupted aspects. Have they changed coordinates or similar?

We aren't without TV as we have plugged our Falcon aerial in, and receive a perfectly good reception.

Broken Link Removed

FM02MZO

Free Member
Jun 22, 2012
Castle Donington
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
30 years caravan, 2 year motorhome
If you read the user manual it tells you to reboot the system. The easiest way is to switch it on and let it search until it locks on this usually takes up to 15 minutes.
Don't forget to set for the country/area you are in

Jul 6, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A clas
Exp
Since 1990
Yes, there have been some frequency changes recently. Suggest you check the recent postings in Tech/Mech section and all will be revealed.

There are also instructions for selecting an alternative frequency so you can lock-on. Basically, there are 4 stored frequencies for say Astra 2. If the first one doesn't work you can switch to the next one and so on.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Yep same thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago thought it was just where I was but still can't locate it here, can you let me know how you get on Ken
Cheers

Jun 6, 2012
Leeds
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
If you have the following control box then you can see which frequency it’s using to try and lock on by pressing the right arrow and keeping it pressed while your dish is trying to lock on
0CA04249-5846-42BC-B8FF-E0CF3F6E0C76.jpeg

While pressing the right arrow showing which frequency it’s searching on if you press the left arrow you can toggle between the other 3 frequencies to search, so simply release the left arrow when on one of the other frequencies and it will use that.

The four new frequencies programmed in should be:

If yours don’t match the ones above I suggest you phone Anthony @Anthony OysterTech who will talk you through how to update them.

Dave.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Anthony OysterTech

Oyster Satellite and Wifi Technical Service
Jan 25, 2017
Welford
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Since 2008
Good morning,

Looks like I'm a little late to the party on this one although glad you got it sorted out.
Automate are indeed a top class company and their customer support is fantastic. Rob really is a top guy!!

Reactions: Jim

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back