Clive

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2012
Canvey Island
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I keep getting a LNB failure notice. I’ve been up on the roof and checked the connection, that seems fine. I was just going to buy a standard LNB but it looks slimmer that the normal ones.
What is the recommended replacement?

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Clive, if no one can help, don't worry @Anthony OysterTech will see your shout for help soon enough, he's normally on here most mornings (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: f6c

Anthony OysterTech

Oyster Satellite and Wifi Technical Service
Jan 25, 2017
Welford
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Since 2008
Morning,

Apologies for the delayed response. Needed a day or two off after the NEC show.
LNB error normally means that there is a short somewhere on the cable which, nine times out of ten, is the connector that's plugged into the LNB. My advice would be to cut the connector off and remake the connection. We can supply connectors here however they are crimp connectors so you would require the correct crimp tool in order to make it up. Other options are to have someone come out or bring the system to us for the work to be done.
If you'd like to discuss dealers near to you or arrange bringing the unit to us please PM me or call the office on 01858575928.

Anthony OysterTech

Jan 25, 2017
Welford
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Since 2008
Sorry Popeye, missed your post there.

All downloads for software are available on our website ( www.ten-haaft.com )
If you require anything more specific or don't have the control unit with SD update capability then please PM me.

OP
OP
Clive

Clive

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2012
Canvey Island
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Well I’ve been up on the roof. The connector on there is the screw on type one, looks quite new. Took it off, checked the connection, put it back together again. Lost the LNB failure but now it just keeps searching for the satellite.

OP
OP
Clive

Clive

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2012
Canvey Island
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Well what can I say, while I was writing the last post I’d left it hunting round the sky. I got up to turn it off when suddenly it stopped moving and found Astra 2. Closed it down, switched it back on and it went straight back to last position. Fingers crossed I’ll have tv back tonight. Thanks for all the help. (y)

Anthony OysterTech

Jan 25, 2017
Welford
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Since 2008
Hi Clive,

I suspect that your system is suffering somewhat from the transponder changes that have taken place on Astra 2 over the last few weeks. If it's locking on now it means it's worked through the programmed frequencies and eventually found one that's still operating. There should be no further issues unless something else is changed on the Satellite however your system now has dead frequencies programmed in so it's definitely worth while giving the office a call and we can talk you through making sure they are all up to date.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back