Owning a Motorhome and Dating Sites Don't Mix (3 Viewers)

Aug 19, 2014
Cliftonville
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner
Exp
Since 2014
I was going to say much the same thing but couldn't think of a reply that wouldn't get me sent to Coventry . Can we rename this thread CARRY ON FUNSTERS?
Ooh err Mrs..........

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Actually I've had a look in the britstops book and Coventry seems to have some nice pubs.. If you get sent to Coventry does @Jim send you petrol money/beer money?

Don't know but he must be on tenderhooks worrying what you lot are going to vome out with next! :pray2:

Slight change of subject .. @Northernraider re these 3 women a week ... I hope you are using protection young man.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Oh this thread has just made me chuckle all over again. Some of the replies are funny. especially page 1 . Nothing better to wakening up to something funny. :LOL:

Thanks for your like patricia the newbie which drew me back to the thread..

P Jones

Free Member
Apr 15, 2017
Retford
Funster No
MH
ci carioca 694
Exp
Because I don't frequent pubs and clubs on a regular basis and I go to the supermarket to buy essentials like beer and rum, not to find a "soulmate", a friend suggested why not try a dating site.
I thought why not, there must be some ladies out there that would like to go exploring in a motorhome.
Result so far are disappointing to say the least.

#1 Me: Do you think you would like to try a trip away in the motorhome?
Her: Over my dead body!

#2 Me: I own a motorhome and plan to travel around the UK
Her: I rent a flat and go to Majorca for 2 weeks every year

#3 Me: So you like camping, have you ever been away in a motorhome?
Her: No, I go to a campsite in Rhyl, we rent an 6 berth caravan there.

#4 Me: Think of a motorhome as a small self-catering apartment on wheels
Her: Think of it as something I ain't never going to do!

Final analysis: My friend owes me the damned subscription to this so called dating site and I'll go back to the supermarket tomorrow to purchase more rum to drown my sorrows!:D2
there are nice ones out there, that one you can do with out, 6 berth? more followers than sheep, keep
your eyes open, one will pass you by soon, keep safe, and look to the right, ok.pj.

P Jones

Free Member
Apr 15, 2017
Retford
Funster No
MH
ci carioca 694
Exp
@Tibbo be patient,:LOL: you'll meet plenty of like like minded folks at the shows and rallies and you'll be surprised how many solo women motorhomers there are out there. Even the warden at Barnard Castle commented on it to me the other week when i booked in.

Just muck in and enjoy the rallies.
what barnard castle youve been there to? ok .pj

May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
Very Old one:-

Wanted, Partner to share life and Companionship, Must have Boat and Dog. Send picture of Dog.
You didn't mention gender, so here is my offering ambulancekidd .........I think he could make a paper boat if that helps. ;) :imoutahere:

Attachments

• 20191121_171619.jpg
    20191121_171619.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 42
Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Many years ago I virtually met a lady on one of those Grab-a-Granny websites who quickly assured me that she didn't intend to holiday in a garden shed.
I should look her up again (if she's still alive) as after ten years touring Europe solo I've more or less had enough so I'm seriously considering packing it in to give time for other interests. Not mobile gardening.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Because I don't frequent pubs and clubs on a regular basis and I go to the supermarket to buy essentials like beer and rum, not to find a "soulmate", a friend suggested why not try a dating site.
I thought why not, there must be some ladies out there that would like to go exploring in a motorhome.
Result so far are disappointing to say the least.

#1 Me: Do you think you would like to try a trip away in the motorhome?
Her: Over my dead body!

#2 Me: I own a motorhome and plan to travel around the UK
Her: I rent a flat and go to Majorca for 2 weeks every year

#3 Me: So you like camping, have you ever been away in a motorhome?
Her: No, I go to a campsite in Rhyl, we rent an 6 berth caravan there.

#4 Me: Think of a motorhome as a small self-catering apartment on wheels
Her: Think of it as something I ain't never going to do!

Final analysis: My friend owes me the damned subscription to this so called dating site and I'll go back to the supermarket tomorrow to purchase more rum to drown my sorrows!:D2
Remember it as if it were yesterday, don't be such a soft touch. My adds went along the lines of...Male own home, looking for a tall lady similar age with a face that wouldn't frighten the horses.
When you meet, leave your van in the car park, get there before them so they don't know it belongs to you.
Have a drink and chat depending how the evening goes. Just say would you like to come back to my place for a coffee. It worked every time, over your coffee in the car park I will guarantee they will take an interest in your hobby and be begging for a trip to the coast with you in your motorhome.;):giggle:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back