Ok we are here , got to turn round now (1 Viewer)

May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010
I wondered this afternoon if some funsters would be interested in meeting up sometime at gravelines, either coming or going somewhere else or even a couple of days booze cruise.

That sounds like a plan šŸ‘

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
IMG_20220520_101323244.jpg

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
At least it's wet and grey today so not too bad having to come home, still pretty warm though.
Been to the market this morning ,a lot of people about, going to fill up with wine now at Lidl or superu, can't be bothered going to cite Europe with all the dire warnings, although we have never seen any trouble there.
Meal out at le eclusier, the restaurant on the aire tonight, been booked from home before we came, then tunnel tomorrow and back to reality, M20, 25, 1, a 50 :(

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
At least it's wet and grey today so not too bad having to come home, still pretty warm though.
Been to the market this morning ,a lot of people about, going to fill up with wine now at Lidl or superu, can't be bothered going to cite Europe with all the dire warnings, although we have never seen any trouble there.
Meal out at le eclusier, the restaurant on the aire tonight, been booked from home before we came, then tunnel tomorrow and back to reality, M20, 25, 1, a 50 :(

You will give yourself nightmares thinking like that!

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Re any where that is a Roman Catholic country or indeed there's a catholic church, bells will always be rung for Mass on Holy Days of Obligation, as well as Sundays and unless you happen to know every Saints Day in the calendar, you might not realise you'll hear them that day. Just saying, that's all.

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Well here we are back home, might never been away, grass is growing garden needs weeding, van wants unloading, hens and goats want feeding .
But was it great? Yes it was, got loads on now, doctors, hospitals , grandsons wedding, church decoration for the jubilee, tractor run from the local pub, tractor show at the village recreation ground, two more shows later, hens to move, pens to build, haymaking to be done, just no end to it till September when we hope to be gone for a month.:sleep: (y) (y) (y) (y)
Was it worth it, you bet.

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Well here we are back home, might never been away, grass is growing garden needs weeding, van wants unloading, hens and goats want feeding .
But was it great? Yes it was, got loads on now, doctors, hospitals , grandsons wedding, church decoration for the jubilee, tractor run from the local pub, tractor show at the village recreation ground, two more shows later, hens to move, pens to build, haymaking to be done, just no end to it till September when we hope to be gone for a month.:sleep: (y) (y) (y) (y)
Was it worth it, you bet.
Sacre Bleu!šŸ‘

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Agree , annoyed me that on a couple of times french mojos stayed on the services bay refused to move , down on the original Aire by the bridge
What did you do? Drop the waste so it flows under their step? Oh Iā€™d have been so tempted:devil: especially if theyā€™d have been sat outsidešŸ˜

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 yearsā€¦.
What did you do? Drop the waste so it flows under their step? Oh Iā€™d have been so tempted:devil: especially if theyā€™d have been sat outsidešŸ˜
We were in a site at a little village called chanaz in France last year.
Dump point was just outside the gate so on the day we left went out to empty my tanks and some French twat in a BMW had parked over half way on the grillšŸ¤¬šŸ¤¬
Within spitting distance there were dozens of places to park.

I got out my waste hose and dumped about 150+ litres of black waste all up his wheel and it made a nice spray pattern up his wingšŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Oct 8, 2016
Tunbridge Wells
Funster No
MH
Bailey 75-2
Exp
I'm a newbie
I wasnā€™t aware we ate horse meat. I have had some awful steaks in the UK. Puts you off eating steak which is why we usually wait until we get to France where we can visit a Buffalo Grill. Always cooked to perfection and reasonably priced.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
We were in a site at a little village called chanaz in France last year.
Dump point was just outside the gate so on the day we left went out to empty my tanks and some French twat in a BMW had parked over half way on the grillšŸ¤¬šŸ¤¬
Within spitting distance there were dozens of places to park.

I got out my waste hose and dumped about 150+ litres of black waste all up his wheel and it made a nice spray pattern up his wingšŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Pity that it was not a convertible. :LOL:

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Brilliant mate, glad to see that others have taken my lead, we are really not making it up.
Fantastic place, and so near the tunnel you could even do it on a day trip from down south.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
To add to my post above the bloke we spoke to has been coming here for years on his trips to Spain. He say CCP are only the latest owner of this aire. He remembers at least two other operators but when he first came here it was free.

Good place anyway, the Lac de Saint Perdoux is yards away and lunch minutes away. I echo chaser 's comment. France is worth visiting.

View attachment 617931
We stayed there three weeks ago and loved itā€™s location.

Reactions: DBK
May 23, 2021
Beds.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Harmony
Exp
Since 2021...
Really enjoyed reading this, thanks for sharing. Maybe we'll be brave enough to try outside UK soon...we still feel as though we're too inexperienced! I guess we just need to stop thinking and go for it!!!!

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Really enjoyed reading this, thanks for sharing. Maybe we'll be brave enough to try outside UK soon...we still feel as though we're too inexperienced! I guess we just need to stop thinking and go for it!!!!
Please believe me when I say it is much easier touring France then the uk, not knocking the uk but there are just more places to stop at Aires/campsites and the country roads are a pleasure to driveā€¦ do before itā€™s too late the country was made for motorhomesā€¦šŸ˜Ž

May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
Brilliant mate, glad to see that others have taken my lead, we are really not making it up.
Fantastic place, and so near the tunnel you could even do it on a day trip from down south.
First chance the timings worked, passed through February but was Valentines and no chance of a table.
Amazing service, good food and great value.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back