Ok we are here , got to turn round now (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
We are now here, pleasant little town, butchers, bakers, fast food, bars, all sorts.
Just a car park in the centre of town, free but no services. (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) :giggle:
Screenshot_20220517-154633.png

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Just a typical small french town, but it's just to hot to do much exploring, so we have been and a bit of lunch and now sat on a nearly empty car park, had chairs out in the shadow of the van, noones batted an eyelid.
Wait till the sun goes down ABIT then go for a drink in one of the bars.
It really is hard in france (y) (y) (y) ;) :giggle:

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
chaser

You are travelling like us and finding some nice spots. It is not difficult is it?

There are so many nice places in France that it could take 1-2 years full-time to cover it all.

We have just joined France Passion, so that could add a huge number of extra stops - Basia's mouth is already slavering by just reading the directory.

Enjoy your last few days.

Geoff

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Got my France Passion book and pass a few days ago. Mastered how to use it. Now looking forward to using a few of the stops from the 7th of next month.

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Woke up again to a bright sunny morning, in the park4night app someone commented that it was noisy here , don't know if they were somewhere else but we didn't hear a thing , not even the church bells that are supposed to ring.

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Woke up again to a bright sunny morning, in the park4night app someone commented that it was noisy here , don't know if they were somewhere else but we didn't hear a thing , not even the church bells that are supposed to ring.
We’ve woken up in similar positions to the market stalls being erected around us…maybe they were parked on the wrong day?!

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
chaser

You are travelling like us and finding some nice spots. It is not difficult is it?

There are so many nice places in France that it could take 1-2 years full-time to cover it all.

We have just joined France Passion, so that could add a huge number of extra stops - Basia's mouth is already slavering by just reading the directory.

Enjoy your last few days.

Geoff
Got my France Passion book and pass a few days ago. Mastered how to use it. Now looking forward to using a few of the stops from the 7th of next month.
If you like nice quiet places in the country you will be alright with France passion, (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Our big mistake this time is one we haven't done before, and that was to plan on a site in a town, and on getting there it was shut, so we had to find another late on, and ended up on a ccp carpark, what we useually do is just travel somewhere, if it looks nice ,get park4night up on the phone and click on, around me, and there will be a few to choose from, pick what looks the best and have a look if it's not right , repeat the p4n thing and move to the next place (y) (y) (y) (y) :giggle:

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
We will deffo try one or two as we will be in France for about a week on our way to Spain and Portugal.
Also got that park4night thing on the phone.

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
This place we are at now is a brilliant place to stop if you are on your way south, about three mins off the free motorway, and every shop and stuff you could want for a nights stop. Even a McDonald's if you are into them.

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Well we are here tonight, I know a lot of use it all the time but it's the first time we have been here, nice spot clean and all individual plots.
But we are coming to the end of this tour now, :( back to gravelines tomorrow ready for the Friday market and steak dinner at la eclusier Friday night before a tunnel at about 11 o'clock Saturday. :(
But all in all its been a good one, good weather, clear roads, and apart from the one night on CCP excellent mainly free Aires.
Didn't know what to expect, but you would never think there had been any two years of doom and gloom, everyone pleasant and smiling, had a Dutch couple and a french couple admireing the ambulance a while ago.
Brits very far and between and don't want to talk to you but that's always the case anyway so not concerned just saying.
All being well we shall be back for a month in September, anything less is just to much of a rush about but still enjoyed the break.
Screenshot_20220518-184556.png
(y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) :giggle:

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Well we are here tonight, I know a lot of use it all the time but it's the first time we have been here, nice spot clean and all individual plots.
But we are coming to the end of this tour now, :( back to gravelines tomorrow ready for the Friday market and steak dinner at la eclusier Friday night before a tunnel at about 11 o'clock Saturday. :(
But all in all its been a good one, good weather, clear roads, and apart from the one night on CCP excellent mainly free Aires.
Didn't know what to expect, but you would never think there had been any two years of doom and gloom, everyone pleasant and smiling, had a Dutch couple and a french couple admireing the ambulance a while ago.
Brits very far and between and don't want to talk to you but that's always the case anyway so not concerned just saying.
All being well we shall be back for a month in September, anything less is just to much of a rush about but still enjoyed the break.View attachment 619544 (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) :giggle:
Looking forwards to our trip in July I've said to quite a few people if you take the motorhome to France and don't enjoy it sell it cause for me it's as good as it gets.

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
This place we are at now is a brilliant place to stop if you are on your way south, about three mins off the free motorway, and every shop and stuff you could want for a nights stop. Even a McDonald's if you are into them.
But where is it or have I missed something.
We moved yesterday as the Aire we had stopped at wasn’t brilliant, saw another just up the road but that’s changed to a CCP so came to Rugles instead and it’s changed since we last visited in 2008 , nice big area and 6 ehu points and all free.
1EFECF77-7A5F-4D43-9DA8-FDDCFE2ABCC1.jpeg

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
But where is it or have I missed something.
We moved yesterday as the Aire we had stopped at wasn’t brilliant, saw another just up the road but that’s changed to a CCP so came to Rugles instead and it’s changed since we last visited in 2008 , nice big area and 6 ehu points and all free.View attachment 619915
Nice Aire that one , nice walk Round village , stayed several times

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Agree , annoyed me that on a couple of times french mojos stayed on the services bay refused to move , down on the original Aire by the bridge

Last edited:
May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010
All being well we shall be back for a month in September, anything less is just to much of a rush about but still enjoyed the break.View attachment 619544 (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) :giggle:

We mostly use Montreuil after leaving the tunnel, but late Friday night it was packed, even the overflow parking was full up. So ended up staying on a Carrefor (spelling ) car Park in Berck, that we found on Park4nite.

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
West Yorkshire occasionally
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
Probably slightly larger glasses, heathen that I am. Enjoyed your trip Chaser. Hope to bump into you one day (metaphorically) Made us very impatient now for the 6th June. Got 70 days to meander to Croatia and back.
please show us your trip to Croatia as that is def on the cards for us next year 👍

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Probably slightly larger glasses, heathen that I am. Enjoyed your trip Chaser. Hope to bump into you one day (metaphorically) Made us very impatient now for the 6th June. Got 70 days to meander to Croatia and back.
I wondered this afternoon if some funsters would be interested in meeting up sometime at gravelines, either coming or going somewhere else or even a couple of days booze cruise.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
I wondered this afternoon if some funsters would be interested in meeting up sometime at gravelines, either coming or going somewhere else or even a couple of days booze cruise.

With the ferry/tunnel prices now and reduced duty free allowance, gone are the days when a booze cruise would pay for itself.

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Just
With the ferry/tunnel prices now and reduced duty free allowance, gone are the days when a booze cruise would pay for itself.
A turn of phrase, the tunnel does reduced fares for day trip or a couple, only just idel talk as we sat out in the square in the sun :giggle:
Don't suppose enough would ever be coming at the same time.

Jul 22, 2017
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
5 km down the road from here is a free ferry that takes you across the Seine, we are going to give it a go tomorrow, has anyone else done it?
If you're talking about the one at Saint-Nicolas-de-Bliquetuit, it's not operating anymore

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back