Blue Knight

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Morning Team,

I've received this Nationwide Insurance note from Martin Money (MSE) today.

On paper it looks to be a good product but I'll let you guys decide.

Regards,

Andrew

Screenshot_20190320-091026_Samsung Internet.jpg

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I think lots of us already have it :D.
Keep some cash in the account and the interest pays for some of the fee.
Used the phone cover and very happy.
Used the breakdown on wife's car, no issues and I use it to cover the motorhome.
When abroad I draw cash off the card and get better rate than at local exchange places.

Recommended. (y)

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Yes, I've relied on it since it was introduced perhaps nearly two years ago for my m/h, 2 cars and 2 motorbikes and many have commented on here that they have taken it up. I've only had to use it once (at home) for a puncture and by pure fluke the guy was nearby and arrived within ten minutes.
There is a m/h size limitation

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Isn't there a limit on trip duration?

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Yes, 31 days unless you purchase an upgrade.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Isn't there a limit on trip duration?
Yes, plus (as is normal everywhere) health pre-conditions and age parameters but all coverable/extendable at reasonable cost if notified. I assume that their clever marketing people/statisticians have worked out the standard terms/cost to appeal to their target market. E.g. 'Most' will be happy with 31 days cover in one single trip.
The big benefit for (lazy) me is that I don't have to faff about renewing/getting quotes/ notifying change of vehicle etc. for each of my 5 vehicles.
Full details here:
https://www.nationwide.co.uk/produc...MIzp_6jMqQ4QIVSeJ3Ch2m4gNPEAAYASAAEgJAyvD_BwE

Last edited:
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
Martin Lewis says "even if you don't want to switch.....".

WHY would you not want to switch? They give you £100 (and also £100 to the person who recommends you) so that covers the account fee for most of the first year, even if you don't get any interest on money in the account. ;)

In the good old days I knew the staff in my local bank, visiting two or three times per week.
This week we visited Nationwide to get a security item changed: first time in well over a year but, as ever, good service.
Yesterday we visited Santander to open a 123account to access their beneficial interest rates on a current account (and collect £50 for me plus £50 for my brother for recommending me).
Apart from that, it's all been done via the internet for years. :)

We have two joint accounts and two individual accounts which we cycle money around to comply with their requirements for paying in a certain amount each month. It takes approx 5 minutes per month and earns almost £20: a good rate of remuneration. (y)

Gordon

PS Happy to "recommend" anyone looking for a Nationwide (and now also a Santander) current account. :whistle:

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A clas
Exp
Since 1990
We've just upgraded to 90 days for £108.

Just to clarify, I believe the medical upgrade to 90 days is effectively multi-trip over the 12 months upgrade insurance period. That's what I've always assumed ???

This is based on the assumption that the basic 31 day, single trip, can be repeated ad infinitum.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
Just to clarify, I believe the medical upgrade to 90 days is effectively multi-trip over the 12 months upgrade insurance period. That's what I've always assumed ???

This is based on the assumption that the basic 31 day, single trip, can be repeated ad infinitum.
It's as many 90 trips that you want to make, so yes your assumption is corect.

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Better than NatWest cover, Mohos up to 7m:mad::mad:

Top Hat

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
8years
With the plus account you can also open a regular saver account where you can save up to £250 per month at 5%, if you have a joint account you can open a account each.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
With the plus account you can also open a regular saver account where you can save up to £250 per month at 5%, if you have a joint account you can open a account each.
Actually you can have the regular saver with any of the current accounts listed below. The 5% is cumulative so equates to an APR of 2.71% giving £81 interest at the end of the 12 month term (assuming you pay in £250 x 12):

upload_2019-3-21_0-11-50.png

OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
You guys have posted some great points.

Personally speaking we don't have any phone insurance and our cars are now 13-months old (No breakdown cover) so we opened an account last night.

Well worth it IMO.(y)

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Have used breakdown twice at home,,excellent,,used holiday / sickness insurance once, again hassle free and paid out promptly..BUSBY.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick
Exp

Yes, kind of you to look that up for me. I stand corrected and reproduce the time limit for breakdown cover here so others can see it without the need to RTFM.

"A pre booked continuous journey to the countries as specified within the geographical limits of Section 3D (UK & European Assist) which begins and ends in the UK and which does not exceed 180 days in total during a 12 month period"

I haven't gone into whether it is possible to purchase an upgrade for longer trips as that does not apply to me but others may wish to enquire if they are going to go over the 180 days, although I would think six months will cover the vast majority of people.

Last edited:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Having been a Nationwide customer along with several other building societies since before the days of "carpetbagging" there was a time I was a little miffed that I never got a payout from the Nationwide. My thoughts have since changed and I cannot fault the service that they now provide. Having used there travel insurance along with breakdown cover outside the EU along with there excellent exchange rates on cash withdrawals worldwide and they even pay ME for using there credit card. Top ISA rates for long term customers and very good savings rates. If I need to speak to someone I get a native English speaker. Cannot fault em (y).

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 9097F
Exp
June 2016
Claimed off the mobile phone insurance twice no with no hassle superb service

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
Isn't that an oxymoron ?

WHY?

I couldn't start my MH because the battery was flat/dead (6.6V despite being on continuous smart charger BUT 16y old!!!)

Phoned Nationwide and breakdown firm were there within 1h. They would have brought a battery with them but I got a cheaper one from Halfords in the intervening period.

The guy spent almost 1h removing the rusted nuts, squeezing it out from under the Aclass bonnet, replacing it and checking.

It was a "breakdown" and NW cover includes "at home" service [RAC etc usually charge extra to include this]. (y)

Gordon

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back