Morocco 2022 (7 Viewers)

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
It’s doubtful Türkiye will be as warm as Maroc this time of year unles you intend to motor down as far as Mersin or Adana.

However, down that far and you’re faced with the proximity of various other conflicts.

You could take the ferry from Taşucu to Girne (Kyrenia) Kuzey Kibris (North Cyprus) where you would have a better chance with the weather.

görüşürüz 👍
Agreed. But Turkey are letting people in. I am in Spain ready to go but really don't think its going to be possible this year.

Ive spoken to people who have done Turkey and parts of middle east in winter and almost all said Morrocon climate is best but still interested to hear how Hotelman gets on.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Agreed. But Turkey are letting people in. I am in Spain ready to go but really don't think its going to be possible this year.

Ive spoken to people who have done Turkey and parts of middle east in winter and almost all said Morrocon climate is best but still interested to hear how Hotelman gets on.
I know of one Funster couple who were on there way to Turkey a couple of weeks ago but decided not to continue there journey and now heading back up through France on there way back to the UK.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2019
Funster No
MH
Fiat PVC
Exp
Since 1995
Been to North Cyprus a couple of times but not in our Moho.
Just looking on the map.me the coastline looks great, as it seems that most is covered by a footpath.
with your experience did You see many campers?

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Just looking on the map.me the coastline looks great, as it seems that most is covered by a footpath.
with your experience did You see many campers?
Can’t recall seeing any but I’m sure there will be some that have found their way there. Relaxation of the UN Green Line border crossings between North & South will doubtless have encouraged those who are more adventurous.

Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014

Well, we’ve arrived on Crete, not quite the sunshine of Morrocco, but able to walk around without a jumper. The island feels very closed, being the winter, but we found a taverna open , he wanted to see our COVID pass, and apologised for not being allowed to play background music, blaming COVID, interesting 🤔.

Some good Dutch friends, well travelled suggested, Crete to Rhodes, then to Turkey, but apparently no ferries to Turkey, politics not COVID, even the short distance from Rhodes, but we have time, and I have just signed up to the ‘Seasmiles’ loyalty program for Greek ferries, points awarded for travel, food, oh and beer 👍.

I suspect that Crete is not suited to large motorhomes, especially the south of the island, but we shall see, we have our scooter to explore.

The adventure here is new, as will be the next 10 weeks, but we’d rather be in Morrocco, we haven’t seen another motorhome for a week, are they all in Spain and Portugal 😂

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Well, we’ve arrived on Crete, not quite the sunshine of Morrocco, but able to walk around without a jumper. The island feels very closed, being the winter, but we found a taverna open , he wanted to see our COVID pass, and apologised for not being allowed to play background music, blaming COVID, interesting 🤔.

Some good Dutch friends, well travelled suggested, Crete to Rhodes, then to Turkey, but apparently no ferries to Turkey, politics not COVID, even the short distance from Rhodes, but we have time, and I have just signed up to the ‘Seasmiles’ loyalty program for Greek ferries, points awarded for travel, food, oh and beer 👍.

I suspect that Crete is not suited to large motorhomes, especially the south of the island, but we shall see, we have our scooter to explore.

The adventure here is new, as will be the next 10 weeks, but we’d rather be in Morrocco, we haven’t seen another motorhome for a week, are they all in Spain and Portugal 😂
There are quite a lot here in Spain, all nations, even seen Polish and Lithuanian registered mhs here.

Portland

Free Member
Oct 31, 2013
Conwy
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
20 years
We fly back to Alicante Wednesday and will go to San Fulgencio for a couple of weeks to see if we can do Morocco but we will have to keep a keen eye on our time limit to make sure we don't exceed the 90 days.
It could be possible that the French ferries open first, so it may be possible to join at Barcelona. Inshallah

Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
What do we think , will Morocco open up soon, wether it be sailing from Genoa or Sete ?, we are in southern Turkey, it maybe dry but it’s bloody cold.

15isto2

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 27, 2018
Funster No
France have chartered evacuation ferries for European citizens the end of the month I am not hopeful of a swift reopening. I am booked to go to Agadir in March, Easyjet have cancelled flights from Manchester until November although Ryanair are scheduled from 2nd week in Feb but I suspect they will soon be cancelled.

Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
Obviously I understand the fall out between Spain and Morocco, it’s a shame, but that’s politics, just like the maritime borders being closed between Greece and Turkey. But I’m being optimistic that Morocco may open up for maritime traffic from France and Italy, inshallah.

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
So it looks like Morocco is opening up for the Ferries again which could make possible to kick start this thread and it’s objective.
l am in position to do it and am currently awaiting for the Ferry to actually start running.
Anyone still interested?

Aug 20, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Pulse
Exp
Motorhoming since 2020
So it looks like Morocco is opening up for the Ferries again which could make possible to kick start this thread and it’s objective.
l am in position to do it and am currently awaiting for the Ferry to actually start running.
Anyone still interested?
Not this year maybe next year.

Feb 16, 2019
Funster No
MH
Fiat PVC
Exp
Since 1995
Same here later this year/ early next hopefully.
It would be nice to here about your trip, please keep us informed 🙂

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
If we were to go again it would be end of December-March. This seems to be the most popular time even for those who have crossed more than a few times.

OP
OP
ceejayt

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Going to start a new thread - Morocco 2023 - we intend to go - didn't go this year for a few reasons - the main one being SWMBO broke her leg on December 23rd!

PG

Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
VW Transporter
We are looking to go to Morocco for the first time from mid October to mid December 2022.
We hope that the forum can assist in questions about dogs where I assume rules and paperwork have changed quite a bit over the last couple of years.

Can you give us tips on what you know/have learned about.

Vaccinations - Do we need anything more than we have needed to get into the EU?
Border controls - Is there any pet border control going into Morocco and is the pet border control into EU Spain the same as you find at the French side of the Eurotunnel?
Dog friendliness - Are dogs allowed on beaches?
Are there plenty of campsites that take more than one dog?
UK health certificate - The certificate is only valid for 4 months and we will be away for 5 in total. So has anyone got a certificate done to return to the UK while in the EU?

Thanks
Paul and Lucy

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
42yearscaravanning&motorhoming
Anyone thinking of going Jan 2022 yet?

Probably a bit early to decide but just thinking ahead - hopefully pandemic will be in the rear window. We have been a couple times before with Desert Detours but hoping to perhaps cross over with someone else for company at least through the border so thought I would start a thread.
I believe a few funsters sort of meet up in the Palmones area I thought you might have known that, It might be worth following the Morocco thread that usually appears every year well in advance, I’m sure there will be a few going to Morocco in January 2023, You might benefit from having a chat with Lenny as he is quite knowledgeable regarding Morocco, Desert Detours is a bit of a rip-off I feel. Just sayin....

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
We’re hoping the new route from Poole will be carrying mohos by then.

I had also hoped that there would have been some further announcements regarding the Ro-Ro proposal of a Poole to Morocco ferry, I did email United Seaways some 2years ago when it was first mentioned, regarding the possibility of Motorhomes being carried but never received any response, originally it was said that the ferry was intended purely as a direct link from Morocco to Uk in order to bypass the hassle created by B#ex!¥
with border delays, but there was never really any mention of the possibility of Motorhomes being carried, surely they would have thought that it would be ideal if only to Carry Motorhomes on the outward crossing from Poole as the will be sailing more or less empty, I seem to recall some posts on the fun forums that some funsters had emailed United Seaways and did receive fairly positive responses but I’ve not heard anything since, maybe some funsters can shed some light on this please.

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
Cuts the EU out completely 👍

Would be ideal if only on the outward crossing, it’d be a big saving in fuel and driving time alone, plus the bonus of not using and of your 90day allowance till you cross back from Tangier med to Algeciras. Just sayin......

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
Why is Morrocco not on my to do list??

never been as it’s not on my radar whatsoever but what am I missing, anything or nothing?

Do you mind ceejayt if I ask for all the good and bad bits, do’s n don’ts

cheers

Al

Try it, you’ll either love it or hate it, we personally loved it, done it 6 times and would love to go again especially if the Poole-Morocco Ferry route materialises.

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
Spent eleven weeks touring Morocco several years ago. Fantastic experience and hope to overwinter there 21-22.
However, insurance now seems to be a problem with companies such as Comfort no longer issuing a green card from January this year. I believe SAGA do.
Advantages include good weather, less expensive than European destinations and , of course, not part of 90 day rule.
I believe you can only spend three months there, but add some time in Spain and that should see the winter through😃

Will Saga provide breakdown cover to include EU AND Morocco, Comfort used to but you had to pay for any breakdown out there and Comfort reimbursed you on return, shame they no longer cover Morocco.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back