Morocco 2022 (1 Viewer)

Nov 24, 2017
Greater London
Funster No
MH
2021 Burstner TD680G
Exp
Camping , caravanning, campervaning for 10 years
Definitely on my "highly likely" plan to cross over January 2022 to spend a few weeks so keen to know who might be going. SWMBO may be flying so potentially will be on my lonesome at the border and having seen what its like it would be good to have some compa
Unfortunately Morocco winter 2021/22 is not now on the cards for us. Maybe next winter.... fingers crossed

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No

What about maritime borders?

The transit points are the same as last year, namely Genoa in Italy and Sete and Marseille in France. In accordance with the sanitary conditions mentioned above, while specifying that in addition to the PCR test presented at the time of embarkation, the travelers will carry out another test on board and this to ensure the maximum sanitary safety for them and for their relatives.

The UK is on Morocco's " A list "
Reading it all I'm not sure if the above relates to the double jabbed. Either way I don't fancy it.

OP
OP
ceejayt

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Not sure what you mean about departure points. The ferry is from Algeciras?

morocco is not on the red list so minimum requirements on Rene try to U.K. or have I misunderstood your post

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021

morocco is not on the red list so minimum requirements on Rene try to U.K. or have I misunderstood your post
I was under the impression that ferries are not running from Spain to Morocco at the moment unless the issues with the Spanish have been resolved and they're back on again.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
I’d like to think one day we’ll think about going over to Morroco if only to be able to extend the 90 day trip

It’s somewhere we’ve never been and never wanted to tbh, does it have the coastal sites near to towns like Spain has. Is it safe enough, are the locals friendly, how much is the ferry from Spain and how long is it as the missus doesn’t do boats
Al 👍
The ferry ride is less seaborne than Dover Calais although the Acciona boat is a bit sh*t. Defo going back to Frs next time.

No problems at all with the locals, mainly nice respectful folk.

There are lots of campsites along the Atlantic coast. Some have improved massively but don't expect bonterra park. It's also a bit cold for swimming and not much sunbathing going on unless you're in Agadir.

Once past Casablanca it's a lovely climate for the time of year, its acres of space and lots of interesting and very different places to experience.

Jul 28, 2021
Tiverton, UK
Funster No
MH
rapido i1090
Exp
since 1996
hi all,
we have done three winters in morocco,
we are flying to Agadir in November and will check with some of our friends who live out there if they know of any new restrictions that may affect motorhomes.
morocco is a lovely place for winter sun,

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Unfortunately, due to recent medical problems, I've more or less decided that Morocco is off our list for the forseeable future - never say never but for now unlikely.

But I would encourage anybody who is "thinking about it" to just stop thinking and going for it. You won't regret it.

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No

You may have misunderstood.
The only two ports from which one can ( at the moment) travel to Morocco are Sete and Genoa.
The UK is on Morocco's A list referred to within the link I supplied. I did not refer to a red list

Any country not on the below B list is on Morocco's A list

Screenshot_20211003-200248-337.png

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
This is from a German travel book writer, written this month. Hopefully the link will translate to English

A special note applies to campers who come with their own mobile home (and possibly also dogs): Ferry traffic between Spain and Morocco is suspended until further notice (also for political reasons). However, the ferries from France and Italy run. Should there ever be border closings (which in our opinion is extremely unlikely) it can be assumed that securing one of the few ferry places to France or Italy will be complicated, as these routes are much less frequented than those to Spain.

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
Interesting:

Apparently the United Seaways RoRo ferry from Tangiers to Poole is actually going to run!
Link here
Fruit & Veg northbound, I wonder if they would take unaccompanied Motorhome southbound ?

I don't see them taking passengers as the ship is only licenced for freight, but it could be a plan to drive your motorhome onto the ferry in Poole, fly to Morocco, and pick it up and then take as long as you like driving home

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
Has already been investigated and there will be no service for motorhomes unfortunately, with or without passengers.
What are they going to take southbound ?

I can't think of much in the way of time critical wheeled cargo that Morocco needs from the UK

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
What are they going to take southbound ?

I can't think of much in the way of time critical wheeled cargo that Morocco needs from the UK
Found this online

• the UK-Morocco Association Agreement replicates the effects of the existing trade and non-trade provisions as far as possible. Under the Agreement consumers in the UK will continue to benefit from lower prices on goods imported from Morocco, such as fruit and vegetables. Consumers in Morocco will continue to benefit from lower tariffs on products such as dairy products, meat, fruit and vegetables from the UK

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Has anyone heard when the Spanish ferries are going to resume? Last I read the King and the Spanish had resumed communication.

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
hi all,
we have done three winters in morocco,
we are flying to Agadir in November and will check with some of our friends who live out there if they know of any new restrictions that may affect motorhomes.
morocco is a lovely place for winter sun,
" The Moroccan Government has announced the suspension for an unspecified period of direct flights between Morocco and the UK (and Germany and The Netherlands) with effect from midnight 20 October. "

PJGWiltshire

Free Member
Mar 11, 2013
Arundel
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2009
I get the impression that the reference is for flights to the uk Germany and Holland. There us no ban on uk passport holders so can entry be made via other routes. It states flights from France and Spain to continue

Jul 28, 2021
Tiverton, UK
Funster No
MH
rapido i1090
Exp
since 1996
I get the impression that the reference is for flights to the uk Germany and Holland. There us no ban on uk passport holders so can entry be made via other routes. It states flights from France and Spain to continue
hi going from France is the safest option,

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
As a veteran funster traveller to Morocco, I would advise all to be patient with Morocco this year. Plenty of time to make a final decision and something that should not be rushed. We will give it a miss this year as for us there is too much uncertainty and we will return around Jan 2023. For those who are travelling first time, just hook up with other Funsters who have crossed before when you get to Algeciras to help you through the crossing, then spread your wings.

Aug 19, 2020
Dawlish, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tribute
Exp
Since 2015
SWMBO has expressed an interest in going to Morocco in Jan 22 for around 8 weeks. Is there anyone else thinking of travelling there next Jan? Never been so completly new to what is required or what to expect.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
SWMBO has expressed an interest in going to Morocco in Jan 22 for around 8 weeks. Is there anyone else thinking of travelling there next Jan? Never been so completly new to what is required or what to expect.
At the moment the general consensus is its going to be a no-go this coming winter ! However, Keep an eye on this thread and if things change you will find out here.

Aug 19, 2020
Dawlish, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tribute
Exp
Since 2015
If Morocco doesn't pan out then it looks like Spain, though this will add to the 90 in 180 day rule. I've got some more trips in the pipeline that will be within the six months, that it could affect.

Feb 16, 2019
Funster No
MH
Fiat PVC
Exp
Since 1995
If Morocco doesn't pan out then it looks like Spain, though this will add to the 90 in 180 day rule. I've got some more trips in the pipeline that will be within the six months, that it could affect.
Yes that is / can be the sticking point. Just have to work within it.

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
An article from 23 October

Morocco will imminently reopen passenger maritime connections with Spain and its borders with Ceuta and Melilla​

But it does go on to say they might not!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back