Morocco 2018 (3 Viewers)

Dec 18, 2010
Norfolk.
Funster No
MH
Autotrail cheyenne
Exp
2008-20??
We are thinking about going back to Morocco this winter and have just looked at Caleys passport,she needs a repeat rabies injection.The thing we are not sure about is will she need the Titre test done again??

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Hi Martin & Sue, Lynda says that so long as your rabies injections haven't lapsed and you had the Titre initially, then there is no need to repeat the Titre. However, if you miss the anniversary date of the rabies repeats then you have to start again.

Dec 18, 2010
Norfolk.
Funster No
MH
Autotrail cheyenne
Exp
2008-20??
Hi Martin & Sue, Lynda says that so long as your rabies injections haven't lapsed and you had the Titre initially, then there is no need to repeat the Titre. However, if you miss the anniversary date of the rabies repeats then you have to start again.

That's what I thought but Sue wasn't so sure so I said phone Lynda and she said "I will later".But it seams "fun" is quicker than a phone call.(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 8, 2015
Rakitnika, Varna, Bulgaria
Funster No
MH
Damon Daybreak RV
Exp
Now in fifth year and with American RV
On the question of dogs, do they travel in the van on the ferries or in kennels, what is the crossing duration please.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
We use the Euro tunnel and then the ferry from Algeciras. The dog stays in the van on both crossings. The ferry from Algeciras to Tangier Med takess just over an hour.

Nov 8, 2015
Funster No
MH
Damon Daybreak RV
Exp
Thanks for that Canopus, do they allow passengers to stay in van for crossing to Tangier Med ? I have a dog that gets very stressed in the van on ferry if he is left alone - last year he dismantled a door frame during the Calais - Dover crossing, I had to hide in the van with him on the return leg - he slept all the way over :LOL:

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Sorry @Mike4727 you will need to go to the police office on board to get your passport stamped on the outward crossing (not needed on return) so even if you were allowed to stay in the van, which you aren't, "hiding" is not an option. You wouldn't get through immigration/customs without your passport stamped - it's checked.

Can only suggest some sort of sedative for the pooch - your vet will advise; you need to get the rabies jab/test done anyway for the Pet Passport.

Nov 8, 2015
Funster No
MH
Damon Daybreak RV
Exp
Hi Terry, thanks for that, I should have realised it wouldn't be that easy. The passports are all valid for both dogs until mid April and all vacinations in accordance with EU pet travel scheme. I will talk to my vet about the sedative option. We are still at early planning for the winter break which is travel from here ( Bulgaria ) through to Spain and possibly Portugal, starting in October, we do not have to be back here until April and so have time for a couple of months in Morocco if everything works out ok. Thanks again for the advice so far.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Mike, just picking up on EU pet travel scheme. Morocco is not part of that scheme, you'll need rabies jabs and test I'm pretty sure. It maybe of course that you've already done that for Bulgaria.
@canopus seems to be better informed on that score.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
Mike, just picking up on EU pet travel scheme. Morocco is not part of that scheme, you'll need rabies jabs and test I'm pretty sure. It maybe of course that you've already done that for Bulgaria.
@canopus seems to be better informed on that score.
if you take a eu dog to morocco thety may not ask for the blood test result when coming back into spain .
sometimes they do . depends if there as been a scare at the time .
i remember a few times eu folk that hadnt needed the titra test for their dogs had to get them in morocco. but our uk dog had to have the test for uk so she was ok.
i say if thinking of taking a dog to morocco just get the test done only to be safe and sure .
before coming back to uk. worth a check .
havnt had a dog for a few years so times change . but check.

Nov 8, 2015
Funster No
MH
Damon Daybreak RV
Exp
Just to be clear about this, if the dogs have EU passports with all vaccinations up to date, including rabies, they will not have any further treatment required entering or exiting Morocco from Spain ? We had to have then treated for tapeworm last year when visiting UK but I think that is UK requirement rather than EU, my vet isn't aware of any other special conditions for Morocco but, then again, I am not sure he even knows where that is :LOL:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
Just to be clear about this, if the dogs have EU passports with all vaccinations up to date, including rabies, they will not have any further treatment required entering or exiting Morocco from Spain ? We had to have then treated for tapeworm last year when visiting UK but I think that is UK requirement rather than EU, my vet isn't aware of any other special conditions for Morocco but, then again, I am not sure he even knows where that is :LOL:
morocco is outside the eu system . if there as been a recent rabies scare spain expects to see a blood titra result .
shame many vets arent as clever as they should be .
cant help for other countries in the eu system but if from uk might be worth looking at govuk.
my info here is or could be outdated as its from17/08/13.
but its worth checking and doing homework before you go.
i know several eu friends that got held up because of no titra result .
best use ceuta ferry then you can get it done there . if need be .

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
What I'm referring to is the titra test, as per vwalan above. As he says, you may not get stopped coming back into the EU - we never have been neither do we know of anybody who has - but if you are they will require to see the certificate concerning the titra test, which is basically a check to see that the rabies jab has worked i.e. has produced the necessary anti-bodies. As said, better to have it and not need it.............. (vwalan posted while I was typing but I researched this last year before taking a group across which included a couple of dogs as well as our own).

You're correct in that the tapeworm treatment is only for re-entry into UK (or a couple of Scandinavian countries, although they don't appear to be hot about it).

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
If you have a dog and are going to Morocco it's plain stupid not to have a titre certificate, it could well save your dogs life, there are many examples of rabies jabs "not taking" this would leave your dog unprotected against rabies. The whole point of the titre is to ensure your beloved pooch has developed the necessary antibodies and therefore is protected against rabies!

Evadne

Free Member
Sep 10, 2015
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Four years
Hi!
Bit late joining this thread, but would love to join the caravan to Morocco.

We haven't had the courage to venture to North Africa in the 'trome. We are flexible with dates and time so, if we can come along, will be great.

Many thanks.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
(Although we are still undecided, this update does not influence us either way).

But you have to be thinking these days, with more and more talk of isis support in Morocco, look what happened in Manchester where Muslims are pretty thin on the ground and think of Morocco where there is a whole lot of them.

It's very sad to say this after enjoying Morocco and it's lovely people three times in the past.

On the bright side, there are so many tourist targets you'd be very unlucky to be one of the unlucky ones.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
look what happened in Manchester where Muslims are pretty thin on the ground and think of Morocco where there is a whole lot of them.
Is there a relationship with Isis attack locations and the number of Muslims living there ?

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Is there a relationship with Isis attack locations and the number of Muslims living there ?

I've no idea, it's just the times Morocco has been mentioned on the news in association with terror attacks lately that is worrying. And before, I've read about Moroccans being trained by isis.

Logically, on the basis they might not like killing too many Muslims, avoiding big clumps of foreign tourists might be a safer option. Tafroute with all the vans widely spaced must be less attractive to some of the beach sites where they a packed in.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Hi!
Bit late joining this thread, but would love to join the caravan to Morocco.

We haven't had the courage to venture to North Africa in the 'trome. We are flexible with dates and time so, if we can come along, will be great.

Many thanks.
No Prob's Just keep an eye on this thread and you will see when people are meeting up and crossing.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
Understood! Guess we had better avoid the UK, France & Spain as well, on that basis.
best not come to cornwall.
bodmin was the most dangerous place in the uk for getting murdered . awhile back.
population to murders bodmin had 1 a year so it made it the most dangerous place .
trouble with so many figures they might be true but worthless really.

Dec 21, 2016
Pyrenees France
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact Access
Exp
Since 2017
We are thinking of Morocco in 2018. Have been a few times on motorcycle trips, but would be the first time in Motorhome. If you can add us to the list for any information.
Interested to see the cost of an open return is around 200€ for a Van.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
We are thinking of Morocco in 2018. Have been a few times on motorcycle trips, but would be the first time in Motorhome. If you can add us to the list for any information.
Interested to see the cost of an open return is around 200€ for a Van.
There is no list of information as such. ( Although @TerryL has put some very good information in the resources section which will help you understand entry and exit procedures, etc,). As has been recommended to others, your best source of information is to read previous threads. (Morocco 2016 is very thorough with loads of pic's). Continue to monitor this thread to find out who's going when, where peeps are meeting up and crossing dates, latest prices being offered by Carlos and other relevant information. I will endeavour to put on any security issues etc, etc,. I come across. However, I would advise all members to make their own checks, as I accept no responsibility for the accuracy of this information.
Safe Travels.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
I've no idea, it's just the times Morocco has been mentioned on the news in association with terror attacks lately that is worrying. And before, I've read about Moroccans being trained by isis.

Logically, on the basis they might not like killing too many Muslims, avoiding big clumps of foreign tourists might be a safer option. Tafroute with all the vans widely spaced must be less attractive to some of the beach sites where they a packed in.
A few brits fighting for ISIS lately,,BUSBY,,

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back