Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Thanks for the welcome!
I'm heading off to Erg Chebbi today, so any tips/pointer from Morocco veterans would be most welcome.
We've stopped at Auberge Les Roche's a couple of times, easy walk into village and you can barter with the owners for the camel rides that go overnight into the desert. Good spot and good showers.
Erg Chebbie not like that sandcastle Phil @PhilandMena went up lol
IMG_2009.jpg

Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
She been there last few years, I agree good on her, have tried her pizzas,although she can be a tad pushy,

Out of curiosity, are you heading back? Midelt is quite a way from Tafroute which way you heading.
No I was just looking at the weather in midelt. This year we've not really done the miles. Symbo is flying home on Saturday from agadir, and returning a week later into Marrakesh with our 7 year old granddaughter. This will be her 3rd trip to Morocco with us, she just loves it 'especially seeing the chickens having their heads cut off'!! So I have a week by myself over here.
I think I'll split the week between the 2 places.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
We've stopped at Auberge Les Roche's a couple of times, easy walk into village and you can barter with the owners for the camel rides that go overnight into the desert. Good spot and good showers.
Erg Chebbie not like that sandcastle Phil @PhilandMena went up lol
View attachment 209835
So right Dave took me two attempts but made it in the end. Had to take my crocks off as sand was to soft underfoot.
IMG_6937.JPG
IMG_6937.JPG
IMG_7025.JPG
IMG_6937.JPG

Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
And after you have got through the customs, about 400m along the road are some buildings on the left, which also include a cash point.
Thanks horshamjack got the Terry L info and have done a check list. Our first time but sure it will be OK!!!
d

Eeyan

Free Member
Jan 28, 2018
Funster No
Your going to love Erg Chebbi, beware it gets very cold at night especially at this time of the year. Plenty of places to stay, we stopped at one of the hotels along the edge of the sand dunes, most of them accommodate motorhomes.
Thanks for the advice, and the awesome pictures. I was hoping to rely on my van's heating ... do you not think it will be sufficient?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Still struggling with posting pictures I notice though Phil - 2 of every one. :rofl:

Or 3 in some cases. LOL

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Wait till your pics have loaded before you press 'post reply' or better still use the edit facility to remove duplicates.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Stop encouraging him Ken, nobody else will get a look in.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Stop encouraging him Ken, nobody else will get a look in.
Nobody else is posting pictures Terry, this is shameful. I've now booked a flight to Karimesh just so we can get some Funster 2018 Morocco pictures. I'm also bringing a wire brush and detol in case I come across any Funsters out there. Shameful, absolutely shameful.

Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
Third day in, now at the new campsite @Sidi Kouki Camping Soleil 31.349208, -9.794657 good services showers etc, we spent last night at the guardian parking Oulidia gone up to 30dh but he does have toilet emptying and you can get 20L of water he has in large drums,
And the first day due to a delayed crossing “just managed to beat the ensuing storm” we stayed at Khenitra, it is what it is “Trump be the one to describe this place”
Will try and post pics to keep the boys happy

Mar 25, 2013
Maidstone Kent
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit 160
Exp
Since 2013
Will post some pics when we get there(y) We are currently heading through Spain but have a few stops on the way on the ‘tea bag run’ for a couple of full timers. What is it about us Brits and our tea:rofl:

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Got me there Ken, me old fruit pastel. Someone needs to be posting pictures though ! and on that point here's 6,000 more !

Thats why you have 6000 Phil - you post them all umpteen times. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Sep 2, 2012
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Third day in, now at the new campsite @Sidi Kouki Camping Soleil 31.349208, -9.794657 good services showers etc, we spent last night at the guardian parking Oulidia gone up to 30dh but he does have toilet emptying and you can get 20L of water he has in large drums,
And the first day due to a delayed crossing “just managed to beat the ensuing storm” we stayed at Khenitra, it is what it is “Trump be the one to describe this place”
Will try and post pics to keep the boys happy
Are the 2 Alsations that savaged me last year still roaming round untethered at KIntra?

Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
Are the 2 Alsations that savaged me last year still roaming round untethered at KIntra?

Yes they are still wandering unleashed @Khenitra, we had to very careful with our small Jack Russell.

He would have ate them :)

Sep 2, 2012
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Yes they are still wandering unleashed @Khenitra, we had to very careful with our small Jack Russell.

He would have ate them :)
Please go back, let Jack loose and when he has demolished them both let me know. 11 months on I still have difficulty walking and currently am having to use a walking stick.

Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
Please go back, let Jack loose and when he has demolished them both let me know. 11 months on I still have difficulty walking and currently am having to use a walking stick.

Did they set upon you, what did you do to piss em off? I don’t remember this last year Cakey?
Hope it hasn’t put you off, Khenitra is a shithole tbh, stopped there on our first trip 4yrs ago only stopped this year as it was getting dark and Mohamedia is prob a bigger shithole

Sep 2, 2012
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Did they set upon you, what did you do to piss em off? I don’t remember this last year Cakey?
Hope it hasn’t put you off, Khenitra is a shithole tbh, stopped there on our first trip 4yrs ago only stopped this year as it was getting dark and Mohamedia is prob a bigger shithole
Yes they both went for me. I was going to the office to pay before we left.It was about 8.00 am and I was about half way across the courtyard when I saw them coming for me. I stood still, shorts and flip flops what else could I do. Luckily they only went for my legs. Unfortunately the Quadraceps tendon on my right leg was severed. Big op when we got back home. We had to stay on for another 8 days to have the rabies injections. Although the site is a s/h the owners we felt did all d they could to help. They paid for all the medical treatment and provided us with a car and driver. No it hasn’t put us of Morocco and we hope to be back next year

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back