Morocco 2018 (1 Viewer)

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
That was some fire Phil, another great night with the funsters, good music too courtesy of Makhems
When are you guys returning, did miss your dry sarky humour last year :)
Yes Marc, great company, great location and we enjoyed your company (and Sam) very much! How is that mad dog doing these days, still eating motorbikes ? Not sure when we will return, we are just about to head off and so Spain and Portugal and looking hard at doing Greece early 2019 which would put a damper on Moroc. If we do no do Greece I think we will return to Moroc again. A magical place. Take care you guy's.
IMG_0008.JPG
IMG_0250.JPG
IMG_0251.JPG
IMG_0256.JPG
IMG_0305.JPG
IMG_0307.JPG
IMG_0315.JPG
IMG_0322.JPG

Dazzlin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 31, 2012
La Marina, Costa Blanca.
Funster No
MH
1986 Hymer A Class
Exp
From 2013
Here's one of @horshamjack just before he burst into flames at one of our barbies. He eat well though, but tasted more like mutton than lamb!
View attachment 206834
Thats us! We are famous/infamous!!! - well we knew that!!!
Looking forward to Tafraoute this year!!!

Keep posting the pics Phil & give my love (twice) to Mena. X

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Thats us! We are famous/infamous!!! - well we knew that!!!
Looking forward to Tafraoute this year!!!

Keep posting the pics Phil & give my love (twice) to Mena. X
Hope you have a fab time Darren, Love passed onto Mena and same from us to you both. Will drop the odd picture in here and there and look forward to seeing pictures from Funsters who are out there this year. Have a great time.
IMG_0039.JPG
IMG_0077.JPG
IMG_0085.JPG
IMG_1512.JPG
IMG_1521.JPG
IMG_9995.JPG

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
We are off to Morocco soon. We have never been before but think we are pretty well prepared. We are in ADAC and know that they cover Morocco but have heard conflicting reports as to how that actually works. Have any of you ever used ADAC in Morocco and if so how was it for you!!!?

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Some advice for those of you in Moroc. On our last trip we, along with Mike Makems went as far south as Dakhla. Upon return to the UK I had my motorhome serviced and asked for the filters to be kept so I could see how bad they were. Well they were bad, both Air and Diesel filters were minging and according to service guy some of the worst he had ever seen. So, they both did the job they were supposed to do and the M/Home ran as well as it has ever ran, Faultless. Anyway, I would advise changing Air filter as soon as you cross over back into Spain and the next time we go I'll take a spare filter and try and plan the by-annual service to coincide with my departure from Maroc.

Portland

Free Member
Oct 31, 2013
Conwy
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
20 years
We are off to Morocco soon. We have never been before but think we are pretty well prepared. We are in ADAC and know that they cover Morocco but have heard conflicting reports as to how that actually works. Have any of you ever used ADAC in Morocco and if so how was it for you!!!?
I believe you pay for assistance and then reclaim form ADAC

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Some advice for those of you in Moroc. On our last trip we, along with Mike Makems went as far south as Dakhla. Upon return to the UK I had my motorhome serviced and asked for the filters to be kept so I could see how bad they were. Well they were bad, both Air and Diesel filters were minging and according to service guy some of the worst he had ever seen. So, they both did the job they were supposed to do and the M/Home ran as well as it has ever ran, Faultless. Anyway, I would advise changing Air filter as soon as you cross over back into Spain and the next time we go I'll take a spare filter and try and plan the by-annual service to coincide with my departure from Maroc.
I well remember those sand storms - Epic!
Especially that one when we were driving back North and they had to bring in JCBs to shift the rapidly growing sand dune which was blocking the Moroccan equivalent of the A1!
I will see if I can find the video.

JeffersonCampervan

Free Member
Mar 27, 2008
Toronto
Funster No
MH
semi-integral & Integral
Exp
Since 1990
When we were sitting in Merzouga at Xmas, getting weather reports from back home in Toronto, we commented how we'd rather have sand drifts than snow drifts! Of course we never encountered any environment on our brief trip this year that would give us pause re our filters.Well paved roads (even the un- numbered white ones we took) and no sandstorms!

OP
OP
Graham and Jane

Graham and Jane

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2014
Grangemouth
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Since 2007
Finally found some sun. After a few days in Ashila the group that crossed on 6/7 all split up with people all going off in all directions. We have had snow wind and constant rain up to now. Now at Tissirt and the sun is shining 24' today. Big changes from the -2 to +10 at the warmest for our 1st week. We are all looking forward to meeting up in Tafroute by the end of Feb. Life is good.

Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
Thanks, and I've just looked at your weather forecast and for the next few nights it says minus 2 !!!

OP
OP
Graham and Jane

Graham and Jane

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2014
Grangemouth
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Since 2007
Tell me about it. Lovely sunny and warm during day but very cold when sun goes down. We are staying here for a couple more days.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
gone the wrong way ,best down the coast this time of year dont go that area till march . the real desert side can be ok but inland up the mountains deep snow . been there done it .

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Agree with vwalan, it's better in January to head straight down the coast reasonably quickly as northern Morocco is little different from Spain until you get past the first lot of mountains. Then it warms up quickly!

You can then plan your return later in the year into much improving weather.

But it's all down to personal preference - whatever you do, enjoy it.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
Agree with vwalan, it's better in January to head straight down the coast reasonably quickly as northern Morocco is little different from Spain until you get past the first lot of mountains. Then it warms up quickly!

You can then plan your return later in the year into much improving weather.

But it's all down to personal preference - whatever you do, enjoy it.
its when you get to the magic mountain . not saying where it is . but you drive up on the northside and look at the view .and as you drive down you have to stop to remove various clothing as it gets warmer as you drive down.
feb isnt too bad just to have a nose inland but but end feb /march is head along that south /east side perhaps in to dades and tinerhir or better still,tata, foum-zquid then if you want adventure take the desert route to zagora . best not in a fwd camper . but there really is lots of adventures to be had.
dont miss erfoud etc fossil country. have a good drive around that area of tafilalt very friendly locals there .
then head up er-rachida ,midelt,azrou ,fes,might see deep snow around azrou and lots monkeys . have fun there is lots to see.

dave1948

Free Member
Sep 24, 2017
Swansea
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
I noticed from pictures of Morocco not many people seem to toe cars is this just personal preference. does it cause a problem in Morocco with the import export et. first time to Morocco. can anybody coming

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
A tow car is a seperate vehicle.
You will need all your documents for it including import doc. Ensure it leaves the country with you, even if its damaged. Else you will be charged import tax.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
One other factor re tow cars is generally speaking you have to get the tow car through Spain to get to Maroc. The Spanish Police are not too enamoured with A framed tow cars. Another factor to consider is the additional cost of the ferries due to having a longer rig.

Franck

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 10, 2014
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
13 years
gone the wrong way ,best down the coast this time of year dont go that area till march . the real desert side can be ok but inland up the mountains deep snow . been there done it .

I disagree. Been to Morocco many times and always the Fes, Midelt, Merzouga route. Seen snow a couple of times but there are snow gates on all the major roads so not much chance of getting stuck somewhere remote. As always best to check with the taxi drivers on the route to see what it's like on the next bit. The scenery is fantastic and a far better journey than the motorway down the coast in my opinion.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
I disagree. Been to Morocco many times and always the Fes, Midelt, Merzouga route. Seen snow a couple of times but there are snow gates on all the major roads so not much chance of getting stuck somewhere remote. As always best to check with the taxi drivers on the route to see what it's like on the next bit. The scenery is fantastic and a far better journey than the motorway down the coast in my opinion.
dont use the motorway . take the coastal tracks ,much more fun.
i was answering the op post about the cold etc , if going inland its very high so snow will be there. there was no m,way when we first started visiting maroc .
depends what time of year of course but this time of year snow is almost guaranteed in the mountains .
we do fes route on way north on the way back suits us .

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i,m sure many of you have been by this sign . its quite high up . it was taken in march 2009.
that morning we had been in the desert but it soon gets snowy. even some of the lakes were frozen over on the way up.
think many dont realized how high and snowy the mountains are in morocco. all great fun .

Attachments

• Morocco 2008-2009 3 297.jpg
    Morocco 2008-2009 3 297.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 51

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i,m sure many of you have been by this sign . its quite high up . it was taken in march 2009.
that morning we had been in the desert but it soon gets snowy. even some of the lakes were frozen over on the way up.
think many dont realized how high and snowy the mountains are in morocco. all great fun .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back