MOBY GOES TO TURKEY. A tam and pups adventure. (14 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Move on and distance yourself from the ungrateful gits.
The thing is if I move from here then the next stop is Elea beach .. but there are now turtle nests there so I can't let the dogs on the beach as they'd dig.

Pisses me off why I should move . I was the only one here today before this lot turned up . And I'm parked where I'm supposed to be and how the van that was here yesterday was parked. But now its like a campsite .

The description on park4night couldn't have been clearer.

I can understand why locals get pissed off at motorhomes when they do this.

Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
It's getting to the point now where I really can't stand German and French motorhomers, hands down they have to be the most selfish entitled assholes out there.

I parked up at this wee beach yesterday

This is the park4night description.

View attachment 901452

there was just me and the one German van with his table and chairs out . 2 others ( germans) turned up later and stayed anyway , they left early this morning.

Today the German moved , and was replaced by another German who parked on the concrete square , then 2 French with a big dethleffs and another huge morelo . And now the German who arrived earlier friend has turned up and squeezed between him and me but still on the square.

So now cars are turning up for the tavern and are struggling to get parked.

Unbelievable

So

Would you go and talk to the frenchies and Germans? Or just leave it.

I'll put the drone up after lunch
There is no point telling people, they know damn well they are in the wrong but their huge sense of entitlement makes it ok in their eyes, and yes the Germans are famous for it, talk to the locals in the coastal county of Zeeland in NL and ask them what they think of German tourists 🤷🏻‍♂️👀😱, be prepared to learn a lot of Dutch swear lingo 😆😆😆

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Perhaps talk to the Tavern - see if they are happy for you to stay [courtesy & all that] ?
I bought a frappe in there yesterday afternoon. I don't think they mind if one or two vans are there and not sat outside with chairs etc. Especially when there's benches and seats all around the beach.

I'm going to stick the drone up just now.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
The first German drove out just as I put the drone up.. the one to the right of me in this photo is on the concrete square.

I'd moved next to the square but not on it earlier when the German from yesterday moved.

The 2 big French vans are parked where they are meant to , but there are only meant to be 2 vans .
org_56a095e56492c535_1716719258000.jpg

The tavern is full now. Some party going on , fireworks and everything.
org_a9ed2e01e5392932_1716719124000.jpg

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Gotta be honest there looks like plenty space to me.
It doesn't matter , the location asks only 2 campers at a time as requested by the tavern owner. There's more and more cars turning up here . If I'd came here and it was this busy I'd have moved on .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
They're probably all cursing you for parking at an angle, you could fit at least 3 French vans in the space your's is taking up :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Yep but I'm parked how the German van was parked yesterday so I parked the same way .. if you park straight like the frenchies and cars park behind you can't get out. ...also it keeps the sun of the fridge side the whole day 😉

But as I said only meant to be 2 campers parked here.

After I posted my last reply a woman came out of the tavern and asked the German van to park up the track a bit to let cars park ...they left instead. She also went to tell the French ones that the police would come if because they had a table and chairs out eating lunch .. so they're not happy either lol but only 3 of us here now.

I was sat on my step drying the dogs and she said nowt to me so I assume I'm causing no problem 😁

I think the morelo owners must have stole it as you want to see the nick of them lol. .. rough lives they've had lol.

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2022
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Possl 2 win
Exp
40 years
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95

🤔

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
So we are now back in Elea beach once more. Unbelievably the big American school bus camper with the trailer and land rover discovery tow car is still here and 🤣🤣 it was here at the beginning of December when I was. In exactly the same parking spot. It hasn't moved.

So is the wee German in the blue and white sprinter.
20240527_144319.jpg

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Well after contacting malcolm with just 10 minutes to go asking if collection August would be OK I left it just too late for bidding and it went on ebay for just over £19k which was a great price for that van .. I put in just over £20k but left it too late and didn't make it In time.

Maybe it was fate ...who knows

But I was interested in that van last year but it was a week before mum died and not the right time to be doing it.

Ah well you win some you lose some as they say

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back