MOBY GOES TO TURKEY. A tam and pups adventure. (70 Viewers)

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Departure day , its strange to think I'll never return here. Sure I can drive down this street again someday but the family home I grew up in ,that my mother was born in ,lived in for 79 years and that I could always return to will be owned by someone else. Its the strangest feeling ever. The street has changed much in my lifetime but even more in the 82 years since my grandmother moved in to it in 1941. Still as they say when one chapter ends another begins. It's not the end of MY story ... where it will go next who knows....but its time to go find out.

St andrews street 1941
IMG-20231113-WA0000.jpg

And 2023

20231113_104821.jpg

We left around 11am after a quick visit to my sister, she got quite upset ,I think me leaving has made everything real for her , I think we've all been so caught up trying to sort out the house and mum's things that everything has appeared like we are outside looking in .... to be honest I still feel that way , I'm now on Gretna but I can't recall most of the journey I've done to get here other than the continous rain I'm aiming for around Preston today I think but will see how it goes, I'd like to be parked up before it gets dark so just about to head off again.. cab heater isn't the best in this van to be honest its bleeding cold and a horrible day . Let's hope it improves .

20231113_093921.jpg

Polar steps link

Instagram

@the_boondockin_bums

Last edited:

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
West Yorkshire occasionally
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
This is the first day of your new life Tam so grab it with both hands, give it a good shake and tell it your here to enjoy it.

Onwards and upwards and go and make lots of brand new memories

Good Luck and Happy Travels

Al 👍👍

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 20, 2020
Northern Ireland.
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC.
Exp
Since 2017
It must be a difficult day for you (even the dogs look sad).
Hopefully as you head towards the sunshine you will start to feel a bit better.
Your life may have changed significantly in a relatively short time, but you will always have the memories.
Have a safe trip - I look forward to hearing all about it.

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Safe travels Tam! 🤞

I recall it was a wrench when we sold my Mum and Dad's house after fifty years - the home I'd grown up in ever since I was born.

All the best. 👍

By the way, it's good to have a new thread with a great title to document and share your upcoming adventure. 😊

The Coops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2019
The Fylde
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact DL
Exp
Yes, thank you
Steady as you go its blowing a hooley in Lancs at the moment. Safe journey and can't wait for your trip reports
If you get as far as Preston the far end of the Marina (Docks) the car park next to the swing bridge is ok for an overnight no height barriers but can get the McDonalds youths till about 11pm

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2016
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
Frankia i740
Exp
since 2007
Bon voyage Tam. A new chapter in your life so sorry you are leaving your home for good. You have the love and warmth of your pups to keep you going. Take care. Stay safe :h:

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
We've parked up for the night in Scorton, just north of Preston. Nice little picnic spot that should be quiet enough and I'm sheltered a bit here from the storm that's hitting this region . Its bloody wild out there , saw quite a few crashes on the m6 a lorry on its side and a 3 car smash. And still folk driving like assholes ....particularly lorries right up each others arse. So I've had enough driving for today. Parked up ,kettle on , fire on and me slippers on lol. No desire to go outside whatsoever.

Screenshot_20231113_154828_park4night.jpg
Screenshot_20231113_154843_park4night.jpg
Screenshot_20231113_154940_park4night.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back