MOBY GOES TO TURKEY. A tam and pups adventure. (19 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
i think i would but maybe not:giggle:
I kept thinking do I don't I...I couldn't just bid without checking if August would have been OK but I just hesitated too long.

I offered 25k for that van last September... but then decided it wasn't the right time and stuck with the van I have.

Maybe it was meant to be ...who knows

My mum used to always say " what's for you won't go by you " but I never believed that lol ...I always replied by saying ...no you just weren't quick enough.

My phone froze when bidding lol ... I entered the wrong amount so maybe it was her telling me something or maybe I just wasn't quick enough.

I've told malcolm if somehow the sale doesn't go through to get in touch . I'd pay £20k for it

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I told you to buy that months ago. 😂
Yeah but I'm not in the country 😕.

I left 2 weeks after mum's funeral.

Not so easy for me to switch vans nowadays .

If and I mean IF I change vans again I want that to be it ...the last one , for a long time.

I'm mostly happy with this van , but I do feel at times it's trying to tell me something lol as the list of jobs to do gets longer week in week out.

I try to content myself but like everyone else with a motorhome it's no easy.

I mean folk with a lot newer vans change them too lol.

This was another one that caught my eye

Again it needs jobs done on it but that's the market I prefer . I don't like to buy someone else's masterpiece

Again mercedes vario based and an old but well built brand

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
I've said before how I bought my Moby ' 'blind' on a Buy it Now on ebay 6 years ago - wouldn't change it.....

You have a great van - as long as you don't adopt anymore dogs...

You said you didn't want a van as big as that anyway......and your permanent dog rescue centre awaits........

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I've said before how I bought my Moby ' 'blind' on a Buy it Now on ebay 6 years ago - wouldn't change it.....

You have a great van - as long as you don't adopt anymore dogs...

You said you didn't want a van as big as that anyway......and your permanent dog rescue centre awaits........
Surprisingly that rmb was only 800mm longer than moby .

I've still a lot of work to do on this van to make it a great van . And I planned to do that . I just have the niggle at the back of my mind that I might regret it.

This one is by far the worst condition van I've had , and the one I've had/having to do the most work too.

If I'd known how bad this one was when I bought it I wouldn't have. And if the situation at home with mum hadn't been how it was I'd have cut my losses on this one last year.

I like this van , but part of me does feel like I'm stuck with it at times I'm in to the realms now where I've spent as much as it is worth .. new territory for me as I always like knowing I can get my money back on a van.

Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
So we are now back in Elea beach once more. Unbelievably the big American school bus camper with the trailer and land rover discovery tow car is still here and 🤣🤣 it was here at the beginning of December when I was. In exactly the same parking spot. It hasn't moved.

So is the wee German in the blue and white sprinter. View attachment 901906
The MPG doesn’t matter if you travel like that😇😎

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
Well after contacting malcolm with just 10 minutes to go asking if collection August would be OK I left it just too late for bidding and it went on ebay for just over £19k which was a great price for that van .. I put in just over £20k but left it too late and didn't make it In time.

Maybe it was fate ...who knows

But I was interested in that van last year but it was a week before mum died and not the right time to be doing it.

Ah well you win some you lose some as they say
Knowing what goes on with e bay sometimes Malcolm might contact you soon if the tyre kicker doesn’t want it without another 5 k of the price

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Knowing what goes on with e bay sometimes Malcolm might contact you soon if the tyre kicker doesn’t want it without another 5 k of the price
I did message him and say if the sale falls through to get in touch.

When it was listed it had a reserve at 26k

If I'd known he'd accept the price it went for I'd have saved him the bother.

I hesitated last year at 25k as I'd want to change some things on it and replace some things . But at 20k I'd have bought it no probs .

But ebay can be funny if folk haven't viewed things so you never know .

If not I'll just carry on with this one as planned until something comes up in the future worth changing for.

Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
Yeah but I'm not in the country 😕.

I left 2 weeks after mum's funeral.

Not so easy for me to switch vans nowadays .

If and I mean IF I change vans again I want that to be it ...the last one , for a long time.

I'm mostly happy with this van , but I do feel at times it's trying to tell me something lol as the list of jobs to do gets longer week in week out.

I try to content myself but like everyone else with a motorhome it's no easy.

I mean folk with a lot newer vans change them too lol.

This was another one that caught my eye

Again it needs jobs done on it but that's the market I prefer . I don't like to buy someone else's masterpiece

Again mercedes vario based and an old but well built brand

I would buy that like a shot, if not a scam, it has an Allison auto gearbox, absolutely fab, retarder too👍

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I would buy that like a shot, if not a scam, it has an Allison auto gearbox, absolutely fab, retarder too👍
It's not a scam but the guy won't store it till August.

If I knew someone near Evesham then it would be a possibility.

Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.

I live in Cheltenham not that far from Evesham but no space to store it for you, however if you would buy it and find someone to store it for you but no one to drive it, I could help, I drive HGV for a living so that’s no problem, however with you being away, buying it unseen, getting insurance for someone else to drive it to a place to store, MOT , Roadtax seems like a big risk to me👍

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I live in Cheltenham not that far from Evesham but no space to store it for you, however if you would buy it and find someone to store it for you but no one to drive it, I could help, I drive HGV for a living so that’s no problem, however with you being away, buying it unseen, getting insurance for someone else to drive it to a place to store, MOT , Roadtax seems like a big risk to me👍
Yeah it was more getting someone to have a quick look at it for me first off. Again though it's last minute the auction ends tomorrow. Mechanically it seems sound as just passed mot . But I'd like interior checked over make sure there's no leaks or damp.

Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
Yeah it was more getting someone to have a quick look at it for me first off. Again though it's last minute the auction ends tomorrow. Mechanically it seems sound as just passed mot . But I'd like interior checked over make sure there's no leaks or damp.
As you found out with your current van sometimes the real trouble is well hidden, and can be very costly and time consuming to put right, saying that if it goes for anything it is currently on then it is a complete bargain hence my suspicion for scams.
On a van from that age you suspect mountains of work unless it was just completely overhauled, but then you would look at a very different price tag👍

Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
Not everyone likes really old vans👍

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
If it's such a great van, why was it still for sale, and why did he have to drop the asking price by £6k :unsure: ?
It was originally £32k last year ... I offered £25k which he wasn't overly keen on but would have taken £26

I think a lot of folk don't know what an rmb is and it's an old van which puts folk off.

But at £20K it would have been worth my while

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Not everyone likes really old vans👍
Yep a lot of people would rather buy newer poorer built ones. I've always preferred older better quality ones.

I could afford to buy a newer more expensive van ...I just don't want to.

I'd go older still if the right van came up. Ideally I'd love one over 40 years old so it was mot and tax exempt. And exempt from all the upcoming low emission zones too.

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007

It will need some of the glass double glazed windows replacing, you can clearly see in one photo it’s all blown, every window on that Clou will be glass double glazed. Plus it’s too long for you isn’t it?

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
As you found out with your current van sometimes the real trouble is well hidden, and can be very costly and time consuming to put right, saying that if it goes for anything it is currently on then it is a complete bargain hence my suspicion for scams.
On a van from that age you suspect mountains of work unless it was just completely overhauled, but then you would look at a very different price tag👍
Yeah it's the price of it just now that's tempting. The same was thought with the rmb .. I never thought it was going to be sold at that price . When it was listed last week it had a 26k reserve.

They are only worth what someone is willing to pay for it that is true. And the price it fetched is what others on ebay were willing to pay.

I was trying to enter a bid of £20,250 in the last few seconds of the auction .

Maybe I'd have won it maybe not as the winner may well have had a higher proxy bid. But I'd have happily paid that for it.

And hoped I'd get back a decent amount for this one.

Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
Yeah it's the price of it just now that's tempting. The same was thought with the rmb .. I never thought it was going to be sold at that price . When it was listed last week it had a 26k reserve.

They are only worth what someone is willing to pay for it that is true. And the price it fetched is what others on ebay were willing to pay.

I was trying to enter a bid of £20,250 in the last few seconds of the auction .

Maybe I'd have won it maybe not as the winner may well have had a higher proxy bid. But I'd have happily paid that for it.

And hoped I'd get back a decent amount for this one.
As said I would not at all be surprised if the deal does not get completed with the current buyer, people go for it, see it in real life,then try to re negotiate 😱

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
It will need some of the glass double glazed windows replacing, you can clearly see in one photo it’s all blown, every window on that Clou will be glass double glazed. Plus it’s too long for you isn’t it?
Yeah I think a few windows are delaminated.

Length wise I think it's only about 7 -7.5metre . Which isn't too bad .

It's tag axles I wouldn't have again . Length wise I'd cope with up to 8 metre If it was the right van.

I'm not on a mission to look for one though ... just those 2 are on vario bases , Lhd and were quality conversions. And also 7.5t

I've no interest in buying fiat based again at present , etc

I'll stick with what I have for now until something else tempts me to change.

There's an iveco 3.0 cathargo on ebay too that's a nice interior layout but the outside is feckin ugly which is why it's not sold at the £26k asking price.

If malcolms sale falls through then it will be fate and I'll buy it 😁

If not I'll carry on with moby and continue to fix the things I want sorted.

Once all that's done and he's painted I doubt I'd want to sell him anyway.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
If it was just a case of bargains etc then this would have been snapped up.

But I won't entertain a tag axle again however good a buy it is.

But this is £10k less than I sold mine for last year .

There are some very good buys out there just now on second hand vans .

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Yeah I think a few windows are delaminated.

Length wise I think it's only about 7 -7.5metre . Which isn't too bad .

It's tag axles I wouldn't have again . Length wise I'd cope with up to 8 metre If it was the right van.

I'm not on a mission to look for one though ... just those 2 are on vario bases , Lhd and were quality conversions. And also 7.5t

I've no interest in buying fiat based again at present , etc

I'll stick with what I have for now until something else tempts me to change.

There's an iveco 3.0 cathargo on ebay too that's a nice interior layout but the outside is feckin ugly which is why it's not sold at the £26k asking price.

If malcolms sale falls through then it will be fate and I'll buy it 😁

If not I'll carry on with moby and continue to fix the things I want sorted.

Once all that's done and he's painted I doubt I'd want to sell him anyway.
I viewed a few of those Clous 8.2 metres the ones I looked at so very long, quality construction though throughout, insulation amazing.

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
If it was just a case of bargains etc then this would have been snapped up.

But I won't entertain a tag axle again however good a buy it is.

But this is £10k less than I sold mine for last year .

There are some very good buys out there just now on second hand vans .
Nice vans but there’s terrible reports from that trade seller I wouldn’t touch owt from them.

Maybe the fact there’s plenty of good priced vans around is a good thing and things are getting back to normal, instead of the stupid prices of used vans the last few years.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back