MOBY GOES TO TURKEY. A tam and pups adventure. (11 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
All the Dutch left this morning after emptying their grey tanks on the carpark ...feckn eedjits.. if I'm parked on concrete or tarmac I close my valve and wait till I'm parked on sand or grass ...much more discrete.

And I now have 1 new neighbour ...with a big posh morelo .

It looks new , I mean they're nice but I wouldn't want to drive one where I like to go. Inside is a bit bland though...looks like a dentists surgery .

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
20240524_180159_copy_1491x1074.jpg
20240524_170708_copy_1125x844.jpg
20240524_101437_copy_1559x1030.jpg

2 iveco dailys, only €350k difference 🤣

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
I was just reading the first 10/12 pages of my first trip to Spain 🤣🤣. Jees how life was different then , no dogs , massive van ...

A lot of members no longer with us though for whatever reason .

You had only recently got Jade when I met you in France… do you think she’ll remember me when you visit…🦴

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
You gotta laugh at the Germans, parked up at another beach just now . One German motorhome there and in his window he has an 8x6 inch card with a picture of a tent and a caravan on it and text below stating " we are neither a tent or a caravan. We are parking not camping.

And then outside they have 2 chairs a table and 3 pots with plants in . 🤣🤣🤣

Somehow I don't think that's gonna work .

Sep 28, 2021
Worcester, UK
Funster No
MH
LMC premium I650G
Exp
35y tugging + 2 in Motorhome
Sep 21, 2016
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
Frankia i740
Exp
since 2007
I was just reading the first 10/12 pages of my first trip to Spain 🤣🤣. Jees how life was different then , no dogs , massive van ...

A lot of members no longer with us though for whatever reason .
yes, I read it too up until you adopted Jade and I loved it. I was so interested in your life before dogs, it was so much better afterwards in my opinion:giggle:(y)

Nov 19, 2017
Funster No
MH
Hobby Siesta
Exp
Since 1989
Your photos are ok, once again, Tam. I've been thinking about your spongy floor, and maybe it needs injecting, in the bad area, with the stuff that's made for caravan floors that are delaminating. Maybe you could investigate what the problem is and then come to a decision regarding the new floor covering you are considering. Perhaps it needs an area cutting up and sorted! Its not a big deal for me and you shouldn't worry about it. Keep up the good work and good luck

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Tam

Why Methoni not user friendly and had to move on?

Do you think it would be same in September?

Geoff
There's only 2 carparks , both have signs stating no parking of motorhomes after 20.00 hours. Can't park at pylos , gialova or voidokilia either . Winter is different same as Spain etc . But now the tourists are here the police become assholes.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Your photos are ok, once again, Tam. I've been thinking about your spongy floor, and maybe it needs injecting, in the bad area, with the stuff that's made for caravan floors that are delaminating. Maybe you could investigate what the problem is and then come to a decision regarding the new floor covering you are considering. Perhaps it needs an area cutting up and sorted! Its not a big deal for me and you shouldn't worry about it. Keep up the good work and good luck
The floor on this van is a crazy construction. It's basically a 40mm slab of polystyrene which has a thin 4mm sheet of ply top and bottom . The bottom has obviously got damp/soft over the years. The worst area being directly above the rear wheels which us the area between fridge and wardrobe , problem now is because its been spongy the top plywood has now cracked and split. The only thing keeping it together is the linoleum. Will have to try and put a bit heavier ply on the underside between the wheels and brace it somehow. And then I'll need to put something more substantial over the floor inside , maybe 6mm ply and new linoleum. . Or laminate flooring or something.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
The floor on this van is a crazy construction. It's basically a 40mm slab of polystyrene which has a thin 4mm sheet of ply top and bottom . The bottom has obviously got damp/soft over the years. The worst area being directly above the rear wheels which us the area between fridge and wardrobe , problem now is because its been spongy the top plywood has now cracked and split. The only thing keeping it together is the linoleum. Will have to try and put a bit heavier ply on the underside between the wheels and brace it somehow. And then I'll need to put something more substantial over the floor inside , maybe 6mm ply and new linoleum. . Or laminate flooring or something.
Actually having typed that I think the best way would be to cut 6mm ply to fit between the floor supports and put it over the entire middle section underneath. Then put 6mm ply over the floor inside and screw it down catching the ply underneath too which would sandwich the lot and should then be very strong. Then just put new floor vinyl down inside and bobs yer grannies aunty.

I feel like I'm practically rebuilding this van but overall once I've sorted the remaining issues it has it should be fine for a long time yet. If I changed it I'd have to lay out more money and there's never any guarantee that the next van wouldn't need work done either. Cheap vans always do ... but at the minute I don't want to buy a newer more expensive van as I've still no idea what I'm doing in the future . So this old boy will have to get sorted out 😁

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Ok. I take it these floor supports are underneath the vehicle. Has the insulation deteriorated too? I will think it over during the day.
Basically it has a galvanised frame underneath that bolts the body to the chassis . To replace the entire floor would be a mammoth task and as I only walk on the middle section I figured if I just put ply up the middle underneath , bond it with sikaflex and then screw down from above it should sort it out. The insulation is just a big slab of polystyrene... its just moving because the wood underneath it is knackered. Hard to describe you really need to see it

The next place I'm parked on concrete where I can get underneath it a bit ill take a few photos.. although you can't see much .

I repaired a small section of the floor under the seating box when I first got the van . Its just not a great design from new , and with the leaks it had in the past and it sitting around for years its just taken its toll. Nowt that can't be fixed though

Last edited:
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
It's getting to the point now where I really can't stand German and French motorhomers, hands down they have to be the most selfish entitled assholes out there.

I parked up at this wee beach yesterday

This is the park4night description.

Screenshot_20240526_125631_park4night.jpg

there was just me and the one German van with his table and chairs out . 2 others ( germans) turned up later and stayed anyway , they left early this morning.

Today the German moved , and was replaced by another German who parked on the concrete square , then 2 French with a big dethleffs and another huge morelo . And now the German who arrived earlier friend has turned up and squeezed between him and me but still on the square.

So now cars are turning up for the tavern and are struggling to get parked.

Unbelievable

So

Would you go and talk to the frenchies and Germans? Or just leave it.

I'll put the drone up after lunch

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back