MOBY GOES TO TURKEY. A tam and pups adventure. (18 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Now in a 1 horse town (nice walking) on an aire that includes electric for €7 ( Broquiès)
In our Aires book it says free, when we went a couple of days ago and saw 7€ we drove on 😊Don’t be tempted to use the D200 , turning left out of Aire, because you’ll be meet by this interesting tunnel
IMG_2273.jpg

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Jees it has been one of those days.

So I left messini this morning , handy parkup that was but was time to move . Drove back to kalamata as there were 3 big Chinese shops there and I wanted an adaptor to convert the USB plug from my external harddrive that I use with my media player to a micro USB that my tablet uses. I thought I could then transfer movies from my tablet to the hardrive and then watch them through the media player on the TV... I found an adaptor and it was only €1.40 but I then ended up buying 3 sleeveless t shirts at €8 each and another pair of flip flops at €7 that truth be told I never really needed. I also picked up some clothes pegs and a new brush and shovel that I did need as the sun has ruined my clothes pegs ( all brittle) and my shovel was a victim of the Turkish speedbumps....in the end the adaptor never bloody worked so that was €43 I didn't need to spend lol.

I then filled up with lpg €15.40 at €0.89 l ...not bad as that's the first fill since Turkey on the 27th April.

Then in to lidl for supplies. Where I bought 1 watermelon and got ripped off by lidl ... it was meant to be €1.35 a kilo as stated on the shelf...but she didn't know the price ,asked her colleague completely ignored what I tried to tell her and charged €2.79 per kilo .. so that melon cost me nearly €8 .. that's the third time in a few weeks I've been overcharged in lidl in Greece for various items because the checkout staff have not been aware of the offers in the shop. I wouldn't have bought it at the €2.79 per kilo .

ANYWAY ...leaving the stop and lo and behold there was a stall selling onions , potatoes and yep you guessed it watermelons .. big sign 2 for €5 .. not one to resist a bargain I jumps out man lifts 2 melons to my van I give the woman €10 expecting change and she hands me 2 more melons...I tried several times to.tell her no ...I only wanted 2 ..she just rambled on in Greek...forced them in my hands and then also handed me a great big rope of garlic .. I had to put the melons in the van as hands were full she's still rabbiting in Greek and now she's trying to ask for more money ...there was me thinking she was giving me the garlic as an extra for taking the 4 melons because she had no change but no she's trying it on and wants another €10 for the garlic lol.. she got handed the garlic back at which point the man is then trying to throw in a bag of onions and the garlic for another 10 euro .. at that point I just said no no no gave her the garlic back and escaped with the 4 bloody melons I didn't want. . God knows how long it will take me to eat all them . They're each about 4kg . Like basketballs .

So then I gets a message from uncle lenny as I had ordered some items from ebay to be delivered to his house and I'll collect when back in blighty . Most of the stuff has been OK...but the window film I ordered arrived damaged , 4 emails back and forth with seller and still not resolved . And I ordered some voile curtains in grey and she's sent ones that look white/beige.

I messaged her telling her and she's adamant they are silver grey .

I didn't order silver grey , I had originally asked her if she had silver/grey meaning either or ... she pointed me to another listing of hers where I clearly ordered grey
Screenshot_20240523_185533_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20240523_185651_eBay.jpg

I messaged her telling her I had ordered grey , gave her sizes and she sent out

IMG-20240523-WA0000.jpg

When I messaged her today she replied saying , I stitched them myself and they are definitely silver grey .

But they look feckin white to me and definitely not the grey I ordered

I think I'm too much of a soft touch , people just take the piss .

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Yes they could be classed as Silver Grey but not Grey.
Yeah but she's misunderstood.

I mean here's the conversation .
Screenshot_20240523_225420_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20240523_225446_eBay.jpg

I understand where she has made the mistake but when I messaged her to say I'd placed the order I clearly said Grey, and the order was for Grey... not silver.
There was no silver grey , I originally said grey/silver ... meaning did she have those colours available.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I get it, I really do. Some people just cannot do without the telly. I recently spent 4 nights in the van with no telly and no internet. It was a nightmare :X3:
I'm watching the telly myself ...its just the size of the dish I was laughing at ...it'd huge compared to the other ones ...and on such a small van .. its only 6 metre lol

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Anyway I'll wait and see what happens with the ebay sellers. Not a lot of money involved ...the curtains were £17.85 in total ..but I've had silver voile before and it did just look like dirty white ones. So when I saw grey I thought that would be better. Don't want to send them back it's too much hassle but would prefer the grey.

And the window film not expensive either .. he's just doing the usual Chinese seller approach and delaying sending another one as its creased.

Ebay good 90% of the time but sometimes it's a pita.

Especially if you're ordering stuff and not in the country yet lol.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back