MOBY GOES TO TURKEY. A tam and pups adventure. (17 Viewers)

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Dogs aren't quick enough to catch rodents - watched a rat run between the legs of our GSD - he never saw a thing.
Jade and milo were catching and killing them in my mums garden

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
It's no funny 😪😪 I don't know how long it's been in here or what size it is but it's made an unbelievable mess, bag of flour, 2 bags of couscous, bag of pasta , spices, almonds , sunflower seeds it's been in them all , its managed to carry a few dozen almonds from the cupboard they were stored in through pipe hole at the top of the cupboard in to the cupboard under the sink , it's been in the wardrobe nibbled through a few bags and chewed the robe I bought in Morocco last year. Its been in the seat base where my electrics are as there's droppings in there. The droppings are tiny like a normal mouse but the teeth marks through packets etc seem bigger. The almonds are reasonably big so how a small mouse carried them I don't know. The pics aren't very clear as the lighting is shite In here. I've been pulling the place apart the last 90 minutes trying to find a nest or see if it's still in here.
20240409_183222.jpg
20240409_183226.jpg
20240409_183232.jpg
20240409_183246.jpg
20240409_195420.jpg

I'll have to have another look tomorrow. Problem is I would really need to empty a load of stuff completely out the van in order to make sure it's not still here and just moving around as I empty a place.

Sep 21, 2016
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
Frankia i740
Exp
since 2007
So sorry for laughing Tam. I should know better. We used to have problems with mice all the time as we live in the country and it is soul destroying the damage they do. They just move on from one thing to another chewing everything in site and leaving droppings everywhere. I hope you find it soon. Next chance you get pick up a couple of humane mouse catchers in case it happens again. I keep two permanently on the landing. (I just hide them when I have snotty visitors)

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I once had a mouse on a boat smaller than Moby - good luck catching it:giggle:

Only evicted it by luck/accident
I'm not sure if it's still in here or not that's the problem. I'm guessing it got in through the floor under the wardrobe as there's a sort of vent thing for the gas fire under there.

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
The mouse got on our small boat in Paris, drove us mad, especially at night, could hear it, ate into everything, curry powder.
You will need a trap.
One morning I emptied the bag we kept our bread in over the side and Mr Mouse fell into the Seine....and swam away (y) :giggle:

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
& yet on the occasions I have been the amount of soldiers walking hand in hand in full uniform amazed me?
Think that's just a culture thing though , you see men holding hands both here in Turkey and Morocco quite a bit. They walk arm in arm aswell .

But like everywhere it's religion that causes these phobias. Because religion covered up and removed all traces of homosexuality in history folk think its something new. It isn't 😂. Some of the most famous people in history were bisexual and gay . Long before Christ was allegedly born.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
The mouse got on our small boat in Paris, drove us mad, especially at night, could hear it, ate into everything, curry powder.
You will need a trap.
One morning I emptied the bag we kept our bread in over the side and Mr Mouse fell into the Seine....and swam away (y) :giggle:
That's the crazy thing , I've never heard it and I'd have thought the dogs would have heard it or smelt it ...I mean ela is a scent hound for gods sake and milo is a ratter. They're all sacked

Sep 21, 2016
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
Frankia i740
Exp
since 2007
You will catch a mouse straight away with a trip trap type of thing. Just put a nice piece of chocolate in it and place it where you found the most droppings. Then take the mouse out for walk and let it go, but spin the trap before you release it 3 times so it gets dizzy and can't find it's way back to the van though:giggle:(y)

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
Chocolate or peanut butter and a mouse trap. Humane if you wish. They love rice couscous sugar toilet roll (they can shred it very quickly). Occupational occurrence where we stay. Cat sometimes brings them in and dogs only catch it half dead. Did have a lab killed one by sitting in it once 😳

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I just can't believe one would live in it while we are in it and moving etc , must be terrifying for a mouse getting shaken about and everything moving etc. I've heard of folk getting mice when the van is lying parked up for a while but this is crazy.

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Dogs are quite good at catching vermin if they are low to the ground…the dog that is. When I worked on a farm as a boy their miniature daschund caught 48 rats on a day we were mucking out.
But what you need to get is a cat. ;) ;););):ROFLMAO:

Suenliam

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 14, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion CV40
Exp
20+
After our last cat died we got mice in the kitchen. Now all food stored in tins or plastic boxes. Our last two cats wouldn’t know they were meant to kill vermin but I think just the smell of the cats “discouraged” the mice. Could you let the pups have a good sniff in the cupboards etc on a regular basis? Unfortunately a trap baited with peanut butter would also work. Keep using it as there is never just one mouse. Best of luck.
Sue

Apr 9, 2022
Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 1984
A glass bottle with a wideish neck works well as a rodent trap. You just need to drop in a tasty treat then prop the neck up on something that will keep the bottle at an angle but allow the animal to climb up to gain access.

CaptainPaul

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2017
Ireland
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu ⛱
Exp
Since 1980s
you’ve never seen Jack Russell’s working if you think they don’t kill rodents! I know someone who put 2 Jack Russells on a roof to “deter” seagulls he ended up with 3 sacks of dead seagulls 😳
Your not wrong there, my 2 wee boys love nothing better than killing mice, rats and other invaders! Lol
20230220_135631.jpg

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
It could of entered with the last lot of dog food :unsure: thats why you or the dogs have not noticed it until now. They do cause a lot of damage in a small time, good luck 👍🤞
Nah its been in here a week or two I reckon. Maybe not as long ago as cappadocia though so I reckon I've picked it up in georgia . Not sure if it's still in the camper or not . It's the fact it had carried a few dozen almonds from one cupboard in to the next that's really interesting. The only gap in that cupboard is where the sink drainer goes through right at the top .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back