MOBY GOES TO TURKEY. A tam and pups adventure. (72 Viewers)

CaptainPaul

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2017
Ireland
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu ⛱
Exp
Since 1980s
To be honest there's not much happening in Turkey at the minute. The black sea coast is uninspiring sadly. I looked a bit inland on Google and it wasn't much better. The park up spots are pretty crap too. We spent last night in the carpark of a closed restaurant by a small shipyard. Nothing really to even take photos of its just plain town after town. I've tried asking friends I know who've travelled Turkey a few times for places to go see but most haven't done the north as usually too cold and/or they've also found it a bit dull.

If anyone on here has places to recommend I'm all ears otherwise I'm just driving for a few hours each day in the right direction.

Also this cold has worn me down a bit , and I want rid of it ASAP so I've spent a lot of time just cuddled up with the mutts.

When I find stuff of interest I will post it honest
Maybe that's why we didn't spend too long in Northern Turkey on our last trip, although compared to the south I do remember it being very scenic with lush green forests etc and even in May and June it wasn't hot by any means, some of it even seemed quite Alpine looking with log cabins & meadows but we did come across occasional castles and cliffside monasteries etc but wouldn't have a clue how to find them again, we loved Istanbul with all its sights and rich history and stayed for over a week but I know cities aren't really your thing

Razamataz

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 18, 2018
Dunfermline, Fife, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia I7400plus
Exp
Since March 2018
How long will it take you to get to a warmer climate, sorry if you have discussed your route previously but I gave motorhome fun a break whilst travelling without the motorhome in Jan/feb/march and your feed had so many pages I just skipped to the current pages, heck I missed the acquisition of blu.
And
159 pages of awesome adventures 🚐🦮🐾🗻🏔🌊👍.
It’s great reading 📖 while sitting on the throne 🚽🤣

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
How long will it take you to get to a warmer climate, sorry if you have discussed your route previously but I gave motorhome fun a break whilst travelling without the motorhome in Jan/feb/march and your feed had so many pages I just skipped to the current pages, heck I missed the acquisition of blu.
It's warm enough just not very interesting... average temps around 18/20°

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Maybe that's why we didn't spend too long in Northern Turkey on our last trip, although compared to the south I do remember it being very scenic with lush green forests etc and even in May and June it wasn't hot by any means, some of it even seemed quite Alpine looking with log cabins & meadows but we did come across occasional castles and cliffside monasteries etc but wouldn't have a clue how to find them again, we loved Istanbul with all its sights and rich history and stayed for over a week but I know cities aren't really your thing
Its greener that's for sure ... but dirty as in lots of rubbish everywhere..

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
The current plan is to leave Turkey in to Bulgaria around the 25th April. I only did black sea coast of Bulgaria last time so this time I thought I'd head towards Sofia etc ... then in to Romania and transylvania region again as it was pretty cold last time. Then Hungary, bit of Poland...see how time goes

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
The current plan is to leave Turkey in to Bulgaria around the 25th April. I only did black sea coast of Bulgaria last time so this time I thought I'd head towards Sofia etc ... then in to Romania and transylvania region again as it was pretty cold last time. Then Hungary, bit of Poland...see how time goes
Nice, trying to use your time in country's other than 90 in 180.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
A few pics from last nights stop ..
20240408_150041.jpg
20240409_102025.jpg
20240409_102109.jpg

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Yeah I mean by the time I leave Turkey I'll have my full 90 day allowance back anyway and I'm coming back to UK 28th July so don't really have to worry about it

Tam

You said previously you plan to cross to Bulgaria about 25th April and now saying cross to UK 28th July.

With Bulgaria and Romania now in Schengen I think you need to re-calculate as I reckon you would be several days over 90 days by 28th July.

I know I have posted that Bulgaria will not be operating Schengen checks at road crossings yet, but I assume they will still date stamp your passport, so the French will see the date you entered, e.g. 25th April and will calculate 90 days from then.

Just trying to help you to avoid slipping up.

Geoff

CaptainPaul

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2017
Ireland
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu ⛱
Exp
Since 1980s
Unfortunately Tam looks like Geoff nicholsong is correct and although it's a bit of a bummer for your plans it's better to be forwarned mate
**I don't quite understand the bit where it says your passport won't be stamped as its a complete contradiction of the first paragraph where it says Bulgaria now counts towards your 90 days 🤷‍♂️
Screenshot_20240409-130456_Chrome.jpg

CaptainPaul

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2017
Ireland
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu ⛱
Exp
Since 1980s
**I don't quite understand the bit where it says your passport won't be stamped as its a complete contradiction of the first paragraph where it says Bulgaria now counts towards your 90 days 🤷‍♂️
Unless it's referring to EU citizens like the rest of Schengen but its a bit confusing that bit....

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Unless it's referring to EU citizens like the rest of Schengen but its a bit confusing that bit....
I think that's going between other eu countries but as I'm coming from Turkey mine will be stamped. But going between Bulgaria and Romania it now shouldn't be .

Its a pita , I knew it was going to cause issues when I read about it the other week . I entered Turkey 28th January so technically I don't have to leave till 28th but I'd planned to leave a few days early just in case I have any problems at the border.

Bulgaria never required the titre test for entry before I'm just hoping that now because it's in shengen that they start checking or I'll be screwed

CaptainPaul

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2017
Ireland
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu ⛱
Exp
Since 1980s
I think that's going between other eu countries but as I'm coming from Turkey mine will be stamped. But going between Bulgaria and Romania it now shouldn't be .

Its a pita , I knew it was going to cause issues when I read about it the other week . I entered Turkey 28th January so technically I don't have to leave till 28th but I'd planned to leave a few days early just in case I have any problems at the border.

Bulgaria never required the titre test for entry before I'm just hoping that now because it's in shengen that they start checking or I'll be screwed
Hopefully it's all too fresh for them to take on board and you'll sail through, 🙏

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011

Come on Tam...Bulgarian border guard has to deal with a giant tattood Scotsman with 4 adorable dogs....no bother :giggle:
But seriously you might want to change your ferry back to England..

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
On the 90 day rule it will depend mostly on the French border crossing to uk and how they handle the inclusion of Bulgaria.

The possibility of the need for a titre test for Blu don’t bare thinking about.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
It's cool I'll just leave Turkey on the 27th instead of the 25th .

My ferry sails at 00.30 on the 28th July so my passport will be stamped on the 27th July.

If they're that fussy for 1 day then feck them. I had enough bother booking my ferry in the first place I'm not changing it now .
Pissed off with this 90 day nonsense it really grinds my gears.

And did any of the brexshit nonsense make any difference on immigration? No it just made it worse , lost the usefull immigrants gained the ones that's costing the country millions.

And all the while it's feckin up my travels

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
It's cool I'll just leave Turkey on the 27th instead of the 25th .

My ferry sails at 00.30 on the 28th July so my passport will be stamped on the 27th July.

If they're that fussy for 1 day then feck them. I had enough bother booking my ferry in the first place I'm not changing it now .
Pissed off with this 90 day nonsense it really grinds my gears.

And did any of the brexshit nonsense make any difference on immigration? No it just made it worse , lost the usefull immigrants gained the ones that's costing the country millions.

And all the while it's feckin up my travels
I don't really see how a couple of days makes any difference , why cut your time to the very edge, just come back a week earlier.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I don't really see how a couple of days makes any difference , why cut your time to the very edge, just come back a week earlier.
Well Charlie when I booked it I wasn't cutting it close I had a month to spare as Bulgaria and Romania hadn't joined shengen . And now to amend my booking to a week earlier would cost me £52 on top of the 180 I've already paid and I ain't giving them the money.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
I dinnae feckin believe this ... 4 feckin dogs and I have either a mouse or one of those feckin hamsters from cappadocia living in the van
Sorry to laugh Tam! They probably think it’s an addition to the family 🤭

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back