LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Has anyone bothered to coat the PCB with tropicalising varnish?
I think there was a thread on here & there is a Youtube video about the PCB failing due to moisture & corrosion.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
How do you know all this stuff Lenny? 🤯

I think you and DBK would be my pub quiz dream team.
My brain retains useless facts related to Motorhomes, useless at remembering anything else. :LOL:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

RM_Marine

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2021
Poole, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
Since 2021
Lennoxtown

I know the newer PCBs fitted to the fan units on the autotrials have now been coats with tropicalising varnish compared to the older units

Due to ingress of moisture and water

Jul 7, 2021
Alcester, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Symbol
Exp
Since 2009
I wish I could have fitted one of these. I had to fit a Fiamma fan which is way inferior because of lack of clearance from my solar panel

RM_Marine

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2021
Poole, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
Since 2021
Well I've brought one and still don't even know if it will fit as its in the box and I haven't had time to measure and even try and get the old one off the van

But I am going to fit the old fiamma or what whatever make it is to the shower room to act as a exterior fan

OP
OP
DelViv
Jul 8, 2021
Derby, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 582
Exp
Getting more knowledge day by day
A note to all on this thread who do not know. There is a batch fault on recent MaxxAir vents that can allow your TV remote to turn it on/off. It is a board fault and they are sending out replacement boards FOC. Link to the thread below. Simple fix apparently. Just so you know

TV remote switching MaxxAir on/off

(y) (y) (y) (y)

Jan 22, 2013
London SE
Funster No
MH
A class Adria vision I707
Exp
since 1971
Has anyone bothered to coat the PCB with tropicalising varnish?
I think there was a thread on here & there is a Youtube video about the PCB failing due to moisture & corrosion.
Yes but only the replacement PCB that wasn’t on the same frequency as my TV:LOL:

Pablotti

Free Member
Feb 25, 2021
Devon 🇬🇧
Funster No
MH
2020 AS Fairford
I had a look at the instructions and note that the internal collar needs trimmed down to suit what ever thickness the roof is. Is that correct?

I still don't know if I have wiring up there. Anyone with a 2002 Hymer (B524) found any wiring at the back skylight above the bed?
Only if your roof is q
A note to all on this thread who do not know. There is a batch fault on recent MaxxAir vents that can allow your TV remote to turn it on/off. It is a board fault and they are sending out replacement boards FOC. Link to the thread below. Simple fix apparently. Just so you know

TV remote switching MaxxAir on/off

(y) (y) (y) (y)
Yea, that was me. They send you a new board for free, and it's a fairly simple fix :)

kelv

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2014
leicester
Funster No
MH
Carthago 145
Exp
Yep, our C-Tourer was pre wired and I had a Maxxair fitted. I dug the wiring out pre fitting as it wasn't quite where it needed to be, easy enough job. Very neat and works a treat.

Yep it is at the rear of the vent so can be used when raining.
Was the wire at the skylight live or do you need to connect

Backitupjack

Free Member
Aug 29, 2022
Funster No
MH
Citroen
Slightly off topic but saw a guy post that his Maxxairfan is sucking Midges inside when running just wondered if anyone had any similar issues and what they do to prevent it, is there any midge net screens available to fit the fans ?

Pablotti

Free Member
Feb 25, 2021
Devon 🇬🇧
Funster No
MH
2020 AS Fairford
Slightly off topic but saw a guy post that his Maxxairfan is sucking Midges inside when running just wondered if anyone had any similar issues and what they do to prevent it, is there any midge net screens available to fit the fans ?
Draw the air out instead of pulling it in. Sorted.

I’ve found this better for cooling the van too.

RM_Marine

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2021
Poole, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
Since 2021
I fitted mine last week and in three hours. I have to say it's such a great improvement and I should of done it ages ago

Jan 11, 2018
Malvern Link, Malvern, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome 85
Exp
Since 2018
Fitted mine a few days ago , quite straightforward.
You can if you want just have the lid open with no fan running and also you can close the lid with the fan running.
I fitted the tinted version plus the shade. The shade isn't very impressive, no intermediate position, it's not a complete blackout and it's a bit flimsy.

RM_Marine

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2021
Poole, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
Since 2021
I also fitted the shade which does need a second had to do unlike the main fan unit.

I have to say it's a absolute bag of S*&T compared to the fiamma one I took down that was factory fitted but if I haven't of wanted a light I wouldn't of bothered

As someone else stated no intermediate point for the blind and as what was in the reviews for the blind that it's a bit crap and flimsy

kelv

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2014
leicester
Funster No
MH
Carthago 145
Exp
Yep, our C-Tourer was pre wired and I had a Maxxair fitted. I dug the wiring out pre fitting as it wasn't quite where it needed to be, easy enough job. Very neat and works a treat.

Yep it is at the rear of the vent so can be used when raining.
Do you have any idea where the fuse is located for the pre wired fan

kelv

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2014
leicester
Funster No
MH
Carthago 145
Exp
From memory in the garage fuse box, I think it was in the grey small one. My manual listed the location and for a change it was correct.
Thanks I have managed to blow the fuse and can not locate a blown one in the fuse box

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Thanks I have managed to blow the fuse and can not locate a blown one in the fuse box
If it's got the same fuse boxes as our Carthago this might help, ceiling fan is the red one centre bottom:

fuses 2.png

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Thanks Mel found the right fuse not blown still have no power at fan I am at a complete loss.
looks like I will have to run a wire from the battery
Have you actually replaced the fuse with one that you know works? We've had a fuse before that looked okay but had a very, very hard to see break in it only visible with a magnifying glass, replacing it sorted the problem.

kelv

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2014
leicester
Funster No
MH
Carthago 145
Exp
Have you actually replaced the fuse with one that you know works? We've had a fuse before that looked okay but had a very, very hard to see break in it only visible with a magnifying glass, replacing it sorted the problem.
Had an electrical tester on it but I have a spare fuse I will try a bit of a puzzle not sure what the small white fuse box is for no fuses in it
84EF0485-124F-4CA9-B7CD-BAC91F8A02C2.jpeg

Sep 10, 2017
North Brum
Funster No
MH
A Class
Carthago have a habit of miss labelling fuses so I would check every single one in the box and as Mel said they can look Ok but not work under load.
Unlikely you will need to run a wire from the battery, take the control panel out above the cab door and you are likely to find switched and constant feeds on block connections, easy enough to then run a feed to the fan. But I would check all the fuses first, good luck.

seanwinder22

Free Member
Jul 1, 2022
Doncaster, UK
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato bessacar
Exp
Sorry to jump on a old thread
But I have just purchased the max fan deluxe and taking out the mini heki

I have the heki blind/fly net trim
Could I keep this does anyone know? Or do you have to purchase the maxfan shade trim and blind/led

Thanks

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
You have to purchase the Maxfan one. Bear in mind you can’t use the fan with the blind closed so we didn’t bother.

RM_Marine

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2021
Poole, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
Since 2021
seanwinder22
I took out the motorised heki one like and dropped this one in to replace it (which is great) but did Iook into using the old surround but it won't fit as the old surround is made so much better than Maxfan cover with led light

So ended up buying and fitting the led light cover which is a bit crap compared to the fan which is great and to be warned it doesn't block light like the heki one

seanwinder22

Free Member
Jul 1, 2022
Doncaster, UK
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato bessacar
Exp
You have to purchase the Maxfan one. Bear in mind you can’t use the fan with the blind closed so we didn’t bother.
Ok thanks
I will have to go that route then
The skylight is above the bed lol I can’t deal with the light

Can no no the max fan go in with the heki trim and blind modified at all ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back