Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
Steve
Have you considered talking direct to Zenec? Alternatively order a replacement from direct from Hymer spares and present the dozy dealer with the bill.

http://support.zenec.com/?lang=en_US

Yes already tried that route Ken they told us no UK dealers and to go to our Hymer supplier.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Found the info, this is a page in the 2018 brochure.

Hymer Spares info.jpg

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
If our dealer hasn't got a bit in stock he justs takes it of one of the vans in the showroom as he knows he can replace it easily as Hymer carry good stocks of spares. Why can't Lowdhams do that. :cool:

Sep 28, 2015
Kingston upon Hull, East Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
2001 Caravans 2011 Motorhomes
The sooner we have nothing further to do with Lowdhams the better. They are very interested in anything they can do and claim off someone else under warranty. They have replaced our lower rear locker door assembly twice but made no attempt to find out why it had high moisture readings. We have just got it back from them yesterday, had it since 28th September. All they have done is reseal the bike rack mounts and replace the locker door that they say they ordered in July.
They also told me Hymer would not accept responsibility for the leak around the rack mounts even though they are factory fitted and a bike rack has never been fitted.
They said they claimed for that work through MB&G, who provide the cover for their warranty. Interesting, as the warranty wasn’t in place when it was leaking.
The six year Hymer warranty sounds good but has caused us no end of travelling. The leak could have been sorted by my local place in a couple of hours.
To cap it all, the alarm is indicating a fault now, I suspect they have assembled to locker door sensor wrong.

Last edited:

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Awaiting response with bated breath!
:active:

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7150 EB
Exp
Since 2016
Well I am just shocked that Hymer seem to be as bad as the rest of the manufacturers my understanding was they were "bomb proof" so I can only assume this is a troll post and you are completely mad

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
I can honestly say i feel for you given the issues i have had with Rapido, sending emails to their head office has made no difference to myself as they just ignore it. We are in a catch 22 as they say go through the dealer but the dealers are just ....... well i cant actually put the words on an open forum but you get the point. I hope they sort the issues out and promptly, there is no excuse for something taking so long to repair given how quickly parts can be sent in this day and age. The buck stops with the dealer as that is who your contract is with, i have no interest in how they get the parts or their internal processes or what they need approving, all i care about is when is the vehicle going to be fixed and ready for collection.

Good luck.....

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Workshop manager isn’t Craig revel whorewood by any chance ? You’ll only get 6 out of 10 fixed :xrofl:

Last edited:

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
I know parts are often bespoke and you are at the mercy of the manufacturer keeping some for the future, but I really don't understand the Euro motorhome scene. A few months back, like an idiot, I brought in the lounge slide on our American unit without checking first for obstructions. The result was about 8 inches torn off the end of a 6ft length of particularly shaped wooden trim. I telephoned Winnebago Parts in the States and a 3m length arrived about 10days later. The ATM went pop on the Alison transmission and a replacement arrived about a week later and that had to be programmed before despatch. Am I just lucky, or have my lot got their act together, or are the Euro manufacturers just bloody useless at it. ? :xdoh:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
I know parts are often bespoke and you are at the mercy of the manufacturer keeping some for the future, but I really don't understand the Euro motorhome scene. A few months back, like an idiot, I brought in the lounge slide on our American unit without checking first for obstructions. The result was about 8 inches torn off the end of a 6ft length of particularly shaped wooden trim. I telephoned Winnebago Parts in the States and a 3m length arrived about 10days later. The ATM went pop on the Alison transmission and a replacement arrived about a week later and that had to be programmed before despatch. Am I just lucky, or have my lot got their act together, or are the Euro manufacturers just bloody useless at it. ? :xdoh:

I had the same good service from the US with my RVs. With spares and accessories always readily available.

Sep 28, 2015
Kingston upon Hull, East Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
2001 Caravans 2011 Motorhomes
When our locker door was found to have high moisture readings, again, in July Lowdhams said they would raise it with Hymer and get a new one. That took until the second week of November, nearly four months.

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
I had the same good service from the US with my RVs. With spares and accessories always readily available.

Any yet you changed to a Euro. Silly old fool, almost as bad as you know who. :xdoh: :xblink: xroll: :xshout: :xsurprised: :xrofl: :xrofl: :xrofl:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
If this thread was about a swift van it would be 100 pages long and everyone saying how bad British vans are. Hope you get it sorted Steve well in fact I know you will but probably by your own hand. it's the only way to do things with motorohome dealers. I got fed up of going to mine for warranty work to be carried out, I just done it meself

OP
OP
Steve and Denise

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
Ok latest update on update collected our van today and.......................all fixed and working just drove it back from Lowdhams all working.:)
It is just such a shame I had to go down the route of emails to their directors (no reply) and finally to Hymer, I must say Hymer were straight on the case with satisfying results.
How simple was that.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Finally got there in the end!

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
Got to say they have a terrible reputation Lowdhams, hear shocking reports about the company, wouldn't have nothing to do with them, time and time again you hear people going mad about them.

Certainly my experience with them. Will never go back.

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
I'm still waiting for a part order from Bailey on 2nd October (habitation door locking solenoid). Was told by Bailey before Christmas, when chasing, that the part should be in between Christmas and New Year. Still waiting. Silence. We are going to manage without them. Pi** poor service. Dealer never took it upon himself to chase up Bailey either.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back