Looking for experience of specific AGM Batteries (2 Viewers)

OP
OP
SeanF1
Dec 3, 2021
Surrey, UK
Funster No
MH
6m Campervan
Your batteries may be fine but unwise to take a recommendation from gadget john. He is entertaining but unsound on anything electrical and I think he would recommend a bucket of dung if the supplier gave him a freebie.
Thanks. Others have pointed this out too.

Sep 25, 2023
Funster No
MH
Ducatto LWB
Friend of Reedweaver, *UPDATE *The Advanced AGM LPX110 leisure batteries from ABS have failed after 2 years.

They can no longer supply anywhere near 60amps and have around a 2h lifecycle at 7amp draw. The company BMS in stockport have rejected the warranty claim as well. If I were you I would expect the same from these batteries and buy accordingly. They did give me 2x years of light use with around 100-200 cycles. No where near the claimed 500 at 70%.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Going back in this thread I think its safe to say the manufacturer has made unsubstantiated claims about this battery and once again we have a end user who had been mislead, let down and abandoned when trying to make a warranty claim.
I have just fitted 2 Leoch pure lead carbon deep cycle AGM batteries and confident I will get several years plus out of these batteries. My internal Sargent charger is switched off and these batteries are being charged by a Tracer MPPT solar control on a user setting that is in accordance with Leoch's charging profile for these batteries.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back