LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Thank you @dabhand Simon I'll pass the information on to Joy. They went through all this last time and after a lot of intervention, the women was not seen for quite a while and now it's started again.

Could be possible that the woman disappeared for a while because she was hospitalised, either voluntarily or sectioned under the Mental Health Act.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Now I’m not saying it will get you anywhere, but what it will almost certainly do is make the people responsible for the treatment of the mentally ill woman aware of the problems, and possibly prompt a treatment review, remember as hard as it may seem in Joys situation, this woman needs help too!
Maybe not, but it will certainly serve to alert "THE POLICE AND DIRECTOR OF CHILDRENS SERVICES!! " that the child's mother and Grandmother are now fully aware of the legislation, and of how the cogs should turning among the agencies concerned, to ensure the child's safety. ;)

Nice one Simon @dabhand. (y)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Thanks for the uodate.Carol.Poor Joy. I can't help in that department but she must be going through hell.Sorry she's going through all this. You lot are amazing. This is a fantastic forum.

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
So sorry to hear of Joy's situation, she's had so much to cope with over the past few years. I have missed her on the forum and not seen her since Chester.

All the best Joy - hope you get some proper help:lips:

Jan 22, 2012
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 2012
Exp
As a past worker in the mental health field I can only say that the Consultant Psychiatrist who deals with this lady needs to be informed directly about the effect on Joy. Psychiatrists do not like it when people write to them informing them of the potential risks involved in such cases and the possible outcomes. Its worth informing the psychiatrist of this and to remind them that they and their team will be held accountable and responsible if these outcomes occur. Copies to other agencies will also be helpful eg Hospital managers, GP's , social workers etc. Past incidents of this nature have shown that somebody somewhere knew this would happen and as a result fingers have been pointed at the responsible team members. But predictions of outcomes need to be in recorded somewhere.

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Get the press involved and the local MP in fact tell everyone!!
Love to Joy.
Did she like her bracelet?

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Get the press involved and the local MP in fact tell everyone!!
Love to Joy.
Did she like her bracelet?

Hi thanks I've not seen Joy yet, it I know she will like it. x

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
Jeez....how frightening. To be stalked by a mad woman. And it is stalking. Joy needs to speak to the police again. I thought there was a law against stalking now.

Oct 11, 2016
Bognor Regis
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 69-4
Exp
6 years
There in lies the problem this woman is under the mental health act and has a lot of protection and support whereas Joy is finding it difficult to get any answers or sence. It seems this woman has more protection than Eden does.
You say that the person is under the mental health act. This act has many sections ranging from observation to treatment. The implication that she is under the "mental health act" means that her care is the responsibility of the local mental health team and yes there will be client confidentiality. Perhaps a call stating " I know you can't tell me anything but can I pass on information regarding Mrs x" . Also the police are probably aware of mental health team involvement and do not see it as their problem.

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
A couple of thoughts.

Social services, or childres services, as they are now called, will shake their heads and do very little. The police need a stern letter to the chief constable pointing out that they have duties to a) protect the child, b) prevent a breach of the peace, and c) protect people from harassment.

Carol,please get her to PM me if she wants me to research the correct legislation, but escalation to the CC usually gets quick results.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Carol. give my love to joy, she was devastated when this happened before. I do feel for her and especially Eden, poor child must be terrified.
Great to see the support on here. It does help when the authorities are aware that you know the relevent legislation. So hope that Joy can make use of the help that is being offerred.
Hugs to you Joy and your family and big thanks to all those funsters rooting for them.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Joy I hope things are getting sorted , thoughts are with you and hope you can have an hour off and watch ' Strictly ' tonight as we know you love it!

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
Haven’t read all comments. @Carol ...
But if Joy wants some support .. in that area.. just say... Two heads an all that... x

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Just been in touch with Joy and she has said Eden's Grandad is taking over the main role of getting something done/organised dealing with the situation, the great help and information will be passed on to him. Thank you again so much for all the help everyone has offered.
I know Joy is so grateful for everyone 's support.

Last edited:

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Just been in touch with Joy and she has said Eden's Grandad is taking over the main role of getting something done/organised dealing with the situation, the great help and information will be passed on to him. Thank you again for so much help everyone has offered.
I'm know Joy is so grateful for everyone 's support.
Thanks Carol !
I'm sure Joy knows just how much she means to all us funsters and we hate to see her so unhappy and worried.
Xx and hugs

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
I’ve only just picked up on this thread so haven’t read it all.

Firstly I feel for Joy and wish all the best here.

Has a court injunction been considered or sought ? The police are hopeless in these situations but a court would look at in in quite a different manner. Plus they have powers the plod just don’t have.

I will try to read the whole thread later. I have my hands a bit full just now !

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
Only just seen this. @movan I hope things get sorted and Granddad can 'kick some arse'
@Carol. Many thanks for the update post on @movan Joy.

Please pass on our very best wishes for a speedy resolve to the horrendous situation, and for a return to happier and peaceful times for her and her family. (y)

Jock & Rita. xx

Thanks Carol !
I'm sure Joy knows just how much she means to all us funsters and we hate to see her so unhappy and worried.
Xx and hugs
My sentiments are in both of these posts

Portland

Free Member
Oct 31, 2013
Conwy
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
20 years
Our thoughts and best wish's are for you and daughter, try to be positive,
Love June/Derek

May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
Please let Joy know that we are thinking of her and can't wait to hear news that everything has been sorted out and safe.
Joy is sorely missed and much loved on here.

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Thank you for all you'd messages I can assure you all I have kept Joy up to date with the thread and I have some possitive news, not entirely sure what has instigated it wether it was the heartfelt protests and facts Joy has put to various people or something else, no matter how things are moving and being put in place. I'll let you know any further development. Thank you.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back