How prepared are you for the UKs hottest day ever. (2 Viewers)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
A question that has always made me wonder. How can the drink you are given be clean ? Does the barmaid/man sanitise between each glass they touch. Does the pump handle get continuously cleaned?
If not then one plague monster touching anything then touching glasses/bar/pump touch screens etc; & you're doomed . Not least the fact that it is being ingested easily straight in the mouth?
Not forgetting, alcohol can be used to sterilise so drinking is killing two birds etc, you're protected from the virus and drink enough you won't care anyway. ::bigsmile:

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Not forgetting, alcohol can be used to sterilise so drinking is killing two birds etc, you're protected from the virus and drink enough you won't care anyway. ::bigsmile:
Except beer is probably too low in alcohol content to kill anything..Most pubs don't know how to wipe a table properly during normal times so with Covid about I will drink at home or in the van..BUSBY.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
I remember it well Rangi ... one of the reasons why I refused to pay thousands of pounds for something that wouldn't do the job that was needed. I bought a cheap garden 'sail shade' which I can put up if I really want to reduce the light entering, rather than the heat, which does the same job as the expensive shades would have done but for a fraction of the price.
Being as we get very little sunshine in UK we don't bother with using blinds etc,,Windows open and let the sun shine in.Been sat outside in it for 6 hours now,,lovely.BUSBY.0

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 12, 2012
N/E Lincs
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Rienza
Exp
as above
Too hot and stuffy in the workshop yesterday so I had a lazy day. It’s a lot cooler here today with the wind from the NE. Maybe I will get motivated tomorrow.
I think the heat got to management yesterday. She has just brought my tea, paella. I said I will get a drink. Her reply was why do you want ketchup !!!:unsure: Having a senior day maybe. I think she is in need of a drink not me.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Never trust the Isrealis.

Can i ask how you got that name Rangitira???? reason. I was based on a ship with that name in The Kyle Of Lochalsh in the 70s when i was working on The Ninian Central Oil Rig. Story goes The Rangitira had a sister ship that sank on it's maiden voyage with lots of life lost. New Zealand origin i believe?? Ah memories.

The ship you were on was the Rangatira with an A. She replaced the "WAHINE" which was wrecked on the Barrets Reef in Wellington on 10 april1968, and no she wasn't on her maiden voyage, she had a regular run, interisland, Wellington to Lyttleton.

There was a storm force 10 gusting to 12 blowing when she reached the Wellington Heads, the entrance to Wellington Harbour. The Skipper (Hector Robertson) radioed the Company HQ and said he would hang around outside until the storm abated. Some self important A-hole ordered him in, Schedules to keep and all that BS.
The Wahine was a big slab sided thing, when she entered the narrow channel into Wellington the wind was coming from her starboard side, even with the wheel hard a starboard she was blown to port and onto Barrets Reef , I think about 50 or so lives were lost.

You can google it.

At the inquest the A, hole denied the Skipper was ordered in, can't remember the actual outcome of the inquest because it was before my time. I joined the Company (Union S S Co) in the end of 71, the Rangatira was delivered in 72.
I was in the shoreside gang as a Foreman Stevedore and was assigned to the main deck, After the hobnobs and Customs had been on board and the ship was cleared, the linkspan went down, and I was the first of the shoreside gang to step off the linkspan and onto the ship. My brief split second of "FAME"

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Here the temperature just now on the patio in the shade
EF0B06EC-1524-4311-BAF4-2391926D411D.jpeg

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Rangitira, i think the ship i was on arrived in Loch Kishorn/ Kyle of Lochalsh in 1975/6. And if my memory serves me it was a Ferry with lot's of accommodation similar to what plies the English Channel now.
And as an aside i hated every min i was on it.

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Quite warm (for UK) in Cheshire also. Thermometer machine peaked at 35c i think. But very humid, uncomfortable.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Quite warm (for UK) in Cheshire also. Thermometer machine peaked at 35c i think. But very humid, uncomfortable.
Yes the humidity is the one with% as you can see it’s 37%out and46% indoors😅

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
I don't think I can remember so much difference in weather/temps across the UK before, is extraordinary!
i.e: Pembrey South Wales, currently 21 degrees, sunny intervals, moderate breeze.
Ayr, Scotkand, currently 21 degree, light rain showers, moderate breeze.
Edinburgh currently 17 degrees, no rain, gentle breeze from North East.
Malvern, 29 degrees, thundery showers, and light winds.
Dover, Kent 28 degrees, chance of rain later, breeze from NE.
Gatwick Airport at 5PM 33 degrees, feels like 37 degrees, no rain expected.
Camberley Surrey where we live, 34 degrees (45 recorded on patio) sunny with gentle breeze.
We have had this extra hot weather for a week now, looking forward to getting some thundery downpours next week, the gardens/allotments are bone dry, and you need to have fans going 24/7 in the house.
Lesson learnt, need to think about some serious 12v cooling in van, before hitting the continent in summer.

LES

OP
OP
buttons
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
It has been another beautiful day here, now nearly 8pm and still sitting in the garden chatting and supping tea. Tomorrow's forecast the same.:cool:

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Went for a nice run in the country in the blue car.............god the farm smells :ROFLMAO: 🚙

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back