Rally Great Cornish Food & Drink Festival 25-27 Sept 2015 (1 Viewer)

whoa

Free Member
May 2, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
It's been sold, no more
Exp
I'm a newbie
@Robert Clark

Please add the 2 whoas to the list, nearly missed this thought I had it on thread watch, but apparently I didn't do it right, will have just a light snack at the food fair on that day just to keep me going, so it will be the hog roast, with stuffing, 2 further pasties, there's got to be a load of cheese at this fare, oh and don't forget the bread washed down with lashings of not lemonade something a bit stronger, they must do a Cornish curry so I'll have some of that, a good walk back should settle and be ready for the pub...........sound a bit far fetched, of course it is, always got the other days to get stuck in

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Saturday evening dinner at The Punchbowl and Ladle

Broken Link Removed

robertclark x2
Dux delux x2
rangitira x2
Winterbottoms x 2
PeterC10 x 2
Whoa x 2

Life's too short to diet !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lights

Free Member
Aug 22, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Bean can
Exp
For ever, but mostly in a tent on a roller skate.
Re 'Getting There '
Now the kids have returned to school, the A30 stretch between Temple and Bodmin has eased considerably. There is a single lane, 40mph limit stretch which lasts for only two or three miles but is usually flowing steadily. Still a better route altogether than the A38.
Hope this helps.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
If when you go to the city, and you fancy a light lunch, pop into the "Wig & Pen" @ #1 Frances St (TR1 3DP) can recommend the Ploughmans there.
Of course Wetherspoons is on Lemon Quay (were all the food fest is)
The is also another pub on Lemon Quay called the Market Inn, Trying hard to be a gastro pub but failing miserably Their "thrice cooked chips" are about the worst chips I, in my 75 years on this planet, have ever had served up to me.
No! they are the second worst, the Lerryn Inn at Lerryn takes some beating on that score

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
If when you go to the city, and you fancy a light lunch, pop into the "Wig & Pen" @ #1 Frances St (TR1 3DP) can recommend the Ploughmans there.
Of course Wetherspoons is on Lemon Quay (were all the food fest is)
The is also another pub on Lemon Quay called the Market Inn, Trying hard to be a gastro pub but failing miserably Their "thrice cooked chips" are about the worst chips I, in my 75 years on this planet, have ever had served up to me.
No! they are the second worst, the Lerryn Inn at Lerryn takes some beating on that score
Do you still have your own teeth?
Chips can take some sucking if you don't

StefAndDi

Free Member
Nov 3, 2014
Near St. Austell, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ceased motorhoming 1/3/16
Exp
2010 to 2016
Thanks for that @Lights.
That was my advice way back and, having travelled out of Cornwall on the A30 and back into the county on the A38, both in the last 10 days, I see no reason to change that advice to Funsters.
A30 every time.

Re 'Getting There '
Now the kids have returned to school, the A30 stretch between Temple and Bodmin has eased considerably. There is a single lane, 40mph limit stretch which lasts for only two or three miles but is usually flowing steadily. Still a better route altogether than the A38.
Hope this helps.

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Thanks for that @Lights.
That was my advice way back and, having travelled out of Cornwall on the A30 and back into the county on the A38, both in the last 10 days, I see no reason to change that advice to Funsters.
A30 every time.
Is that the route the sat nav will take us from Tintagel Cc site Stef?

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Have you got your swimmers packed?
image.jpg

whoa

Free Member
May 2, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
It's been sold, no more
Exp
I'm a newbie
Going to tintagel tomorrow from Weston-s-m, cc Handbook says not to use satnav, so looking forward to the delights of going to perranporth after few days and then on too Carnon Downs, no wifi this site but only one night, using mobile not impressed so when I have wifi will use air pad, a new thread will be and how did your day go today you won't believe whT happened talk about Fred carnos army. Will do it tomorrow hopefully not so keen on the mobile

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
FINAL CALL !! @REKERLY, @Peetee, @mogbl, @fleurette

Would you like to join us for dinner at The Punchbowl and Ladle on Satruday night?
Please reply today, so that we can book the table

Broken Link Removed

Diners already confirmed are....

robertclark x2
Dux delux x2
rangitira x2
Winterbottoms x 2
PeterC10 x 2
Rekerly x 2
Whoa x 2

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 22, 2012
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Roller Team T590
Exp
Sorry we have been travelling and off line.
Yes please include us for the meal.
Thanks Rex & Cherry

whoa

Free Member
May 2, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
It's been sold, no more
Exp
I'm a newbie
FINAL CALL !! @REKERLY, @Peetee, @mogbl, @fleurette

Would you like to join us for dinner at The Punchbowl and Ladle on Satruday night?

Broken Link Removed

robertclark x2
Dux delux x2
rangitira x2
Winterbottoms x 2
PeterC10 x 2
Rekerly x 2

I think you've forgotten 2x whoas on that list, we were on the earlier one, we haven't cancelled, that I know of ta(y)

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
I think you've forgotten 2x whoas on that list, we were on the earlier one, we haven't cancelled, that I know of ta(y)
How could I forget you????

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Admin isn't Roberts strong point.

Memo to self : "double check the orders for pasties and beer".
Admin theory, and admin systems are probably one of my stronger points
Working with words and numbers are my worst - they just jumble themselves up, without any intervention from me
Dyslexics aren't thick - they just appear that way

whoa

Free Member
May 2, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
It's been sold, no more
Exp
I'm a newbie
Working with words and numbers are my worst - they just jumble themselves up, without any intervention from me

My wife has the same problem with dyslexia, she is so good at other stuff, but when it comes to sorting things out by reading, it's down to me to sort it, it's very frustrating at times for her, and me, and her brother went to uni, I think she would have, if things had been different

StefAndDi

Free Member
Nov 3, 2014
Funster No
MH
Exp
2010 to 2016

Sorry Robert. I'm also finding it a little difficult to keep track of things. Maybe because we have this main thread and there's also a lot of traffic on 'conversations'. You used the expression yourself, it can be like herding cats! I'm filled with admiration for those who organise big rallies.
Stef.

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Sorry Robert. I'm also finding it a little difficult to keep track of things. Maybe because we have this main thread and there's also a lot of traffic on 'conversations'. You used the expression yourself, it can be like herding cats! I'm filled with admiration for those who organise big rallies.
Stef.
No apology required on your part Stef
What you should be worried about though, is whether I'm actually going to make it to the campsite
We often end up in the wrong place, because I mixed up the numbers as I entered co-ordinates into the sat nav.
Hence why we keep our water tank full and our waste tank empty - we never know where we're going to end up
Some people may think it's a problem, I look at is as part of the adventure!!!

Lights

Free Member
Aug 22, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Bean can
Exp
For ever, but mostly in a tent on a roller skate.
Thanks for the invite, Robert, would love to have joined you all but I am finally picking up my 'van from Rochdale...this should be followed by a "Yippee!" However, am a tad nervous as it will seem huge after my Smart sized tiny car. All driving tips gratefully received.

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
FINAL CALL !! @mogbl, @fleurette

Broken Link Removed

robertclark x2
Dux delux x2
rangitira x2
Winterbottoms x 2
PeterC10 x 2
Rekerly x 2
Whoa x 2
Peetee x 2

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Thanks for the invite, Robert, would love to have joined you all but I am finally picking up my 'van from Rochdale...this should be followed by a "Yippee!" However, am a tad nervous as it will seem huge after my Smart sized tiny car. All driving tips gratefully received.
Hi - I'm sure you'll cope just fine and dandy in your new MH
Like you I've only got a small car, but I find the transition to the MH quite straightforward.
I use my mirrors much more, not just when reversing, but also when going round tight corners, such as when leaving a roundabout, as some MH's have a BIG overhang at the back, which you need to be aware of.
Post some pics in Motorhome Chat when you get your new van, and let us know where and when your first proper outing will be.
Best of luck
Robert

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Great News

StefandDi are coming to dinner too!

Broken Link Removed

robertclark x2
Dux delux x2
rangitira x2
Winterbottoms x 2
PeterC10 x 2
Rekerly x 2
Whoa x 2
Peetee x 2
StefAndDi x 2
Mogbl x 2

Last edited by a moderator:

StefAndDi

Free Member
Nov 3, 2014
Funster No
MH
Exp
2010 to 2016
Not wishing us to be disappointed by leaving it too late, I have spoken to Jacqui at the Punchbowl today. She has made a reservation for 18 for Saturday 26th September at 7.30pm. If other Funsters wish to join we can amend the number or, if we wish, alter the time.

She said that, with a group of that size on a Saturday evening, it would be helpful to her staff if we can pre-order. She thinks that chef is introducing a winter menu any time now and will e-mail it to me as soon as she has it.

Now for the bad news (or maybe not!). The largest table in the bar can only accommodate 17, so one Funster will be sat away from the rest of us. @DuxDeluxe will be taking dinner in the function room, just across the car park, but that shouldn't be a problem - the Young Farmers dinner and dance doesn't start until 8pm. And if they arrive early the pub can supply Dux with a doggy bag.

Stef.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Not wishing us to be disappointed by leaving it too late, I have spoken to Jacqui at the Punchbowl today. She has made a reservation for 18 for Saturday 26th September at 7.30pm. If other Funsters wish to join we can amend the number or, if we wish, alter the time.

She said that, with a group of that size on a Saturday evening, it would be helpful to her staff if we can pre-order. She thinks that chef is introducing a winter menu any time now and will e-mail it to me as soon as she has it.

Now for the bad news (or maybe not!). The largest table in the bar can only accommodate 17, so one Funster will be sat away from the rest of us. @DuxDeluxe will be taking dinner in the function room, just across the car park, but that shouldn't be a problem - the Young Farmers dinner and dance doesn't start until 8pm. And if they arrive early the pub can supply Dux with a doggy bag.

Stef.
Well it is probably better than taking a function in the dinner room.......

This thread is becoming slightly "duckist" - hope the young farmers don't have orange sauce with them.... :Eeek:

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
I don't know about you guys, but I'm terrible with names

You can download and print a name badge, to print at home, and place in the windscreen of your MH. Simply click the link below.

Broken Link Removed

Open the document in WORD and edit the names to suit

rallybaddeicon-png.38187

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back