Rally Great Cornish Food & Drink Festival 25-27 Sept 2015 (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Weather update
No rain over the Food Festival weekend !
Might bring my 'extra special' rum to celebrate !

image.png

Last edited by a moderator:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Rum? Hello my new bestest friend. Got some St Lucia and Appleton in the van.........:)

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
As I said......

...... anyway, I'm only a poor duck who swills cheap booze. Got some nice Scotch as well.... what is left of it after Cruiser gave it a hammering last weekend...

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
As I said......

...... anyway, I'm only a poor duck who swills cheap booze. Got some nice Scotch as well.... what is left of it after Cruiser gave it a hammering last weekend...
Maybe a trip to the grog shop en route?

whoa

Free Member
May 2, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
It's been sold, no more
Exp
I'm a newbie
Just been in contact with carnon downs, we are on a hard standing pitch, located as blue site 15, they do have wifi, but not everywhere on site, but we can sit around the reception area, where it will work. Think we will try the king Harry ferry tomorrow, then have a look in at Trelissick Gardens as we are NT members, probably then go tO sainsburys to re-provision, go on site, Wednesday , Thursday, go into Truro.

Does anyone else know what pitch they're on?

StefAndDi

Free Member
Nov 3, 2014
Near St. Austell, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ceased motorhoming 1/3/16
Exp
2010 to 2016
Just been in contact with carnon downs, we are on a hard standing pitch, located as blue site 15, they do have wifi, but not everywhere on site, but we can sit around the reception area, where it will work. Think we will try the king Harry ferry tomorrow, then have a look in at Trelissick Gardens as we are NT members, probably then go tO sainsburys to re-provision, go on site, Wednesday , Thursday, go into Truro.

Does anyone else know what pitch they're on?

Hi Phil and Julie,

I've not shopped at the Truro Sainsburys for several years, but I have a feeling that when the store was developed they built over the car park and replaced it with a multi storey. If I'm right then you will probably be stuffed in a MH.

Suggest you either chose another store or use the Truro WEST park and ride, jump off the bus at the railway station, and it's a walk of two or three hundred yards up the hill to the store.

We are on pitch 19 and I think Robert is on 20. Di visited the site at the weekend to research the walk to the Punchbowl and Ladle and she thinks our pitch is a bit small. We shall see.

Stef.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
We've just left home and are en-route to Tintagel with an overnight stop at Vanbitz in Taunton.
In anyone has wifi problems we have a MIFI that they are welcome to use.
@DuxDeluxe is stopping off to replenish his drinks cabinet on the way, and a full bar service will be on offer.

whoa

Free Member
May 2, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
It's been sold, no more
Exp
I'm a newbie
We've just left home and are en-route to Tintagel with an overnight stop at Vanbitz in Taunton.
In anyone has wifi problems we have a MIFI that they are welcome to use.
@DuxDeluxe is stopping off to replenish his drinks cabinet on the way, and a full bar service will be on offer.
Well I'm looking forward to that, so the drinks are on Dux, yippee, might even bring a bag of crisps we can all share.:LOL::drink::cheers::wine::party2:

whoa

Free Member
May 2, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
It's been sold, no more
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi Phil and Julie,

I've not shopped at the Truro Sainsburys for several years, but I have a feeling that when the store was developed they built over the car park and replaced it with a multi storey. If I'm right then you will probably be stuffed in a MH.

Suggest you either chose another store or use the Truro WEST park and ride, jump off the bus at the railway station, and it's a walk of two or three hundred yards up the hill to the store.

We are on pitch 19 and I think Robert is on 20. Di visited the site at the weekend to research the walk to the Punchbowl and Ladel and she thinks our pitch is a bit small. We shall see.

Stef.

Thanks for that info, I've looked on Google satellite, and given them a ring, your right it is a multi-storey, but they do have some spaces on the outside of the multi storey, I was given the impression, that the multi storey at ground level was accessible for vehicles larger then a car, but not an hgv, will have a look see how it is when we arrive, and if not, go onto tescos, got a voucher for nearly £4 so need to use it soon. Thanks once again for your local knowledge.(y):bear:

whoa

Free Member
May 2, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
It's been sold, no more
Exp
I'm a newbie
Further to the above sainsburys is TR1 3XL
tescos TR1 2TN

Also had a look at the park and ride, my thinking was that once on site we would try and use the bus from carnon downs on Wednesday and Thursday for visiting Truro

StefAndDi

Free Member
Nov 3, 2014
Near St. Austell, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ceased motorhoming 1/3/16
Exp
2010 to 2016
Further to the above sainsburys is TR1 3XL
tescos TR1 2TN

Also had a look at the park and ride, my thinking was that once on site we would try and use the bus from carnon downs on Wednesday and Thursday for visiting Truro

@whoa

The bus stop is right outside the site entrance, less than 100 yards from your pitch. If you get off the bus at the Truro bus station you will be 100 yards from Tesco and about 25 yards from the plaza where they will be setting up the food and drink festival.

Stef.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
There is a Sainsbury's in Falmouth.

At the Roundabout by the Park and Ride (now closed for the winter and used for storing Boats) take the 3rd road of the roundabout (basically a right turn) go up the little hill and around the corner, et viola!

We'll be taking the M/H into Falmouth on Saturday , if anyone wants to tag along , you're welcome to.

whoa

Free Member
May 2, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
It's been sold, no more
Exp
I'm a newbie
When Di was at the site at the weekend she was told that we are all pretty much together.
Has anyone told @DuxDeluxe that he has been billeted at the CL down the road?

I daren't, he's apparently providing a full bar service, now how nice and friendly and genuine can you be, top banana.:LOL::rolleyes: I say:giggler:

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
I've heard thro the grapevine that Ducky wucky Dave will put you up, IF ! you are "too tired and emotional" after drinking all his grog, to stagger to your own unit, AND!!! that Di will serve you breckee in the late morning, in the upper bunk!.
None of this feel good for your liver rubbish, a full English! and already cut on bite sized pieces so you don't have to chew.
AND!! if you are still "feeling fragile" he'll tenderly wipe your brow with cloths soaked in 47/11!

Looking forward to it me!

whoa

Free Member
May 2, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
It's been sold, no more
Exp
I'm a newbie
I've heard thro the grapevine that Ducky wucky Dave will put you up, IF ! you are "too tired and emotional" after drinking all his grog, to stagger to your own unit, AND!!! that Di will serve you breckee in the late morning, in the upper bunk!.
None of this feel good for your liver rubbish, a full English! and already cut on bite sized pieces so you don't have to chew.
AND!! if you are still "feeling fragile" he'll tenderly wipe your brow with cloths soaked in 47/11!

Looking forward to it me!

Well over the years I've been to one or two posh places that really look after you, but quite frankly not up to this standard, Dux is obviously a miracle worker, and brekkies as well, unbelievable. :LOL::LOL:
Is it like this now that's my sort of guest breakfast.

image.jpg

Looking forward to it

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
You can all have a handful of dog biscuits for a real gourmet breakfast; just don't go around sniffing each other's arses afterwards........

fleurette

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I640 SD
Exp
We've just arrived at the site and am pitched up on Green 15 on grass, bit soft at the moment so hope we don't to much more rain else my be a bit of a job getting out (n).Other than that nice site,and looking forward to meeting you all:)(y).

Apr 25, 2012
Near Truro, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Hope you all have a great time! We would have joined you, and it would have been the first time we've done that, but Sod's law my wife is doing something called the Tuff Enuff challenge over a 16km assault course down near Porthcurno this weekend. Me? I'm in charge of the team BBQ....pity as we only live in Probus, five miles outside Truro.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back