Rally Great Cornish Food & Drink Festival 25-27 Sept 2015 (1 Viewer)

Sep 28, 2010
Castletownbere West Cork
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
11 years
Just read about the meal Saturday night please count us in.
We have been here since last Friday staying at Chegwhyn Farm CL, Playing place, £12 a night with HU very nice. It's about a mile from Carnon Downs. The rain has been very bad only two reasonable days so far, Saturday and yesterday Mo's birthday. We managed to have a little bike ride, boy the place is hilly. Called in at the site and enquired about pitches. They are allocated on booking. We are pitch 7 a grass pitch and Mr Clark maybe Rob is pitch 5 hard standing. Don't know where anyone else is. The very nice lady on reception never heard of motorhome fun but on checking Herity (us) and Clark were the only two associated with it.
Hoping for good weather see you there. We shall be on site on the 25th about 10am
Richard & Mo

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Just read about the meal Saturday night please count us in.
We have been here since last Friday staying at Chegwhyn Farm CL, Playing place, £12 a night with HU very nice. It's about a mile from Carnon Downs. The rain has been very bad only two reasonable days so far, Saturday and yesterday Mo's birthday. We managed to have a little bike ride, boy the place is hilly. Called in at the site and enquired about pitches. They are allocated on booking. We are pitch 7 a grass pitch and Mr Clark maybe Rob is pitch 5 hard standing. Don't know where anyone else is. The very nice lady on reception never heard of motorhome fun but on checking Herity (us) and Clark were the only two associated with it.
Hoping for good weather see you there. We shall be on site on the 25th about 10am
Richard & Mo
Hi Richard
You're on the list !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

whoa

Free Member
May 2, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
It's been sold, no more
Exp
I'm a newbie
Well we always prefer plum sauce, stuff the duck with plums,cook for the relevant time, sauce is wonderful. The duck should be tender but depends on how stroppy it got, and did it try to stop going in the oven by sticking webbed feet against the oven door, some old birds can be very tough

Anyway just an update, we are now at the cc I site at perranporth, were due to stay here for 6 days but we realise that's to long, so we aredeparting on Saturday 19/9, and going onto the cc site at Porthscatho, near St Mawes, from Saturday and dep for Carnon downs on Tuesday as already planned.

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
rallybaddeicon-png.38187

If anyone doesn't have printing facilities and would like me to print them a name badge to put in the windscreen of their van, please let me know - I'm at home until Sunday night, then setting off for Cornwall on Monday

Regards
Robert

StefAndDi

Free Member
Nov 3, 2014
Near St. Austell, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ceased motorhoming 1/3/16
Exp
2010 to 2016
Well we always prefer plum sauce, stuff the duck with plums,cook for the relevant time, sauce is wonderful. The duck should be tender but depends on how stroppy it got, and did it try to stop going in the oven by sticking webbed feet against the oven door, some old birds can be very tough

Anyway just an update, we are now at the cc I site at perranporth, were due to stay here for 6 days but we realise that's to long, so we aredeparting on Saturday 19/9, and going onto the cc site at Porthscatho, near St Mawes, from Saturday and dep for Carnon downs on Tuesday as already planned.

@whoa

Two good sites that we use regularly.
From the Merrose Farm site, if you look at the map, the obvious (and very short route) is via the King Harry Ferry.
But a word of advice. Only approach the Ferry on the B3289, which is off the A3078 St. Mawes road and is clearly signposted for the ferry.
You would be unwise to take the road through Philleigh, which appears to be more direct but is very windy and narrow in places.
Looking forward to seeing you both,
Stef.

whoa

Free Member
May 2, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
It's been sold, no more
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi Robert, two things, if you would print out a name badge for us, as we have no printing facilities, although my full name is Philip I'm ok with Phil, so Phil & Julie will be ok.

Food, we would like 2 sirloin steaks, medium, 2 peppercorn sauce, unless there is Huggins in one,as we like sauce and gravy, not jus, as there jus ain't enough for us. For George Rafters 1 panna cotta, Julie doesn't think she could eat a dessert, but if she does on previous performance, I'm apparently very generous, and she'll share mine, I have been told, so two spoons mine large, Julie's a teaspoon.

whoa

Free Member
May 2, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
It's been sold, no more
Exp
I'm a newbie
@whoa

Two good sites that we use regularly.
From the Merrose Farm site, if you look at the map, the obvious (and very short route) is via the King Harry Ferry.
But a word of advice. Only approach the Ferry on the B3289, which is off the A3078 St. Mawes road and is clearly signposted for the ferry.
You would be unwise to take the road through Philleigh, which appears to be more direct but is very windy and narrow in places.
Looking forward to seeing you both,
Stef.

Many thanks for that info, I was thinking of asking for some directions and advice, am I right in thinking we are physically going by a ferry across, having looked at the maps I have I can see why your not suggesting philleigh, so my thought was from perranporth as we arrived by rejerrah, back via B3285 to A3075, South to the A30, but taking the A390 towards Truro, A39 south going onto the B3829 as you've suggested, and form there I think I'm a bit stumped, as far as sat navs go I have them on, but don't always agree with them so my choices come first, I've used the assistance of the sat nva twice on this tour, fortunately I took the cc directions, boy would they have got me into some trouble, so it's the last bit on the B3289 avoiding philleigh I'm not so sure of.

Just enjoying a bottle of addlestones cloudy premium cider, just as a practice for the rattler, possible a dram or two as well see if it works as an antidote

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Hi Robert, two things, if you would print out a name badge for us, as we have no printing facilities, although my full name is Philip I'm ok with Phil, so Phil & Julie will be ok.

Food, we would like 2 sirloin steaks, medium, 2 peppercorn sauce, unless there is Huggins in one,as we like sauce and gravy, not jus, as there jus ain't enough for us. For George Rafters 1 panna cotta, Julie doesn't think she could eat a dessert, but if she does on previous performance, I'm apparently very generous, and she'll share mine, I have been told, so two spoons mine large, Julie's a teaspoon.

Hi Phil - I've made your sign for you

Could you please add your food order to the conversation with everyone elses?

That way, they will all be in one long list and I can copy it directly to the pub.

I'd hate to miss anyone off
Can you please mention your names to your order too, just to be on the safe side?

Regards
Robert

StefAndDi

Free Member
Nov 3, 2014
Near St. Austell, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ceased motorhoming 1/3/16
Exp
2010 to 2016
Many thanks for that info, I was thinking of asking for some directions and advice, am I right in thinking we are physically going by a ferry across, having looked at the maps I have I can see why your not suggesting philleigh, so my thought was from perranporth as we arrived by rejerrah, back via B3285 to A3075, South to the A30, but taking the A390 towards Truro, A39 south going onto the B3829 as you've suggested, and form there I think I'm a bit stumped, as far as sat navs go I have them on, but don't always agree with them so my choices come first, I've used the assistance of the sat nva twice on this tour, fortunately I took the cc directions, boy would they have got me into some trouble, so it's the last bit on the B3289 avoiding philleigh I'm not so sure of.

Just enjoying a bottle of addlestones cloudy premium cider, just as a practice for the rattler, possible a dram or two as well see if it works as an antidote

@whoa

Yeah, I reckon your route from the Treamble Valley site towards Merrose Farm is good. As you travel down the A3078 towards St. Mawes the site entrance is on your right. The final approach is very narrow and controlled by traffic lights. Look out for the traffic lights on your right and you can't go wrong.
And when you leave Merrose Farm, turn right onto the A3078 and the road to the ferry will be on your right. And yes, it is a physical ferry, pulling itself across the river on chains. When you drive off the ferry you will be only 10 minutes drive from the Carnon Downs site.
If you have any problems, call me on 07977 424958.
Stef.

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
@DuxDeluxe and @rangitira
Hi Guys - Have you decided what you'd like to order from the Menu on Saturday night?
Please reply to the conversation when you have. You will find this conversation in Inbox (see link in top menu bar)
I will email the order to the restaurant as soon as I have this info
Would appreciate your order by Sunday please
Thanks
Robert

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
@DuxDeluxe and @rangitira
Hi Guys - Have you decided what you'd like to order from the Menu on Saturday night?
Please reply to the conversation when you have. You will find this conversation in Inbox (see link in top menu bar)
I will email the order to the restaurant as soon as I have this info
Would appreciate your order by Sunday please
Thanks
Robert
Mrs Deluxe still making her mind up!!!

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
One tomato salad
One bread board

One medium steak
One pork chop

Two mango parfait

Pretty please??

P.S. Many thanks to @rangitira for offering to pay not only for the whole meal but also unlimited wine in early celebration of the AB's making it out of the group stages in the RWC..:imoutahere:

Maybe I misheard him.........

Edit - sorry, thought I was replying to the PM.. Will re post

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Not very impressed with the Menu at all,Total let down! totally different to the one when we were there recently, is this a "simple menu" just for our crowd? It's just "PUB grub"! nothing like we are used to from this establishment, that is generally 5 star, this stuff you can find in any back street Cornish pub!
Changed hands recently?
Still making our mind up wether to go or not, however will decide before sunday

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Not very impressed with the Menu at all,Total let down! totally different to the one when we were there recently, is this a "simple menu" just for our crowd? It's just "PUB grub"! nothing like we are used to from this establishment, that is generally 5 star, this stuff you can find in any back street Cornish pub!
Changed hands recently?
Still making our mind up wether to go or not, however will decide before sunday
Hi John - sorry that you feel that way.
The menu is their current one as I understand it, and I'm pretty sure the establishment has not changed hands recently.
I hope you do decide to join us, as I'm sure its going to be fun!

Regards
Robert

fleurette

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I640 SD
Exp
We're down in Pentewan and it certainly is some gorgeous weather at present , let's hope that it lasts

whoa

Free Member
May 2, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
It's been sold, no more
Exp
I'm a newbie
Arrived at the Merrose farm site about 12.20pm, went past it to St Mawes as we had arrived far to early, bit of a surprise St Mawes, more our style, a bit more sedate, and very clean and tidy, and today I did another first, had to pay for two parking bays in the car park, yes we've arrived in the world of motorhomes, although I wouldn't want to be doing that so often, hopefully a couple of decent days until we leave for carnon downs on Tuesday, if weathers good, think we'll have a look at the king Harry ferry, £7 for one way crossing. It's now 10 days since we left home, time seems to speed up when the jaunt is nearly over, or am I being pessimistic, still got 9 days left before we trek home, via the Malvern hills site for an overnight stop(y)

fleurette

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I640 SD
Exp
Hi Robert,
No, we wont be eating out on the night, thanks for the offer but we may call in the a drink with you all when we get back from the day in Truro:beerchug:

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2005 this time
We have to pull out of the Saturday meal Sorry if it's caused any problems for you.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Who is going to pay for mine now, then?? ;)

Keep collecting the bottle tops they'll never know the difference,
the seasons ended, all the tourists have gone home, back to the local barter system now till Easter(y)

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Keep collecting the bottle tops they'll never know the difference,
the seasons ended, all the tourists have gone home, back to the local barter system now till Easter(y)
I'll use that white fiver I nicked out of Shifty's wallet, then......

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
We have to pull out of the Saturday meal Sorry if it's caused any problems for you.
No problem whatsoever - one thing to consider, you could always check with them on the day to see if there are any of the daily specials you fancy. I'm sure they could add another two people to our booking if necessary.
Regards
Robert

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2005 this time
No problem whatsoever - one thing to consider, you could always check with them on the day to see if there are any of the daily specials you fancy. I'm sure they could add another two people to our booking if necessary.
Regards
Robert

It's Nothing to do with the food on offer, it's a combination of events that I won't go into now

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back