Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
GLENBROOK NSW
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2005
Thanks Jim. As we do our travels every 12-18months from Downunder, such a resource will be brilliant. Funsters are ALWAYS my 'go to' when planning our next trip - and while travelling.

Scotties

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2006
Thanks Jim, don't forget it needs to be in extra large font for us 'oldsters'.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mother Ship

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2011
Jersey
Funster No
MH
Pilote 626D
Exp
Since 1986
Just seen this thread for first time. Excellent idea. I buy a notebook for each journey we do and make scrapbook type diary and log as we go, sticking in business cards and pamphlets etc sketches. I always get ring bound with hard covers and hope the Fun one can be like this. Ring bound important as easier to keep open on page whilst using in passenger seat while other driving and when open remains flatter as pages used. Needs hard covers to sustain daily abuse! @Jim please could you let me know the kind of binding and cover the Fun edition will have.

Poppi

Free Member
Oct 18, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Talbot Express Rambler
Exp
May 2014
Great idea Jim I have filled in the form. Do you have any ideas on price of advertising yet as I re upholster campers and caravans and make curtains etc for them and maybe interested if not too pricey for a mention.

Kae Otic

Free Member
Mar 25, 2015
Newtown, Powys, Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Augusta 2007
Exp
4 Months
Brilliant idea, I have read all the other comments and cannot suggest anything further - just to say that A5 would be way better than standard Filofax size, but we will all need to get the punches if it will be six hole instead of normal 2 hole. Perhaps you can get a job lot of them as well. I would be happy to part with some £'s for both items. Very excited to see the final version. I have indeed signed up! Many thanks for your attention to detail.

Jun 18, 2013
Essex, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 666F
Exp
Since 2015
Excellent idea. Thanks.

One possible addition that hasn't been mentioned - Mobile Internet APNs for the common providers, with any known variations in different countries.

If it happened to be a format suitable to put in a Filofax type A5 binder that would be great (even if it had to be dismantled to do so. You can get all sorts of other inserts for them, including probably plastic business card pages to put in things like ACSI card, EHIC cards, C&CC, C&MC, NT cards - stuff you might only use when away in the van.

The Dotties

Free Member
Jan 31, 2015
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Ex Newbie
I have already put my name down, but reading through the posts could I suggest that advertising is kept to a minimum by using funster traders only.
I would be more than happy to pay for a copy, this would hopefully reduce the workload on Jim by not having to tout for advertisers who will all want special billing. Don't know the finances of anything like this but in the great scheme of things shouldn't be out of the park?
Updates by email sounds like a good idea also, for those able to take advantage.

Jun 19, 2014
Cardiff
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
I'm a newbie
What a good idea thank you for all the time and effort needed to get this going ,lots of very good surgestions A5 is a good handy size thanks again Robert.

Landyguy

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2013
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Serrano
Exp
newbie from caravan - 5yrs now
Put me down for one - sounds like a great idea - fun sticker in it also.
where to send address please and when is it likely?

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
You should know me by now. I take the advice and consider it, then decide what to do. Most people think that it would be easier to do it democratically but it doesn't work very well for stuff like this. For example, lets say I have a vote to decide if its bound or loose leaf 51% choose bound. That means I have alienated 49% who'd prefer it loose leaf. Rather I take the advice, use my best judgement and say this is it. Do you want it or not :)

Seems to work...:D
Please speak to Nicola Sturgeon !

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!
Hi @Jim, brilliant idea. Just filled the form in but it won't send when I try to submit it, not quite sure what I'm doing wrong:whistle:

lawry

Free Member
Jun 25, 2017
MERTHYR TYDFIL
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne 840se
Exp
8 years
Hi Jim and just ordered
Will there be notification when flags in stock ?
Thanks
Lawry

Sep 21, 2017
Funster No
Great for us that can't remember what day it is most of the time. Can't think of anything fellow funsters have missed. Order placed. We would like a funster sticker if at all possible.

Thanks, Jon & Baz

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back