LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
an essential phrases section in with the emergency checklist. ie ask for an ambulance in french, spanish, german & italian would be my suggestion

just off to add my details

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
@Jim, rather than a spiral bound 'fixed page' handbook, what about something like the below (A5) possibly with the MHF logo etc on (cost permitting) and including a variety of inserts with extra inserts available separately, that way people can just add the bits they need/want, similar to a Filofax but aimed at motorhomers:

8190Gx8JKFL._SL1500_.jpg

Amazon product ASIN B016BW2BX4
If people wanted to have one for each year they could buy extra ones, or jsut transfer that year's pages to separate plastic binder for filing away such as this:

415zLyrs11L.jpg

Amazon product ASIN B002LFD1WG
The beauty of this is that as you can add 'pockets' you can also keep receipts, ticket stubs etc in it too so everything you want to keep is together.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
... can anyone see the links to Amazon in the above posting of mine? Despite my stopping my adblocker I can't see them, just the photos I cut and pasted ...

Bulldog Boxy

Free Member
Sep 28, 2015
stoke
Funster No
MH
caravan was motorhome.
Exp
Brilliant idea Jim form filled out.thanks for all your efforts.

Reactions: Jim

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
Links work fine, Minxy Girl - clicking on the blue words takes you to Amazon......or at least it did for me!

Mar 11, 2013
Gillingham
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
With all the ideas being put forward this could be THE must have book in the glove box, some great ideas I can see other clubs wishing they had one.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Or a list of people who have been sent to Coventry or who are likely to be sent to Coventry :whistle:
Form filled in great Idea @Jim

And a separate page to identify those of us who actually live there of their own free will? LOL

Apr 23, 2014
Naarfook
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano
Exp
5 years
Great idea Jim, I think most things have been covered, order placed! (y)

Nov 9, 2015
Shenfield, Essex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
35+ years mainly in VW's
How about a couple of European accident forms? There something you never want to use, but if you have them, you hopefully will never need to use them :)

Cheers

Trevor

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
An option to collect at a rally or show would be handy for us full timers who don't visit an address often (y)

Great idea.

Apr 25, 2014
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Overhead cab
Exp
8 years
Thanks Jim. What a great idea. We've signed up.
Would detchable pages e.g. spiral bound make it too expensive/bulky. So you could just transfer pages from year to year?

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Another Superb Idea..

But @ Jim, I filled out and submitted, and then read about releasing in Jan 2018...

Hopefully we wont be at this address..

So can you put mine on hold...

Thanks.

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
Ordered mine but without saying thanks.:(.So...Thanks,:D2 great idea and fully concur with all those for a loose leaf Motorhome Fun "Filofax" I still use my filo every day at work, so adding extra pages would be great.(y)

Michael

May 16, 2014
Ammanford
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Exp
since May 2014
How about using a loose leaf binder system with additional sheets downloadable to print off as and when required. We could keep down costs by supplying our own binders. Also some members will use more pages than others, and it could be constantly updated if other information is suggested or maps inserted.
Loose leaf format is a great idea. I already use an old Filofax to record useful info like good sites and stopping places good pub meals etc. this format could also make it easier to update advertisers on an annual basis and it would also provide end users with the choice to just keep those adverts they think are relevant to them.

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Some great ideas there we'll do our best to incorporate as many as possible. I think the loose leaf version could work, but it will make it more difficult to get advertisers to buy into it. They would like to know that their messages remain on view for a year and not taken out and binned on Jan 2nd. :)

Katie bought a notebook the other day with a very chunky wire-bind which would work well with an often-opened journal and last for years . Quality Binding is not a cheap option though. We know from experience that perfect binding, that's the type of binding a paperback has, needs to the binding to be sewn as well as glued if you are gong to write in it, and again that pushes prices up. Loads to think about, thanks yy
IMG_2059.JPG

IMG_2060.JPG

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
What a great idea @Jim and thanks for taking the time and trouble to get this off the ground.
I agree with some others who said a small charge would be perfectly acceptable.
I would be interested to know how many names you have already. Is it a case of the more interest you have, the more advertising you will have to sell?

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
I like the Filofax style idea - but as @Jim points out, the advertising pages could be binned, unless...

The thing about a annual handbook, yearbook, diary is that whilst a lot of things change from year to year, many things don't & have to be transferred from the old book to the new one.

Would it work for the advertisers if their adverts were printed alongside or on part of the page, or on the reverse of a page in a section that didn't have removable pages? The section that had checklists, and important info in it.

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Brilliant idea, and have submitted my details. I particularly like Minxy Girls idea of operating it like a Filofax. 'Horses for courses' as to the different type of pages members can add and I would happily pay for a selection of inserts.

Mar 11, 2013
Gillingham
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
If we were to go with Mindy Girls format, and the pages were downloadable, and members purchased there own filofax system perhaps we could self fund without the need of advertising.

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
If we were to go with Mindy Girls format, and the pages were downloadable, and members purchased there own filofax system perhaps we could self fund without the need of advertising.

The A5 format is probably the best size, sourcing and printing to it, especially double sided, is a right pain. Also If you were printing your own, the A5 6 hole punch, normally punches 2 pages at a time and is a bigger pain :) A4 is much easier, but its too big for the cab.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back