Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I'm planning on producing an annual handbook for members. It will carry some advertising to cover printing and distribution. Which will mean that it is free to members.

This will take the place of our popular journal which we normally sell. We expect the core of the handbook will be a journal/diary so you can record your travels and the collected handbooks over the years should become treasure troves of memories.

I'm open to suggestions as to what What else might be in the handbook, of course we'll include a rally calendar and we fancy some useful checklists and a motorhome logbook to record when the MOT is due and maintenance etc. Anything else?

If you would like to Receive the Free Journal/Handbook. Then let us know by giving us your address here

EDIT 18 Jan 2018 --ALL Ordered Books Have Been Sent. You should have it by the 22nd Jan.

We still have some yearbooks left. If you are a subscriber (ie you pay £15 a year subscription) then you can still get the book for free but you will need to pay £3.50 P&P Do that here.

If you are not a subscriber you can buy the book here for £9.99 (this price includes p&p)

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Brrrrrrilliant idea.
No suggestions atm
Signed up

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 10, 2012
London
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbe
What a good idea.
How about a page for people to fill in their insurance telephone numbers, ADAC, breakdown, etc.

Also a place to enter details pertaining (mot date, insurance date, etc) to any other vehicles they have with them, scooter,motor bikes, smart cars, etc.

Jan 10, 2012
London
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbe
oops Andy types faster than me...

May 16, 2014
Ammanford
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Exp
since May 2014
Great idea, appreciate your efforts. Maybe a few blank pages for members to record details of favourite aires/wild camping areas

Reactions: Jim
OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Printing using good quality paper you can write on will likely be £3 to £4 minimum and postage will be a similar amount if it comes out larger than "Large Letter" which it probably will. The more subscribers who give us their address the easier it will be to sell a few adverts to cover the costs. But I don't want too much advertising in it, just enough to pay for it.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
We've filled in probably four of your journals Jim and find the book very useful. However, from our perspective, we don't need arrival and departure time. We rarely use routes/remarks. We think the boxes for site facilities could be reduced in size and content and more space given over to 'Observations/Comments'. We don't use 'New Friends' but we do fill in the 'Repair Maintenance" Section but think one box would suffice for Work/Comments etc. The Fuel record does not need the various road types IMO. reading from left to right date, litres, cost per litre, total cost, mileometer and MPG if you wished. We also keep a record of LPG on a spare Fuel page with the layout much the same as the Fuel without the mileage. (y)

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Printing using good quality paper you can write on will likely be £3 to £4 minimum and postage will be a similar amount if it comes out larger than "Large Letter" which it probably will. The more subscribers who give us their address the easier it will be to sell a few adverts to cover the costs. But I don't want too much advertising in it, just enough to pay for it.
I can't see a problem with a small charge ,but that's maybe just a minority view lol... it sounds like a good idea and if it's just to help cover costs I can't see a problem.
Andy

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Visitors book section for people you meet, or have over the van that you want to remember??
Campsites/aires visited that year with details and comments
Jobs to do list (I always create a "winter work List")
Ideas cribbed of other MH's/owners

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
be nice to have a section on the legality of A-frames:eek::eek:
Brian & Jo

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
i spose i walked straight into that Jim:LOL:
Brian & Jo

Paul and Kate

LIFE MEMBER
May 1, 2016
Stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
Auto sleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2015
Or a list of people who have been sent to Coventry or who are likely to be sent to Coventry :whistle:
Form filled in great Idea @Jim

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back