Find Ian the builder a van thread (1 Viewer)

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
So you are saying that if they have been adjusted from LHD they will be flat and therefore will be OK either side of the water. I will check ours next time I park it facing the wall.

Martin
Yes that is right, you should be able to check the beam pattern by shining the headlamps towards a flat vertical surface, I would have said your garage door, but you ain't got one.:xgrin:

Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
The most uplifting thread I have read in a long time, feels like Christmas :xThumb:

Enjoying the journey and he hasn't started it yet :xeek:

Best of luck Ian, take care out there x:-)

Suggest you change your name to Dreambuilder :xsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
ok peeps,,today i got stuff,,,some cleaning stuff,picked up new satnav,,got triangles delivered,and bought breathalisers (ive had a drink so cant spell it) 3 hi vis jackets, got light reflectors,packed all clothes,personals, not gonna bother with new laptop,gonna take this one it works,,couldnt get 3 sim and contract sorted would have to go into norwich or lowestoft,aint got time,,no tv either,,not too bothered though,,i will pick up free wifi where i can and watch some dvds on laptop,, also got a red and white board delivered,,which has to go on before i go because i have bought a bike,,and a cover and a ratchet strap,and a puncture repair kit,and a lock,,refused point blank to buy one of those dodgy helmets though !! I was tempted by all the lycra,shorts and shirts oh and a mask of chris boardman but decided against it,,,,, now tomorrow its off to woolpit to see mum and brother,,then essex on sat for a drink,then the world is my oyster !! oh yes,,got some euros from tescoes,i thought it was a rubbish rate though,1,32 for a quid,,but i wouldnt know !

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
I like your spontaneous nature and wish you well on your travels.
I very envious really, I wish I could take off like you but I`m still a wage slave !
One day maybe..........................

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
I like your spontaneous nature and wish you well on your travels.
I very envious really, I wish I could take off like you but I`m still a wage slave !
One day maybe..........................
figaro,,i am not retired,i have no regular income,i have just made a couple of bob from the sale of my house,i still need to work and i will be working wherever i can,,we all need money mate ,the reason i am doing this is because when i sat and thought about my life,no matter how much i made every year,good or bad,i couldnt see myself being any better off ,,so if i have a year travelling spain,france,germany,etc i will work as i go ,if i get any that is,,but i do know that bricklayers in germany are getting good money now,so i might end up taking helga to her homeland to see some relatives !! But the overiding factor for me figaro is,,LIFES NOT ALL ABOUT THE MONEY MATE !!

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Has anybody got one of them code thingys for the ferry to bilbao from portsmouth,,,?? or should i book through c and cc ? basically how do i get the best deal ?

Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
Just a thought here, are you aware of the Dartford Tunnel pre-payment charge before you get there, I am assuming that you will be going that way.

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Just a thought here, are you aware of the Dartford Tunnel pre-payment charge before you get there, I am assuming that you will be going that way.[
Why should i forget that? was it b...ll..ks or what?? lol

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Ian just a thought but Do you will need work permits or is that for outside EU?

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
figaro,,i am not retired,i have no regular income,i have just made a couple of bob from the sale of my house,i still need to work and i will be working wherever i can,,we all need money mate ,the reason i am doing this is because when i sat and thought about my life,no matter how much i made every year,good or bad,i couldnt see myself being any better off ,,so if i have a year travelling spain,france,germany,etc i will work as i go ,if i get any that is,,but i do know that bricklayers in germany are getting good money now,so i might end up taking helga to her homeland to see some relatives !! But the overiding factor for me figaro is,,LIFES NOT ALL ABOUT THE MONEY MATE !!

Germany? You only had to pick up some work in London....such a shortage of tradesmen you can make bundles!

Dec 18, 2010
Norfolk.
Funster No
MH
Autotrail cheyenne
Exp
2008-20??
Ian just a thought buy yourself a compass so your always heading South.Actually very usefull,

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Ian just a thought buy yourself a compass so your always heading South.Actually very usefull,
Well mr ed i have been thinking about this,,if i drive off the ferry in bilbao,and turn right,assuming i keep the sea on my right shoulder i should end up going into portugal,then down to gib,then along to the costas...lol

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
Bon Voyage, Ian. If you can find enough McDonalds on the way then you can keep us all posted via their free wi-fi. There are a lot of people on this site that want to hear about your adventures!

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Bon Voyage, Ian. If you can find enough McDonalds on the way then you can keep us all posted via their free wi-fi. There are a lot of people on this site that want to hear about your adventures!
I havnt given up on the internet thingy,,i went to carphone warehouse today and they couldnt help me but 3 store was too far away,,maybe tomorrow nr my brothers nr bury st edmunds i could get sorted? but then i am in clacton area on sat so i will still have a look !!! I rang my provider today EE but i think they were expensive,,maybe not you tell me,,they want four quid a day for 500 mg but that includes free calls and texts for that one day...maybe its not bad if i only do it one day a week and try to get free wifi on other days,,what do you think of that,,,,unlimited calls,,texts,,500mg of intnt for £4 per day whatever day i use it?? that is on top of my 35 per mth contract..

ianandkath

Free Member
Jun 4, 2015
spain/uk
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
2 years
good luck ian and happy trails.
may see you in spain next year sometime