Find Ian the builder a van thread (1 Viewer)

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Once everything has calmed down a bit, please remember to put a garden spade and fork on board and, if possible, an axe... just in case you decide to visit QMJ.

(Don't worry too much if you forget... you could always borrow mine.)

As a builder, what are your log cabin construction skills like?

JJ :xcool:

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Problem you now have is no address to post things to, not really sure how the online currency bit works, but simplest might just be pop into a post office for euros, the rate is pretty much the same wherever you end up getting them, unless you plan on taking 10's of thousands in cash get them wherever, except maybe the port :)

We have a couple of adaptors for the LPG, I haven't read everything about your new beast yet but presume you have refillable bottles or a tank, lot of posters on here say you can normally borrow an adaptor at most outlets, they want to sell you the gas at the end of the day

Have fun

Mother Ship

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2011
Jersey
Funster No
MH
Pilote 626D
Exp
Since 1986
This thread is best thing I've read in ages, fast moving and such a sense of community -Thank You Ian! Good luck and remember what this bird with big legs says!!
61703-This-Journey-Is-Yours-Enjoy-Each-And-Every-Step.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Another name for her @ianthebuilder would be Henrietta the Hymer, Hen for short as....

a hen is a big bird - and in Scotland calling a woman "Hen" is a bit of a compliment.... but it can be used in other circumstances:

"Hen, in common with love, dear, etc, is not always uttered in friendly tones when used as a form of address. A woman is likely to be greeted with a hostile “Thanks, hen,” if she has unwittingly or intentionally upset someone. Her failure to give a big enough tip (a serious offence) may elicit such a response."

so when the rare times come when Henrietta isn't being a good girl it is still apt.

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Congratulations Ian, I hope you and the van will be very happy together. Wishing you many happy miles and smooth roads.

Next important thing is your Mifi and sim. As you may struggle to get things posted to you in time (e.g the All the Aires book), the best thing for finding places to stay is the Camper Contact app. You need Internet initially to download it but once off the Internet or no signal you can use it to find an Aire. It does work better though if you have wifi. This would be my recommendation anyway.

As soon as you get the mifi and sim sorted one of us can send you a link to download the app.

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Once everything has calmed down a bit, please remember to put a garden spade and fork on board and, if possible, an axe... just in case you decide to visit QMJ.

(Don't worry too much if you forget... you could always borrow mine.)

As a builder, what are your log cabin construction skills like?

JJ :xcool:
Never built one jj,,cant be harder than building a traditional brick house though!! just cleaner thats all !lol

Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Just an idea how about getting a dover crossing then popping into Johns Cross motorhomes and buying tv and other bits you need ? They have all the goodies you could need and have a good reputation and offer funster discount. I must say I havnt realy used them myself but only read good things of them I would imagine buy a tv and a chair few other bits they cant refuse to help set it up for you can they ?

I must say its great enjoying your excitment and enthusiasm please keep posting

Apr 14, 2008
Cromer norfolk
Funster No
MH
Bailey approach 745
Exp
since 2002
Norwich camping at Blofield for your chairs and most other bits you need,
Not sure about the Spanish gas adapter though.
Have a great time and safe journey.
Steve

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Just an idea how about getting a dover crossing then popping into Johns Cross motorhomes and buying tv and other bits you need ? They have all the goodies you could need and have a good reputation and offer funster discount. I must say I havnt realy used them myself but only read good things of them I would imagine buy a tv and a chair few other bits they cant refuse to help set it up for you can they ?

I must say its great enjoying your excitment and enthusiasm please keep posting
that sounds like a good idea porkster me old son !!

mick noe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Apr 14, 2009
near Boston Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
low line
Exp
why not give yourself a little more time in England and let the dust settle, get to know the motorhome, and also find out what you need ? By the way the first thing I do before leaving for a holiday is remove the tv! may as well stop at home and watch it! All the best for your new adventure do your own thing mate.

Floydster

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 21, 2013
Where ever I lay my hat
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A lifetime

And don't forget your 10% Funsters discount:xThumb:

Glad to see you've got sorted, all the best on your travels.

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
R
@ianthebuilder, I have a spare unused set of Gaslow continental adapters in my garage (somewhere) that you are welcome to collect.
We are 8 miles east of Stowmarket if you are in the area after midday tomorrow (Thursday).

Richard.
Fantastic offer Richard I will pm you later if that's ok and get postcode. I'm having numerous cups of tea at the moment and a rew reflective moments of a life gone by ! Lol.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Don't forget your V5 as well.

You need it if you need repairs done in France as I found out a few years ago.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back