European Vets that have issued EU Pet Passports to Brits since Brexit (2 Viewers)

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Did you need a French address, and did you have to register your dog on I-cad?
No used my UK address and didn't register on a I-cad as far as am aware. What is a I-cad.
[/QUOTE]
That's excellent. I-cad is the French national database for pet animals. As a non-resident there should be no need to register on I-cad but many vets are making it a condition of issuing a pet passport.

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Did they transfer your Rabies info, seems very cheap if they did a Rabies jab too?
Transferred Rabies info good until end of 2025
[/QUOTE]
For transferred rabies vaccination, just check what date the vet entered on page 6.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Phil Spectrum

Free Member
Feb 2, 2023
Newcastle upon TOON
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
since 2019
Veterinary Practice Ablufeire. Portugal
500m from the only, and great campsite in Ablufeire.

Walk in. Pet passport 30euros.
UK rabies jab transferred across.
Prescription for emergency epi meds 2euros, which only cost 9euro from the pharmacy. Same pack over 70 quid in UK with prescription.
2 Nov 23
All good. Phil n Luna

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Thanks for the heads-up and pleased to be able to recommend these vets.
Used this morning and no complaints.
Passport issued with vaccine info recorded signed and stamped.
Worming done and recorded on AHC.
Just make sure the chip date is the implantation date and not the reading date (ie NOT today).

Stevil74

Free Member
Dec 29, 2022
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
We've just got a passport for our Border Collie at the vets in Oisemont https://www.veterinaireoisemont.fr/ . They have an English speaking vet from Belgium called Karen who looks after all the English.

We had to have another Rabies jab as she couldnt accept our UK one. It all came to €68 including the Rabies jab, her doing the passport paperwork and the application fee.

They can do next day appointments but you have to book by phone or in person, there isn't an online booking system.

• Informative
Reactions: maz
OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
We've just got a passport for our Border Collie at the vets in Oisemont https://www.veterinaireoisemont.fr/ . They have an English speaking vet from Belgium called Karen who looks after all the English.

We had to have another Rabies jab as she couldnt accept our UK one. It all came to €68 including the Rabies jab, her doing the passport paperwork and the application fee.

They can do next day appointments but you have to book by phone or in person, there isn't an online booking system.
Was the 'application fee' for I-cad registration?

Stevil74

Free Member
Dec 29, 2022
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Thanks, I'll add your vet to my list. It's so much easier if they issue the Pet Passport before I-cad registration is actually done. (y)
She gave me a copy of the I-cad registration form as well in case there are any problems with the electronic application.

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
She gave me a copy of the I-cad registration form as well in case there are any problems with the electronic application.
Once you've got hold of the Pet Passport the I-cad registration is irrelevant unless you are a French resident. You do not need it to cross borders.

Dec 17, 2016
Malvern
Funster No
MH
Hymer B525 2006 A cl
Exp
maz Tashi has now got his European pet passport from:
Small animal vets in Letterkenny Co Donegal

Cost €40 for the PP and the vet transferred over the information regarding all previous rabies vaccinations correctly with date of microchip being insertion date not the date it was read.

I did compare prices with a vet in Derry who are on a government list of vets in the North who can issue European Pet Passports but they said Tashi would have to have a repeat rabies jab which immunologically wasn't required. This would have cost £100 so also more expensive.

I used my mother in law's address in Derry.
He wasn't put on iCad as far as I am aware

Shame they don't have a photo booth on site - will have to add that later! :giggle:

Reactions: maz
OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
maz Tashi has now got his European pet passport from:
Small animal vets in Letterkenny Co Donegal

Cost €40 for the PP and the vet transferred over the information regarding all previous rabies vaccinations correctly with date of microchip being insertion date not the date it was read.

I did compare prices with a vet in Derry who are on a government list of vets in the North who can issue European Pet Passports but they said Tashi would have to have a repeat rabies jab which immunologically wasn't required. This would have cost £100 so also more expensive.

I used my mother in law's address in Derry.
He wasn't put on iCad as far as I am aware

Shame they don't have a photo booth on site - will have to add that later! :giggle:
Well done! (y)

I-cad is just in France. In theory Irish vets are supposed to check that the dog is registered on one of the four Irish pet databases, but it really has no relevance unless you live in Ireland. Again, it is not needed to cross borders.

Nov 27, 2023
Funster No
MH
just looking
Has anyone been to a vet near Bluffy/Annecy where this has been done please?

AL Cox

Free Member
Jan 6, 2024
Funster No
MH
just looking
Any vets in Ireland preferably to the south because we are hoping to go to Cork to stay with family and going to see the ones in Co Donegal will be an extra 4 hours.

Bolti

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 13, 2017
Hondon Valley and the Kellets
Funster No
MH
Rapido V43
Exp
Since 2015
Any vets in Ireland preferably to the south because we are hoping to go to Cork to stay with family and going to see the ones in Co Donegal will be an extra 4 hours.
I think the easiest way would be look up vets on Google maps then ring them for advice.

Oct 4, 2021
Bristol, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Advance 66-2
Exp
Since Sept ‘21.
I think the easiest way would be look up vets on Google maps then ring them for advice.
Surely the point of this (very helpful) thread is to save people having to do just that?

Oct 4, 2021
Bristol, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Advance 66-2
Exp
Since Sept ‘21.
Eh no 😞. Read the OP and as you say helpful thread. The information is there 😏.
I’m confused - I thought AL Cox was asking for recommendations of vets in the south of Ireland who could issue a passport? Sorry if I’ve missed the point!

AL Cox

Free Member
Jan 6, 2024
Funster No
MH
just looking
That is what I was asking about. There is one reference to a vet in Cork but I wondered if there was any more recent advice.

Oct 20, 2023
Scotland, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
I’m confused - I thought AL Cox was asking for recommendations of vets in the south of Ireland who could issue a passport? Sorry if I’ve missed the point!
[/QUOT
That is what I was asking about. There is one reference to a vet in Cork but I wondered if there was any more recent advice.
Read the OP 😇. The thread is for posting info on vets used as a reference 😏.
If you want more information I suggest you do so in your own post 👍.

Oct 20, 2023
Scotland, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Boaty Maybe cut the guy some slack? He is new here (as are you). :Smile:

AL Cox It should not be difficult to find a vet in Ireland to issue a Pet Passport. They have been issued with a directive on exactly how to do it, which I will try to track down for you.
You're thread Maz 😇. Bit off thread now? 😏.

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Common sense prevails. When this thread was started back in 2021 obtaining an EU Pet Passport was quite a novelty, and vets that had issued them were few and far between. Now it has become commonplace.

AL Cox

Free Member
Jan 6, 2024
Funster No
MH
just looking
Thanks for the responses and the guidance. I had already read the guidance and the whole thread but I was just looking for a recommendation which I thought was ok.

Oct 4, 2021
Bristol, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Advance 66-2
Exp
Since Sept ‘21.

Thanks for the responses and the guidance. I had already read the guidance and the whole thread but I was just looking for a recommendation which I thought was ok.
As Maz said, I think this thread was originally intended to be a simple listing of cooperating vets, but it has meandered along the way! Please don’t be put off.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back