European Vets that have issued EU Pet Passports to Brits since Brexit (3 Viewers)

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
ellementary - you mention you have friends in Belgium - could you not use their address to satisfy the residency question?

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
hi friends! greetings from singapore! my dog and i are visiting the EU soon and i’m thinking an eu passport will make future travel loads easier. but may i check if the vets in belgium still offer to issue the eu pp when we get there?

i had emailed the stephan peten clinic this week, and he said he can only issue the pp if i have a resident address in belgium. (this is also what my friend who lives in belgium told me their vets say too.) just wondering if that’s just something the vets have to officially say on black and white, but showing up and asking for the pp yields our desired results. i’m willing to visit any clinic in belgium for that precious blue document! thanks for the advice. :)
Hi. There will be no problem obtaining an EU Pet Passport from the vet in the thread that you quoted - Dierenarts de Rycke. She fully understands the system and knows that there is no legal requirement for residency, unlike a lot of other vets who blindly quote the requirements for resident dogs without giving it any real thought.

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
hi friends! greetings from singapore! my dog and i are visiting the EU soon and i’m thinking an eu passport will make future travel loads easier. but may i check if the vets in belgium still offer to issue the eu pp when we get there?

i had emailed the stephan peten clinic this week, and he said he can only issue the pp if i have a resident address in belgium. (this is also what my friend who lives in belgium told me their vets say too.) just wondering if that’s just something the vets have to officially say on black and white, but showing up and asking for the pp yields our desired results. i’m willing to visit any clinic in belgium for that precious blue document! thanks for the advice. :)
See my map in the signature below. There is an excellent vet in Maisiers

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 28, 2024
Funster No
MH
still shopping
Hi. There will be no problem obtaining an EU Pet Passport from the vet in the thread that you quoted - Dierenarts de Rycke. She fully understands the system and knows that there is no legal requirement for residency, unlike a lot of other vets who blindly quote the requirements for resident dogs without giving it any real thought.
thank you sooo much for confirming! this will be helpful since we stay months at a time every year. :)

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
Thanks for the thread and tip Maz.

Our 2 have just got there passports sorted from her in Bruges. Very good price indeed.

Cost us €170 for the 2 dogs including 3 year vaccine, worming tablet and passports. She also filled in the AHC just in case we had a problem with the passports but all looks good.

We paid €110 just for the worming last year in Bayeaux and £90 just for the vaccine for one of the dogs at home a few months back so we are very happy.

She speaks excellent English and was very good, booked appointment via email with no issues at all.

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011

Our 2 have just got there passports sorted from her in Bruges. Very good price indeed.

Cost us €170 for the 2 dogs including 3 year vaccine, worming tablet and passports. She also filled in the AHC just in case we had a problem with the passports but all looks good.

We paid €110 just for the worming last year in Bayeaux and £90 just for the vaccine for one of the dogs at home a few months back so we are very happy.

She speaks excellent English and was very good, booked appointment via email with no issues at all.
Yes, Lieve gets rave reviews. (y) And if she can do it so could other vets in Belgium .....

Apr 15, 2022
Funster No
MH
Swift Histyle 640

Good to know, we are heading over this may and hoping to get a passport on the way back, we used her for worming last year, i presume its all pretty straight forward and nothing to catch us out?

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
Good to know, we are heading over this may and hoping to get a passport on the way back, we used her for worming last year, i presume its all pretty straight forward and nothing to catch us out?
Nothing to catch you out at all. I only wish we knew about her sooner. Just turn up with your AHC when worming is due and sorted.

She just transferred all the necessary, filled in the passports, gave the tablets and jab and we signed the passports, done.

Mar 11, 2013
Gillingham
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
Is Buchy still the best price for repatriation? I remember when they only charged 8€ before covid and Brexit.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Is Buchy still the best price for repatriation? I remember when they only charged 8€ before covid and Brexit.
Yes, we were there on 29/3/24 and it only cost us €25 for the standard consultation, we provided our own tablets (Drontal tasty bones bought off the internet). We always use them if they are on/near our route back.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

Strewth, I'm pleased your happy with that vet but that's expensive IMV! :whatthe:

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
Yes, we were there on 29/3/24 and it only cost us €25 for the standard consultation, we provided our own tablets (Drontal tasty bones bought off the internet). We always use them if they are on/near our route back.
We found a place in a small Alpine village called Guillestre which was €27 including tablets. Used Bayeux last year which was €110 for both dogs. 😮‍💨

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
Strewth, I'm pleased your happy with that vet but that's expensive IMV! :whatthe:
I paid £127 for a rabies vaccine and passport for my older dog 7 years ago in the UK. She had a booster in the UK at the start of the year that was £90.

She had a wound closure last year after cutting her chest, that was £1010.

I couldn’t be happier at €170 for 2 dogs wormed, jabbed and passports sorted.

As said above, I paid over €100 for the worming last year.

Am I too easily pleased? Could I have got it much cheaper elsewhere? I really have no idea and my language skills are terrible, as soon as it gets past an almond croissant with a baguette please, I usually falter badly. :-(

Aug 4, 2016
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Since 2003
I paid £127 for a rabies vaccine and passport for my older dog 7 years ago in the UK. She had a booster in the UK at the start of the year that was £90.

She had a wound closure last year after cutting her chest, that was £1010.

I couldn’t be happier at €170 for 2 dogs wormed, jabbed and passports sorted.

As said above, I paid over €100 for the worming last year.

Am I too easily pleased? Could I have got it much cheaper elsewhere? I really have no idea and my language skills are terrible, as soon as it gets past an almond croissant with a baguette please, I usually falter badly. :-(
I thought that rabies booster in the eu pet passport has to be done with eu vet not uk.
Just had Lulu done yesterday €30 here in benidorm rincon

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
I thought that rabies booster in the eu pet passport has to be done with eu vet not uk.
Just had Lulu done yesterday €30 here in benidorm rincon
You are correct, I had it done again to comply with requirements.

May 10, 2023
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail
Exp
Since 2002
Having had our European Pet Passport issued to us by a vet in La Zenia a month ago (post #251), we took our little dog to a vets in Burgos yesterday for it's pre-travel checkup and worming tablet. The vet raised an eyebrow when presented with the Passport, saying it should only be issued to Spain residents. It's surprising how opinions vary. Anyway, she completed the Pet Passport and also the (rediscovered) AHC and only charged €15. That's all that matters really.

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
Having had our European Pet Passport issued to us by a vet in La Zenia a month ago (post #251), we took our little dog to a vets in Burgos yesterday for it's pre-travel checkup and worming tablet. The vet raised an eyebrow when presented with the Passport, saying it should only be issued to Spain residents. It's surprising how opinions vary. Anyway, she completed the Pet Passport and also the (rediscovered) AHC and only charged €15. That's all that matters really.
Our dogs are Belgian Mallinois and a Belgian Shepard. They now have Belgian passports. Argue with that! 😂

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Vet details please :giggle:

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
We have just obtained a passport for Charlie at Castro Verde, Portugal, without any problems

Vanessa Plantier,
R. de Fialho de Almeida 26, 7780-190 Castro Verde
tel. 962706969
Cost €85 including three year rabies vaccination
IMG_1791.jpeg

Sep 20, 2018
York, UK
Funster No
MH
elddis 196
Exp
since 2017
Hi folks, i'm planning on taking my dog to france in june, so could someone please explain the process of getting a pet passport for her

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
Hi folks, i'm planning on taking my dog to france in june, so could someone please explain the process of getting a pet passport for her
It’s as simple as emailing the vet, asking for a passport and rabies jab and turn up.

We did ours on the way home so they had a worming tablet as well which was required to return.

You will need an AHC to travel out.

Apr 24, 2024
Funster No
MH
bessacarr 494
No one ??
The vet in Calpe issued Spanish passports for our dogs. I cannot remember the address but easy to find. Red shopfront 500m from supermarket that’s near McDonald on main road heading towards the mountains on left side.
They said the dogs would need rabies administered in Europe which they did. They were happy campsite as an address.
When their rabies run out a French vet was happy to administer and stamp passport. UK vets cannot do this.
Sadly we have just lost one of our dogs so will need to try and find a French vet.
Eurotunnel said there is a vet in Calais will do issue them
Anyone know who this is?
Lee

Jan 2, 2022
North Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Since 2019
We use Jorge Garvi at Clinica Polo Pico Pata in Pinar de Campoverde.
€65 for pet passport, Spanish registration fee & Rabies injection.
€20 for consultation & worming tablet.

Jorge speaks good English & we've never had a problem getting an appointment.

Dirección. Avda. del Pino, nº 59 ; Núcleo Urbano. Pinar de Campoverde ; Actividad. Mascotas ; Teléfono Establecimiento. 966263563 ; E-mail. jorgegarvi@hotmail.com ...

Reactions: maz
Jun 17, 2019
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky Ti 650 MG
Exp
6 years
Hi Folks,
Picked up the Animal Health Certificate from Abbeywells in Folkestone yesterday, prompt at 10 a.m totally painless and we parked in the car park at the rear of their practice without a problem, we had arrived at about 8.00 a.m but that was largely due to the fact that from where we live we need to leave early to avoid the traffic around the M25 at Heathrow etc!
We then went via the Channel Tunnel and arrived in Bruges and stopped over.
Appointment this morning at 8.45 at diernartsderyke vets where I met the vet, Lieve, she was absolutely brilliant, spoke perfect English. 3 year Rabies jab and passport completed. She assured me she had completed several for English people.
Cost was 77€, tapeworm treatment not needed as we are travelling on and not returning until June.
I parked in the nearby Lidl and it was a 15 minute walk to her practice.
I would point out that there is ample parking outside her practice and in the general area, plenty of room for motorhomes. She did tell me she had neglected to put that on her web site,
If I had have known it would have saved me the walk through the snow and rain, my fellow funsters can benefit from my experience!
We don’t return to the UK until June so I will use the new passport then, with the AHC as a back up but I honestly don’t imagine there will be a problem.
Another vote for Dierenarts Vets in Brugge. Dr Lieve De Ryke is the vet. She owns the practice and she was absolutely fantastic with our cat, Ned last Autumn. She also speaks perfect English. In October 2023, she did a 3 year rabies jab for Ned, then issued his passport using our UK address. No issues at all with that. We had the passport checked by the officials at the French Eurotunnel port on our return trip from Brugge (even though Ned was still covered by the AHC for that trip) just to be sure all was OK and they confirmed all was good with the passport. We have since used the passport on a trip to France and Spain in March and again, all was good. We went out via Eurotunnel and back via Britanny Ferries from Bilbao and neither pet passport inspectors raised any concerns whatsoever with his passport. We simply scanned his chip, showed the passport and went straight through. We will schedule another trip to Brugge in October 2026 for his booster; a great excuse to go to Brugge again! :) As others have commented, there is ample room to park a motorhome in a layby just around the corner from the vet in a residential area. It's then a five minute walk to the vet. Address is Barrierestraat 10, 8200 St Michiels, Brugge. Tel: 050 392679. Ned looked quite shocked to be told he was now a Belgian National. :)

Ned with Passport-1.jpg

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
The vet in Calpe issued Spanish passports for our dogs. I cannot remember the address but easy to find. Red shopfront 500m from supermarket that’s near McDonald on main road heading towards the mountains on left side.
They said the dogs would need rabies administered in Europe which they did. They were happy campsite as an address.
When their rabies run out a French vet was happy to administer and stamp passport. UK vets cannot do this.
Sadly we have just lost one of our dogs so will need to try and find a French vet.
Eurotunnel said there is a vet in Calais will do issue them
Anyone know who this is?
Lee

That'll be this one then, one for ceejayt 👍

IMG_4511.jpeg
IMG_4514.png

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.