European Vets that have issued EU Pet Passports to Brits since Brexit (3 Viewers)

Oct 20, 2023
Scotland, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
As Maz said, I think this thread was originally intended to be a simple listing of cooperating vets, but it has meandered along the way! Please don’t be put off.
I am disappointed with the meandering as you rightly describe the flow. Personally I valued and used the experiences of others and ultimately endorsed one.
I travelled to a recommended vet rather than looked for one in my area. Perhaps a different perspective 😏.
Kind regards 👍 🐕🇫🇷

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
For the more geographically challenged :LOL: I have created a map of the vet locations mentioned in tis thread. No guarantee they still do and all I have done for speed is to add the name of the vet and the city - will leave you to google the rest.

Currently there are 33 vets on the list. If you have more that I can add then please just provide in text the name of the vet, the city and the country and I will add them on. I hope you find it a useful resource. You can zoom, scroll and get directions directly from the map.

The map is CLICK HERE

Screenshot of the map as well...

Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 19.58.04.png

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
The Alvor vet is at 37.128079,-8.590037
If you want to position it spot on.
Thanks for the map.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 20, 2023
Scotland, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
For the more geographically challenged :LOL: I have created a map of the vet locations mentioned in tis thread. No guarantee they still do and all I have done for speed is to add the name of the vet and the city - will leave you to google the rest.

Currently there are 33 vets on the list. If you have more that I can add then please just provide in text the name of the vet, the city and the country and I will add them on. I hope you find it a useful resource. You can zoom, scroll and get directions directly from the map.

The map is CLICK HERE

Screenshot of the map as well...

View attachment 862646
Thanks for the contribution 👍

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
Clínica Veterinaria Roldán

Avenida de Murcia 28, 30709 Roldan

Mar 12, 2021
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
carthago e line 64xl
Exp
We used benivets in benicassim it is opposite the old mercadona whilst there over Christmas 120 Euros for passport,3 years rabies and worming tablets along with some treats. The other vet there would only give us a 1 year rabies injection.

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
We used benivets in benicassim it is opposite the old mercadona whilst there over Christmas 120 Euros for passport,3 years rabies and worming tablets along with some treats. The other vet there would only give us a 1 year rabies injection.
Added to the map - see link in my signature below - thanks

Sep 8, 2020
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape
Exp
Since 2020
Vet in Arras, Pas-de-Calais, France

CLINIQUE VETERINAIRE RONVILLE​

Broken Link Removed: Ronville, 78 Av. Fernand Lobbedez, Arras, 62000, France

Broken Link Removed: Broken Link Removed

We've used this vet several times in the past to do the worming for our dog, and this time (Aug 2021) we called him and asked if he could do a Euro Passport for Barney. We were around 3 hours drive away and he agreed to stay after his closing ours (11am LOL) for us the next day.

We were originally concerned having heard that the French Gov had instructed Vets not to issue EU passports unless the animal had been in France 3 months +. The vet said that was nonsense - and to be honest, I suspect he will do whatever he believes to be correct (within the law/rules) anyway. This vet seemed very sympathetic to the situation Brits are facing when travelling with pets.

He did the worming and transferred the necessary information from the UK passport to a new French passport for €63 all in. He also completed and signed/stamped the AHC we went out to France on (just in case there was a problem at Eurotunnel).

This vets location is very convenient being close to Calais and also directly across the road from a Leclerc supermarket car park which also has a Gas Station. We find it useful on the way home as we can get the dog wormed, then either stay in Arras or head up to Gravelines for an overnight and get on a train just over 24 hours later (min for the worming before travel).

HTH
Hi can you tell me if you’ve used this vet recently and if will give 3 year rabies booster. Travelling to Calais in May en route to Ypres have French passport for dog but want to get 3 year rabies.

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Hi can you tell me if you’ve used this vet recently and if will give 3 year rabies booster. Travelling to Calais in May en route to Ypres have French passport for dog but want to get 3 year rabies.
It shouldn’t be a problem - any vet should be able to give the booster and pop it in the passport

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013

We used this vet in Ypres last October,about €30 for a 3 year booster,parking outside 👍

IMG_4362.jpeg

May 5, 2015
Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2010
Just used the vet a few minutes walk from Camping Albufeira, rabies info from Dec last year transferred, in and out in 20 mins for the princely sum of 30 euros, including a quick nip of the dew claws. Really nice people and obviously used to it.
They asked if I was on vacation to which I replied yes, and I now notice they they have entered my UK address, not sure if this will be an issue.

Reactions: maz
OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Just used the vet a few minutes walk from Camping Albufeira, rabies info from Dec last year transferred, in and out in 20 mins for the princely sum of 30 euros, including a quick nip of the dew claws. Really nice people and obviously used to it.
They asked if I was on vacation to which I replied yes, and I now notice they they have entered my UK address, not sure if this will be an issue.
UK address not an issue. With transferred rabies vaccination the main thing to check is the date entered on the microchip number page - needs to be same as or before the rabies vaccination date.

May 5, 2015
Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2010
UK address not an issue. With transferred rabies vaccination the main thing to check is the date entered on the microchip number page - needs to be same as or before the rabies vaccination date.
Thanks, I will check, but she did ask me if the chip was done before the jab, so should all be good. On this trip I have the AHC as backup.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Thanks, I will check, but she did ask me if the chip was done before the jab, so should all be good. On this trip I have the AHC as backup.
The AHC will only be good for your return but if the date is wrong for the chip in the PP it will be useless so make sure it is correct and use it to return to the UK instead of the AHC.

Nov 1, 2023
Funster No
MH
Benimar 202

Clinica Veterinaria EL Rincon AV. Doctor Severo Ochoa, 26​

Used this one in Benidorm last week - happy to issue a EU Pet Passport .

Apr 24, 2012
Worcester
Funster No
MH
RMB Concorde
Exp
Since 2010
When we first got our PP I got the AHC signed to return but asked at desk if she would kindly check the PP. Which she did. Her OK Gave me the confidence to use it!

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
Got a Portuguese passport here last year for €45 including 1 year rabies (only 1 year due to previous allergic reaction). Great English speaking vets, walking distance from Parchal motorhome aire or Lidl.

R. Sérgio Nunes 26 R/C esquerdo, 8400-625 Parchal, Portugal

We have also used them for rabies booster (3 year) and dental treatment under general and would highly recommend.

IMG_2753.png

IMG_2752.png

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
Got a Portuguese passport here last year for €45 including 1 year rabies (only 1 year due to previous allergic reaction). Great English speaking vets, walking distance from Parchal motorhome aire or Lidl.

We have also used them for rabies booster (3 year) and dental treatment under general and would highly recommend.

View attachment 868028

View attachment 868029

That's really strange as everything I've read says that the three and one year vacciations are the same,only thing different is the label on the bottle 🤔 Maybe Aireworth can clarify this?

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
That's really strange as everything I've read says that the three and one year vacciations are the same,only thing different is the label on the bottle 🤔 Maybe Aireworth can clarify this?
You are absolutely right but we were being extra cautious and have since found that out. Not sure what actually caused the reaction (swollen face and head and irritation) but that was the only change and severe. She’s been fine with the two injections since.

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Flexi tickets are good if you have to make a last minute alteration but when you need a pet friendly cabin for our cat as we do, then simply changing to the next ship isn't likely unless you are very lucky.
Last year we came back from Alvor in early June and I checked their site, no pet friendly cabins for the whole of June, so the long drive through France.
Its a pity they won't allow cats to stay in the vehicles if all the pet cabins have gone, ours has her own dirt box and its easy to leave enough food and water for 24 hours.

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
UK address shouldn't be a problem - ours has that

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004

View attachment 868028

View attachment 868029
Added to the map

• Thanks
Reactions: Ven
Nov 26, 2014
Never on the wrong road ......
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2014, before that 20 years of boating & caravanning
We enquired about a PP in La Herradura - the Vet said new rules meant the dog owner had to produce their NIE, then the Vet had to apply to the Town Hall for approval before they could supply a PP. Costs 25€ for regn at the town hall & 25€ for the Vet for the PP. Takes 7-10 days. They are happy to transfer over rabies details.

May 5, 2015
Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2010
The vet I used, a 10 min walk from Camping Albufeira is:
Veterinary clinic Albufeira
Beco da Cocheira
8200-316 Albufeira
Portugal
Really good service, even for a rather bouncy 33kg Rhodesian Ridgeback puppy who leaves carnage in his trail :ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back