Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Mar 24, 2010
stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
relay lwb pvc
Exp
6 years
I am after a battery for a A S Bikes Electrobike that I bought off a member on here a few days ago that turns out to be duff. Anyone had a replacement one ?

Sep 25, 2009
south yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2004. Tugger 10 years on and off
Have a look in the Ebike section.Im sure there's a thread that shows how you can send your battery of for refurbishment

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I am after a battery for a A S Bikes Electrobike that I bought off a member on here a few days ago that turns out to be duff. Anyone had a replacement one ?
Depends on how handy you are..
If not very then it is AS Bikes you should speak to... if you are up for a bit of modifying jigging, eBay as you will get one 1/2 the costthat will be close, and fit the frame/carrier but you might have to mod the plug in bit

May 29, 2014
southampton
Funster No
MH
A frame
Exp
since 1985
I had my battery fitted who new cells by Company recommended by AS bikes. £260 inc new upgraded charger
They where in Corby sorry don't have more details available seem to remember they

we're motorsaver - or similar

Last edited:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
We had our batteries re done and upgraded with new cells last year they are working well. £140 each. Pm me if you need any further information

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
You may find the battery costs more to buy than the value of the bike. There are new electric bikes from around £299.

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
That actually doesn't look too bad for the money but range is very limited.
I think paying more would be worthwhile to get greater range and reliability

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
That actually doesn't look too bad for the money but range is very limited.
I think paying more would be worthwhile to get greater range and reliability

It depends what you want from a bike. Its ideal for occasional use and to get to the shops.
If you want a bike for distance and heavier use then maybe a higher spec bike would be better.

Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior

Did the seller on here tell you the battery was duff when you bought it as if not this is not what I would expect from a fellow member selling something I would expect them too be 100% honest unlike ebay

Justamil

Free Member
Aug 20, 2017
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Low line Coachbuilt
Exp
30 years
I am the person who sold Chris the AS bike. It was fully working when sold to Chris and demonstrated. Chris was offered to test ride it in our quiet cul-de sac and declined. We ran through the procedure to start the bike i.e. key positions and handlebar controls. Chris seemed to just want to load the bike in his car and go. He said he had had an electric bike before and understood them. I also gave him the AS bike manual sheet.

I would never sell a faulty product.
I have sent Chris a pm asking if he has switched the battery on properly, but have not received a reply yet.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back