Does anyone else think their motorhoming in France has finished. (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Follow up on my original post in this thread , chaser Emmit ,
Phoned Eurotunnel today , told a slight porky pie , that my dog had passed away so could I , get a refund on price paid for the dog on our june ticket . (£40) . told no problem ,refund to my credit card ) , so I dropped into the conversation that I didn't think we would be able to go on this trip due to only having had 1 covid vaccination & the high rates of covid over in France , & would they be able to extend my ticket in some way or do I just lose my £219 (mostly in Tesco vouchers) . Too my surprise he said he would look into it & let me know in the next 14 days if they could give me credit note for the value to use at a later date , Keeping my fingers crossed !!!
Pays to ask , will let you know the 3rd installment as and when .
Terry FIDGET
Brilliant mate , keep at them they can't take money for something they havnt provided.
Made up for you mate (y) :sun:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

Does anyone else think their motorhoming in France has finished.​

It would appear that you asked about other people’s motorhoming in France by using the term “their”.
I am pretty certain that we’ll be back to France before too long. My wife hasn’t seen our son for coming up to a year now.
By heck there's gonna be a lot of washing waiting for her to do !!!! :rofl:

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
If anyone is in the ??? (or not) the same boat as us,
We had a trip to Spain booked last Winter but that went the way of the World because of????

We weren't allowed a refund. We weren't allowed a voucher. We had to rebook using the value of the tickets already in BF's hand. (We had an Eco. ticket which didn't allow amendments or transfers but again, because of COVID, they've had to allow it.)
We altered our tickets. We booked for Spain, outbound only, October 2021. We booked a Return to France May 2021. Guess what, That went to the wall not before we rebooked and moved it once again for September.
KEEP UP AT THE BACK!!!

We don't want to go to France in Sept. It's a lovely country but we don't fancy being under the rule of Monsewer Mackerill with his curfews etc. not to mention their alarming infection rates.

We already have the outbound for Spain at the end of October, courtesy of last years Non Trip.
We can't book the return because the Winter Schedule isn't out until July.

We are hoping to book the return from Spain from the September booking to France.

We have now been given the 'Golden Ticket' by Her Maj's Gov.'s edict on the 26th March.

We cannot travel to France in September because it has been decreed that the over 70's have to have a booster to our given COVID jabs. It could be argued that to travel without that booster could rule our travel Insurance invalid and, as I understand it, the EU will demand that we have such Insurance before we are allowed to set foot in their territory.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
If anyone is in the ??? (or not) the same boat as us,
We had a trip to Spain booked last Winter but that went the way of the World because of????

We weren't allowed a refund. We weren't allowed a voucher. We had to rebook using the value of the tickets already in BF's hand. (We had an Eco. ticket which didn't allow amendments or transfers but again, because of COVID, they've had to allow it.)
We altered our tickets. We booked for Spain, outbound only, October 2021. We booked a Return to France May 2021. Guess what, That went to the wall not before we rebooked and moved it once again for September.
KEEP UP AT THE BACK!!!

We don't want to go to France in Sept. It's a lovely country but we don't fancy being under the rule of Monsewer Mackerill with his curfews etc. not to mention their alarming infection rates.

We already have the outbound for Spain at the end of October, courtesy of last years Non Trip.
We can't book the return because the Winter Schedule isn't out until July.

We are hoping to book the return from Spain from the September booking to France.

We have now been given the 'Golden Ticket' by Her Maj's Gov.'s edict on the 26th March.

We cannot travel to France in September because it has been decreed that the over 70's have to have a booster to our given COVID jabs. It could be argued that to travel without that booster could rule our travel Insurance invalid and, as I understand it, the EU will demand that we have such Insurance before we are allowed to set foot in their territory.
You have the following existing bookings with BF:

outbound for October 2021 to France (then Spain) - still okay​
outbound originally for May 2021 to France now changed to September 2021​

In a nutshell:
  • you need to change the September outbound 2021 booking for a return from France (after Spain holiday) but can't do this until the winter schedules are out in July 2021.

• You are concerned that you won't be allowed into France (or Spain) unless you have a booster jab beforehand in September 2021 if this is deemed necessary by the UK and/or the other countries for foreign travel.

• You are concerned about travel insurance cover.
You'll still be in the period before your first travel date so shouldn't have any issue with changing the September ticket assuming BF will do so.

I'm not certain that the issuing of a booster has been confirmed in the UK yet as I thought they were still reviewing the need so you can't do anything about this but hope if there is a requirement you can get it done before you travel.

Whether travel insurance will be effected by you having/not having a booster is obviously up to your provider but as they vary so much there's not a lot you can do except go by any policy you currently have and ensure that you renew it with the same provider as that is likely to give you the same cover you have now rather than a completely new one with another company (that was the advice that was given previously by various bodies I believe).

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
  • Minxy Girl
    "You are concerned that you won't be allowed into France (or Spain) unless you have a booster jab beforehand in September 2021 if this is deemed necessary by the UK and/or the other countries for foreign travel."
No. I'm not concerned.
However, because BF could be arsey about me moving the booking (We originally bought an Eco. Tx that doesn't allow amendments), they wouldn't even allow me to change the original Eco. Tx to a Transferrable Tx when we had to move from last Winter to May, even though it was our money that was paying for it.

"You are concerned about travel insurance cover."

I'm not 'concerned'. I will use whatever is in the armoury to 'persuade' BF that I cannot travel. If that includes the lack of 'Booster' jab and Mrs Emmit who is similarly affected.

It's not as if I'm wanting a refund. I just want to go where I want to go, using the money that is already in their coffers.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
  • Minxy Girl
    "You are concerned that you won't be allowed into France (or Spain) unless you have a booster jab beforehand in September 2021 if this is deemed necessary by the UK and/or the other countries for foreign travel."
No. I'm not concerned.
However, because BF could be arsey about me moving the booking (We originally bought an Eco. Tx that doesn't allow amendments), they wouldn't even allow me to change the original Eco. Tx to a Transferrable Tx when we had to move from last Winter to May, even though it was our money that was paying for it.

I'm not 'concerned'. I will use whatever is in the armoury to 'persuade' BF that I cannot travel. If that includes the lack of 'Booster' jab and Mrs Emmit who is similarly affected.

It's not as if I'm wanting a refund. I just want to go where I want to go, using the money that is already in their coffers.
Ah I see, it wasn't completely clear to me in your post that the concerns were only in relation to your BF situation and not the whole situation.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
  • Minxy Girl
No. I'm not concerned.

Glad i booked a FLEXI ticket,,changed it four times already this year ,,BUSBY..

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Emmit , chaser

3rd installment in the saga !!
Now had second email from Eurotunnel , Tuesday with the credit note for £219 to be used in the future , but end date 29/03/22.
I thoght bug*er , so I sent another email , asking for explanation as to the end date , was it the last date of usage , or last date to book.

4th installment

Yip-Pee !! , email this evening , stating the date was last date to book ! then it would be valid for 12 months of actual booking date .
so in theory , I can use it any time next year.
great outcome and good customer service from Eurotunnel.

Last edited:
OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Emmit , chaser

Now had second email from Eurotunnel , Tuesday with the credit note for £219 to be used in the future , but end date 29/03/22.
I thoght bug*er , so I sent another email , asking for explanation as to the end date , was it the last date of usage , or last date to book.

4th installment

Yip-Pee !! , email this evening , stating the date was last date to book ! then it would be valid for 12 months of actual booking date .
Good on you, we might even meet up in gravelines, as soon as we can get away. (y) (y)

deleted79651

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
Emmit , chaser

4th installment

Wouldn't it be nice [and customer focused!] if the travel, leisure and associated business sectors thanked customers with bookings for a] their loyalty and confidence; b] the use of their money during the pandemic; c] not insisting on refunds for cancelled/postponed bookings; and d] 'reward' these customers by issuing a blanket extension to these carried forward bookings by 12 months, instead of tying up staff resources answering individual customer queries with advice that changes depending on whether there's a 'y' in the day, and whether you speak to the day or evening Contact Centre shift?

Don't think the MBA Marketing Module includes a session on 'Common Sense and its Role in Building Customer Satisfaction and Retention' ... :rolleyes: (y)

Steve

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
Used it now.On site in Benicasim😆 BUSBY.

HectorsHoose

Free Member
May 10, 2021
Perth, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
Since 2016
Up until this week, as I have said on the numerous threads, I have been confident we would be booking the tunnel any day now for what would have been our final big tour of Europe, should have been last year , but obviously didn't happen.
Now with age catching up, and legs not what they were, and to put the top hat on it ,these latest figures and regulations it looks as if we might have done our final tour.
Won't be the end of holidays abroad hopefully but probably by other means if we are ever allowed, and to be honest air travel as also lost a lot of appeal now.
To be honest lockdown hasn't troubled me a lot, as I didn't go out much anyway, but this last lot of circumstances has really put a damper on all my plans now.
Does anyone else think the same or is it just miserable old Chas. :(
It’s all just changed! We can now go from 9th June as long as you’ve had both vaccinations, have a certificate & a negative PCR. No quarantine or further testing now needed once you arrive 😁👏👏👏

Jul 4, 2017
Newton Stewart, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 615
Exp
Since 2000
It’s all just changed! We can now go from 9th June as long as you’ve had both vaccinations, have a certificate & a negative PCR. No quarantine or further testing now needed once you arrive 😁👏👏👏
But you will have to quarantine when you return and as long as France is an amber country, your insurance may not be valid.

Apr 26, 2016
South West Wales.
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur LVX 9
Exp
since 2000
Love England except the weather and being ripped off with parking charges and expensive camp sites.BUSBY.
Britain just does not consist of only England Busby
we have Scotland,Ireland. and Wales, as well to choose from,
I agree no one likes being ripped off,
so why not join Britstops which covers all the Uk
or the Park 4 night web page
using these options, you will be staying with places that welcome you
and will not even charge in most instances
stay supporting our own nation, until the world of travel is safe
we do not HAVE TO go abroad, to enjoy our motorhoming and places to visit

Jul 4, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt C Class
Exp
Since 2015
Let me start by admitting we are both retired and in good health.
We are very lucky and own a house in France and a Motorhome in the UK. We like to use the MH to tour Europe trying to end up at our French house before we return to the UK. We have had to cancel plans for almost two years and have now transferred an existing Eurotunnel crossing to October with the Motorhome but hope to go to the house by car before then.
If it weren’t for our lovely French neighbours who keep their eyes on things for us, God knows how we would monitor any potential problems. haven’t seen the house for over a year!
I know there are 1000’s of people who have suffered due to Covid and that our problems pale into insignificance compared to others. I can only be thankful my wife, family and grandchildren are all well - primarily because we have ALL followed the guidelines and taken the rough with the smooth.
Like Many, we are exploring the UK more than normal whenever we can and will continue to do so until we can once again travel further afield.

Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
What really spoils England is the god awful traffic everywhere you go.

I thoroughly enjoy driving.

Give me the traffic free roads of France anytime.

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
I've missed this bit of info, when was it changed? We ARE booked for June 9th, had two jabs but no vac certificate yet. Please can you confrim the source of the info?

Jun 21, 2020
Huntingdon ish.... the rundown backwater
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2007
It's off the cards for us this year sadly....but we've got the Netherlands lined up for August 2022... Finger's crossed.... we'd planned France last year & this but figured if things improve for 2022 and travel is pretty much all good then France will be well occupied by travelling folk from all across Europe...

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
What really spoils England is the god awful traffic everywhere you go
Exactly.
I've missed this bit of info, when was it changed? We ARE booked for June 9th, had two jabs but no vac certificate yet. Please can you confrim the source of the info?
On the French thread or any news report etc.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
Done a lot of the British Isles but sorry I need sunshine on a regular basis..I also like to swim outdoors..When I was younger cold British sea water didn't bother me but now The Med suits me the best.BUSBY.😃

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
Done a lot of the British Isles but sorry I need sunshine on a regular basis..I also like to swim outdoors..When I was younger cold British sea water didn't bother me but now The Med suits me the best.BUSBY.😃
But you will have to quarantine when you return and as long as France is an amber country, your insurance may not be valid.
Insurance is valid...BUSBY.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back