Could this be a workaround for the EU Pet Passport after 1 Jan 2021? (6 Viewers)

onemanand2dogs

Free Member
Mar 31, 2017
Knaresborough / Begur
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SLX
Exp
since 2017
EA7VPG gave the latest news above, confirmed in The Times this morning. Though this is the latest watch this space, as apparently there is still some pressure to keep the Pet Passport scheme running. So, no need for any work around, just follow the rules to avoid getting turned around.
This is the start of some relaxation which is great news, even though we got our 2 dogs rabies titre done in august just in case. What i haven't seen yet is if there will still be a need to visit a vet in the EU to stamp passports before we return to the UK or will the Animal Health Check suffice?

Oct 14, 2018
Nantwich, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote G781C Emotion
Exp
Caravanning over 30 years, Motorhoming 16 months
Brexit is done, we're leaving...
You are quite correct, It isn't. I have already printed out the form ready for when we next go to Austria where we will collect a new Austrian pet passport. It's a shame that this is necessary, but we are where we are.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
If we end up as Part 2 listed, then if it was me I would be looking to obtain an EU Pet Passport on my next trip to Europe, so would not bother with getting a UK one. As with so many things, it has been left rather late for people to deal with sensibly.
So would I. They are the rules & it is perfectly legal to do.
f you don’t have a Pet Passport of some description, where does the worming get recorded for entry back into the UK?
On the AHC there is a space.
I cannot understand why the UK does not do tit for tat rules on the EU, if they did then maybe the EU would not be so keen to employ so many restrictive rules that at present are acceptable
Because once you go down that route you could end up with no food imports, no ferries, eurotunne shut, (that will actually be running on emergency licence for a short period to allow UK& France to institute new regulations) no flights over europe ,etc;etc,

Apr 2, 2011
south essex Benfleet
Funster No
MH
CarthagoM liner.
Exp
since 1986 & tugger before
There are 26 EU countries, we really don’t have a strong hand, without going into the B word, never before have we entered trade talks to get a worse deal than we had.

Imagine if it was the other way round? People would hardly be clamouring for us to be nice would they?

By allowing EU passports for pets into the UK, we set the bar for reciprocity. Making things awkward for EU pet owners will never end well for the UK.
All this about introducing new rules is only what any one with any common sense could have foreseen happening.
The old rule is If it aint broke don't try to fix it cos this is what happens if you do!!

Apr 2, 2011
south essex Benfleet
Funster No
MH
CarthagoM liner.
Exp
But if you do get an EU pet passport after 1/1/2021, which we plan to, you will not need the health form each subsequent time that you travel to/from the EU. Providing you keep the rabies jab up to date with a booster every three years the passport remains vaild indefinately, or until it runs our of pages to stamp with the certification of the tapeworm treatment prior to each return to the UK. In other words when once we have the pet passport issued by an EU country (in our case Austria) it is business as usual for us other than getting a booster jab done every three years in Austria instead of the UK. As we spend each winter in Austria (except this one thanks to coronavirus) it will not present any problems for us. That is my understanding of the situation. Thanks to everyone who has posted leading me to research and come to this conclusion. Happy Days.
I assume you have an Austrian address.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 2, 2011
south essex Benfleet
Funster No
MH
CarthagoM liner.
Exp
So would I. They are the rules & it is perfectly legal to do.

On the AHC there is a space.

Because once you go down that route you could end up with no food imports, no ferries, eurotunne shut, (that will actually be running on emergency licence for a short period to allow UK& France to institute new regulations) no flights over europe ,etc;etc,
But why, we hold all the cards!!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
One of our dogs needs a new passport as hers is full, ie no more spaces to record the worming when she comes back. She's going to the vets this morning for her rabies booster, is there any point in getting a new passport as she can come back into the UK on the AHC after January.

To avoid any preaching we have no plans to travel at present.
I wouldn't bother getting a new passport as it won't be valid anyway as it has EU on it, just keep the old one and take it with you as it has the original rabies vac info in along with microchip info etc.
If you don’t have a Pet Passport of some description, where does the worming get recorded for entry back into the UK?
I assume it goes on the AHC.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
This is the start of some relaxation which is great news, even though we got our 2 dogs rabies titre done in august just in case. What i haven't seen yet is if there will still be a need to visit a vet in the EU to stamp passports before we return to the UK or will the Animal Health Check suffice?
You will still need to visit an EU vet before returning to the UK for the worming as that is a UK requirement which still exists according to the govt website blurb talking about the new AHC etc, this I assume will be entered on the AHC itself.

Brendaburgess

Free Member
Nov 5, 2017
Funster No
I was hoping Faye could travel on her Cypriot passport, but looking unlikely. More bad news. Another full lockdown December 28th, hardly any cases here, can we turn the clocks back a year x
We are getting onto the tunnel to France on 28th out of Wales as we live n an area with hardly any Covid and are being brought down because of the badly affected places. We have been booked for ages and feel blessed, it will be a race to the south of Spain, and hopefully for vaccines for over 60s when we get back end of March....😍

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
We are getting onto the tunnel to France on 28th out of Wales as we live n an area with hardly any Covid and are being brought down because of the badly affected places. We have been booked for ages and feel blessed, it will be a race to the south of Spain, and hopefully for vaccines for over 60s when we get back end of March....😍
Whether you break any laws, restrictions or not?
:unsure:

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
Personally I don’t know anybody who drags a pet around abroad on a trip. At work there are people who fly to the states, package deal to Spain, coach holiday, and some don’t even go on holiday, but none that drag pet around abroad.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Personally I don’t know anybody who drags a pet around abroad on a trip. At work there are people who fly to the states, package deal to Spain, coach holiday, and some don’t even go on holiday, but none that drag pet around abroad.
We don't 'drag' our pets around on holiday, there's not a chance in hell that they'd let us off the drive in the MH if we didn't take them ... they LOVE it ... usually more than we do! Our Romy loved her last holiday, swimming and paddling in the sea as she has all previous holidays (she was a very well travelled dog!), if they don't go then we don't go, simple as that.

Dogs in carmper door.JPG

Apr 2, 2011
south essex Benfleet
Funster No
MH
CarthagoM liner.
Exp
All the fuss about pet passports, how many or % of the population does it really affect.
More than you would imagine, about 100.000 pets a year go through Dover alone each year. Have a look in Europe if you go there and look at how many m/h owners have dogs and cats with them!!

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Personally I find odd that people will read 46 posts about something they have no interest in, before making a comment that is pointless to the topic.

Jul 4, 2017
Newton Stewart, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 615
Exp
Since 2000
We don't 'drag' our pets around on holiday, there's not a chance in hell that they'd let us off the drive in the MH if we didn't take them ... they LOVE it ... usually more than we do! Our Romy loved her last holiday, swimming and paddling in the sea as she has all previous holidays (she was a very well travelled dog!), if they don't go then we don't go, simple as that.

View attachment 449309
Same here. If there is any dragging being done, it’s the dog doing it. Main reason for getting a caravan and now a motorhome was so that the dogs could come too and the best way to meet the “natives” is to have a dog, especially a border collie.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007

why would we want to leave one of our family members who relies totally on you and gives total affection and loyalty in the care of a stranger when they can travel very happily with you.

if you post is not A WIND UP, then you have not been to many campsites abroad.

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
Personally I find odd that people will read 46 posts about something they have no interest in, before making a comment that is pointless to the topic.
I asked what % of the population are worried about it, and the driver said 100,000 go through Dover , and the uk population is getting near 70 million so not that many really.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
they want more money per night in kennels ,than sites want to park!!

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
I asked what % of the population are worried about it, and the driver said 100,000 go through Dover , and the uk population is getting near 70 million so not that many really.
Yes but 37 million didn't bother to vote so have no say.17,5 million voted out so they don't count either .as a % of 16 a abit million it is just under 1%
I'd prefer to take the dog than the wife

Apr 2, 2011
south essex Benfleet
Funster No
MH
CarthagoM liner.
Exp
I have just posted this on 90 days in Europe thread, I have just noticed that on DEFRA website that we need AHC cert. to take dogs to North and Southern Ireland, Have I missed this or is it new? I am sure that it previously said there were no further restrictions for Ireland or does the AHC replace the PP. If so this is a further restriction for us. Bruce

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
I have just posted this on 90 days in Europe thread, I have just noticed that on DEFRA website that we need AHC cert. to take dogs to North and Southern Ireland, Have I missed this or is it new? I am sure that it previously said there were no further restrictions for Ireland or does the AHC replace the PP. If so this is a further restriction for us. Bruce
Yes, you’ll need an AHC - presumably because the boundary is now to be located in the Irish Sea.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back