Could this be a workaround for the EU Pet Passport after 1 Jan 2021? (1 Viewer)

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
It might be an errant comma though. xroll:
But probably not . Which goes back to whether you can go and get (if allowed as a UK resident) a passport from the EU, and only get vaccinations done abroad, or, if you can keep the current UK issued one and once again only (from January 1st) get it stamped abroad.
I know, in places it says it will no longer be a valid document, however, not in that sentence with the comma.
They need just a few Q & As at the end of the Pet Passport statement to clarify all this. Janie

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
It might be an errant comma though. xroll:
But probably not . Which goes back to whether you can go and get (if allowed as a UK resident) a passport from the EU, and only get vaccinations done abroad, or, if you can keep the current UK issued one and once again only (from January 1st) get it stamped abroad.
I know, in places it says it will no longer be a valid document, however, not in that sentence with the comma.
They need just a few Q & As at the end of the Pet Passport statement to clarify all this. Janie
Yes like everything else from uk government its clear as mud.

madroy

Free Member
Apr 23, 2018
Funster No
Have found out that Americans travelling to the EU with their pets can obtain EU Pet Passports for them. I have posted a number of links illustrating this:

https://www.travelnuity.com/eu-pet-passport/

https://longhaultrekkers.com/how-to-get-an-eu-pet-passport/

https://thepointsguy.co.uk/guide/european-union-pet-passport/

They have to present a completed Annex IV Animal Health Certificate to do this - would this be the same as the AHC we will have to complete in future?

If so, then providing you have an AHC for your first visit to the EU next year, you should then be able to obtain a Pet Passport in France, Germany, Spain, wherever, and use it for all subsequent trips.

Any thoughts?
Just take dog abroad without passport and get a passport in europe that's what my daughter has always done as cheaper over here in France presume you can still do that

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Just take dog abroad without passport and get a passport in europe that's what my daughter has always done as cheaper over here in France presume you can still do that

That’s the plan. (y)
If it's allowed we'll do likewise, can't be doing with pratting around visiting our vet 10 days beforehand not lining their pockets more than we have already this year.

May 23, 2015
Weston super Mare
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 1992
But if you do get an EU pet passport after 1/1/2021, which we plan to, you will not need the health form each subsequent time that you travel to/from the EU. Providing you keep the rabies jab up to date with a booster every three years the passport remains vaild indefinately, or until it runs our of pages to stamp with the certification of the tapeworm treatment prior to each return to the UK. In other words when once we have the pet passport issued by an EU country (in our case Austria) it is business as usual for us other than getting a booster jab done every three years in Austria instead of the UK. As we spend each winter in Austria (except this one thanks to coronavirus) it will not present any problems for us. That is my understanding of the situation. Thanks to everyone who has posted leading me to research and come to this conclusion. Happy Days.
I have a friendly Spanish vet who I will see when we are over there.

Jul 24, 2015
Ramsgate Kent
Funster No
MH
Fiat ducato c class
Exp
5 years
I was hoping Faye could travel on her Cypriot passport, but looking unlikely. More bad news. Another full lockdown December 28th, hardly any cases here, can we turn the clocks back a year x
I would like to fast forward a year ...and hope it's all gone by then....🤞🏽

Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
I have two dogs, one UK passport, and one Greek. Until I can see a categoric statement on an official website that the Greek passport will be accepted for entry into the EU, bearing in mind we are UK residents , I don't want to risk being refused entry next time we go away. My understanding is that a EU passport can only be issued with a EU address, and a UK passport holder arriving from the UK MAY be asked to provide proof of EU residency.

As a matter of interest, here is the official French/English AHC form a vet needs to issue.

This is a cut and paste from the RVS website (My italics)

How much does a animal health certificate cost?

An Animal Health Certificate costs £93.50*( This is the consultation and includes reviewing & finalising all your documents. Any vaccinations or medications required in addition will incur additional charges). A microchip is £16.28 and will only need to be implanted once. A Rabies vaccination costs £50.40 – this will need to be repeated every three years to allow continual travel under the Pet Travel Scheme.

This is the official French/English AHC form vets download and complete

Attachments

• AHC09.pdf
    154.3 KB · Views: 26
Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
Can I ask what that understanding is based on please? Links, referenced quote, ........
I'm sorry, I've looked at so much information that I can't remember where I saw that. I would have thought logic would dictate that the EU would frown upon issuing a long-term animal health document tp an animal that lived outside its borders.

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
I'm sorry, I've looked at so much information that I can't remember where I saw that. I would have thought logic would dictate that the EU would frown upon issuing a long-term animal health document tp an animal that lived outside its borders.
So, logically, why does the EU issue them to Americans?

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
So, logically, why does the EU issue them to Americans?
Happy Christmas Maz 😀 Unfortunately an EU vet will be making money from it. They cannot exactly refuse if a French / German / Dutch / whatever address is supplied. This sort of thing happens all the time. There is always someone willing to sell you something. Whether it works is a different matter. I am waiting to see clarification of the residency issues over pet passports. Janie

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Happy Christmas Maz 😀 Unfortunately an EU vet will be making money from it. They cannot exactly refuse if a French / German / Dutch / whatever address is supplied. This sort of thing happens all the time. There is always someone willing to sell you something. Whether it works is a different matter. I am waiting to see clarification of the residency issues over pet passports. Janie
Hi Janie. Good point. (y) Although from what I’ve read it does seem to work with Americans coming and going with their pets.

May 8, 2011
God's county. Helmsley, North Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
IH Tio 630 RL
Exp
Since April 1846 but have always camped.
Personally I don’t know anybody who drags a pet around abroad on a trip. At work there are people who fly to the states, package deal to Spain, coach holiday, and some don’t even go on holiday, but none that drag pet around abroad.
This can’t be serious.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
It's when I see bits like this I wonder. Janie

Attachments

• eu-uk_trade_and_cooperation_agreement-a_new_relationship_with_big_changes-overview_of_conseque...pdf
    259.6 KB · Views: 38
OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
I posted this earlier in the EHIC thread but it’s more appropriate here:

I have now found this document issued by HM Government of Gibraltar, with reference to being a Part 1 listed country and the effect on its pet passports.

https://www.gibraltar.gov.gi/uploads/news/October 2020/TN - FR - Border - Pets.pdf

So why on earth is the UK being listed as a Part 2 country instead of Part 1? Haven’t we always been ‘low risk’ with regard to animal health regulations? Gods know, we have been rabies free since the early 1900s (apart from the odd bat!).

Apr 2, 2011
south essex Benfleet
Funster No
MH
CarthagoM liner.
Exp
since 1986 & tugger before
You’ve neglected the comma after EU, Tam. Without that comma it would be as you say.

Err, I don't see a comma after EU, I see what I believe to be a semi colon, if that's how you spell it ; which, when used means, carry on from, in basic lingo, some one will now tell me I am wrong now. ( note use of punctuation to make text easier to read ).

Apr 2, 2011
south essex Benfleet
Funster No
MH
CarthagoM liner.
Exp
since 1986 & tugger before
If it's allowed we'll do likewise, can't be doing with pratting around visiting our vet 10 days beforehand not lining their pockets more than we have already this year.
No, No, and No, you will have checks now on the outward journey, hence the ahc issued by uk vet. Bruce

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Err, I don't see a comma after EU, I see what I believe to be a semi colon, if that's how you spell it ; which, when used means, carry on from, in basic lingo, some one will now tell me I am wrong now. ( note use of punctuation to make text easier to read ).
See the sentence ringed in yellow in post #79.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
:Eeek: When I say it's clear to me, because all pet passports are European Union regardless of what country they are issued in. 🙄

Consequences of the UK's choice to leave the EU, Single Market & Customs Union.

Under Mobility EU pet passports no longer valid. 🤔
Screenshot_20201227-105428_Drive.jpg

So Janie shouting at me, 😲 does that make her right. 😉 🤐 Bob.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back