Could be a good weekend.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
There is every possibility that some time in August 2019 a local independent garage....

Will be putting on a Classic Car & Motorbike show with the added attraction of a Vintage/Veteran car bit`s type boot sale..

I have told them OK..... But..... I want to retain the 5CL and RV pitches and the part of the field where the Marquee and 10 - 15 "Funsters" camped when Kate (@Ambilkate had her Maypole bash...

As soon as dates are confirmed I will let you know... The show will have nothing to do with me, only that I will be supplying the venue for them..

Other than the camping for Funsters (Only) it is all down to them to arrange their own Toilets/Catering etc..

Just thought I would give you the heads up in advance.... as said early stages at the moment... and only talking at the moment..

Got the makings of a good weekend... (y)

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Fantastic, yes, brilliant Maurice thankyou for the heads up in advance x put us down for it please

Last edited:
OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Fantastic, yes, brilliant Maurice thankyou for the heads up in advance x put us down for it please

Over and above the 5CL...... it would have to be a rally...

And would need some one to run it... :nod: :nod: :winky: :winky:..... :)

And limited to 10 - 15 on the piece of field I spoke about (Where the marquee was and along that bit)... (y)

They want the rest of the land... :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
yes please Mo would absolutely love to be there

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
yes please Mo would absolutely love to be there

As above.............. 5CL..... No problem.... more would have to be a rally...

They have a lot to work out re.. catering/WC`s etc...

If it can all fit on the field and if enough room for car parking.. and if they can rent the field next to us for a car park.....:)

Ed Earl

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2010
Funster No
Mo can you please put Carol and me down for this right up our street..

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Hmmmmmmmm, sounds like a great place not to be to me, put our names down not to go please.

Suppose your only hosting the event to get a cup to go on the mantelpiece for that old clunker you've just bought, pfft :rolleyes:

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Please save us a place Maurice.

We can bring up either the Brabham Sprite or the Swallow Gadabout or maybe both.

brabham.jpg

gadabout.jpg

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Mo if it's not a rally can you save us a space on the CL please when you know the dates. (I see Eddies beat me to it)

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Lol thought it was just at early stages Maurice gosh lot if interest already so we have the making of a Rally here. Bill said he will run it for ya Maurice. let me know when it's finalised and I'll start an official list. if it falls through we can have our own Vintage rally ;) a few funsters have got a lot of 40gear (y) we know some one with a vintage American car
Kate x

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
Go on then...add us to the list please, if it’s a goer ;)

Silas

Free Member
May 1, 2018
Stafford
Funster No
MH
Kontiki
Exp
One month
If you are overbooked I think the Shropshire Inn has caravan/motorhome facilities and there is also RedLion Farm on the Church Eaton Road, both within walking distance.

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
If you are overbooked I think the Shropshire Inn has caravan/motorhome facilities

Stewart.. (Owner of the Shropshire Inn) across the road from us does not do camping now.. :(

Too busy with his restaurant.. :)

And the other CL at the other end of the village has closed/stopped taking campers..

Silas

Free Member
May 1, 2018
Stafford
Funster No
MH
Kontiki
Exp
One month
Stewart.. (Owner of the Shropshire Inn) across the road from us does not do camping now.. :(

Too busy with his restaurant.. :)

And the other CL at the other end of the village has closed/stopped taking campers..
Ah, I didn't know the Shrop had stopped, it's been a long time since I was in there, in fact I don't think I've been in since Dave left.

The other one was Red Lion farm, the ice-cream place. It's a bit expensive, but I think it still takes motorhomes (at least, there was one there last time I went for an pancake about three weeks ago)

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
The other one was Red Lion farm, the ice-cream place. It's a bit expensive, but I think it still takes motorhomes (at least, there was one there last time I went for an pancake about three weeks ago)

Yes.... that is still up and running as a campsite...

As you say a bit pricey.... but a nice site...

Even though the toilets and showers are all through the same door and all Unisex.....

A lot of ladies don`t like seeing gert fat blokes walking around with just a towel hiding their modesty..:giggler:

Silas

Free Member
May 1, 2018
Stafford
Funster No
MH
Kontiki
Exp
One month
Yes.... that is still up and running as a campsite...

As you say a bit pricey....
Even though the toilets and showers are all through the same door and all Unisex.....

A lot of ladies don`t like seeing gert fat blokes walking around with just a towel hiding their modesty..:giggler:
Ah well, there are two sides to every coin, I don't suppose they get too many complaints from the fat blokes about the ladies doing the same ;-)

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Does not look like the "Classic Car Show" is going to happen..

Sorry.... :( Not heard anything in weeks and they did say they would get back to me in a week or so, and that was over a month ago.. Not unduly worried.. And I am certainly not chasing them...

Not surprised as there is a huge show in June at Stafford Castle 2 miles up the road...

We have 3 confirmed Rally`s booked and a back to back 4th possible and a wedding reception provisionally booked for next summer (They think.. :doh:)... either they are going to get married or not... :RollEyes::rofl:

Not sure how long that wedding will last... :doh::rofl::rofl::rofl:

If car people do decide to come back, will let you know... :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back