Apr

Chester Food and Drink Festival 2022 (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Well our Chester meet is getting some twists and turns poor RedFrame unfortunately had an accident on his motorbike yesterday and spent the night in hospital, he has hurt his head broken 3 or 4 Ribs and damaged his arm amongst other things and as you know he is the Rally Officer for this meet, he says he will still be coming but he won't be his usual mobile self.
with 100 Vans attending the rally I would be grateful if a few could volunteer to help with the parking and maybe a bit of booking in work because as most of you know I can't walk far and Janine shazanddave could do with a bit of help occasionally if you could post or pm me any help it will be very appreciated, the main thing of course is that Red is all right.
Thank you Carol 🙂
Just thought I'd pop this to the top of the page for information.

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Carol - I’ve just re-read your post. The offer of help is still there, but you probably won’t want me parking anyone up ….. :rofl:

(I was rather hoping for an impromptu jam with Janine in between booking in instead…) :rofl:

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Carol - I’ve just re-read your post. The offer of help is still there, but you probably won’t want me parking anyone up ….. :rofl:

(I was rather hoping for an impromptu jam with Janine in between booking in instead…) :rofl:
Ger don't worry theres lots of help needed I'll pm you x

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 18, 2013
Essex, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 666F
Exp
Since 2015
Thanks for letting us know, Carol, and for the tip about water. We don't normally travel with a full tank, so that's really useful, though I do like a walk with a watering can!

Not sure what we'll do on Monday - I suspect a lot of people will try to squash into the Roodee parking. We'd originally planned to stay in the area to visit friends but they've told us they'll be in France, so we may just go home a bit early to prepare for our next trip.

Whatever happens it's not an issue. Thanks again.

Tony & Kirsty

Jun 18, 2013
Essex, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 666F
Exp
Since 2015
Carol

I've only just seen your other post about RedFrame. Hope he gets well again quickly.

I could help with parking or booking in. We will be driving from Essex, though, and getting there to be 'on duty' around 2pm will be a stretch, unless we do the Roodee on Wednesday. Happy to do that if it's any help.

Tony

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Carol

I've only just seen your other post about RedFrame. Hope he gets well again quickly.

I could help with parking or booking in. We will be driving from Essex, though, and getting there to be 'on duty' around 2pm will be a stretch, unless we do the Roodee on Wednesday. Happy to do that if it's any help.

Tony
Thank you so much, I think we could be alright for parking up on Thursday now as I have had some kind offers on PM'. It could be helpful though with a hours help on Friday
Poor Red is pretty drugged up at the moment so I'm doing what I can and fingers crossed he may be able to tell us what he has organised from his chair, that he is alright is the main thing.
Thank you.

Poodlepower

Free Member
Mar 17, 2018
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Compass Avantgarde
Exp
since 1983
Thank you so much, I think we could be alright for parking up on Thursday now as I have had some kind offers on PM'. It could be helpful though with a hours help on Friday
Poor Red is pretty drugged up at the moment so I'm doing what I can and fingers crossed he may be able to tell us what he has organised from his chair, that he is alright is the main thing.
Thank you.
I will come and see if you need any help. I cannot walk far as my left hip is bad but am sure there are things I could do.

Dec 20, 2021
Nottingham, UK
Funster No
MH
Toyota Hiace
What time can we drive off site on the Monday afteroon? I see on the Camperfest site itinerary in 2019 (2022 not up yet) it says 1600-1900 departure time... do we have to wait until 4pm before being able to drive off site...? Ideally I would like to be off site and away by 3pm. Thanks.

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
I know this isn’t technically about the Festival, but those people who are going on to Jim’s meet from Chester - where are you staying in between?

We’re from Bath, so won’t be going home! Not sure where to stay for the three nights.

Any suggestions gratefully appreciated.

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
I know this isn’t technically about the Festival, but those people who are going on to Jim’s meet from Chester - where are you staying in between?

We’re from Bath, so won’t be going home! Not sure where to stay for the three nights.

Pm sent

Ps yes it is a long way to go for a bath Ger , :rofl:

Last edited:

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015

Beware, you'll fall foul of Nicholsong's 'do your own research' police
https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/people-asking-for-stop-overs-on-a-route.260769/
:doh:

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Crikey I didn’t mean to stir up an already opened can of worms Stephen! :rofl:

I was wondering if anyone was staying over at Rutland Water.
I would have thought Rutland/Peterborough was overshooting Sutton On Sea from Chester :unsure:.
How about somewhere like Clumber Park?
Or maybe Uttoxeter Race Course?

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988

I managed to get a couple of nights each at Chatsworth and Poolsbrook CAMH sites.

It’ll be 4 nights as we gave to vacate Chester on Monday instead of the normal Tuesday.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
GOOOOOOOOOOOD MOOOOORNIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGG Carol

pinkgin has booked us in, we will be arriving after work on Thursday.

We will be in the new bus. No Electric.

If you need help parking a few vans up I can certainly give up a couple of Hours on Friday to give all those with bad hips and knees a hand.

RedFrame sorry to hear about your off mate, hope you are back to yourself soon.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back