Rally Chester Easter 9th 13th April 2020. CANCELLED (2 Viewers)

Aug 7, 2007
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 195
Exp
since 1975
We are now booked, arrive Thursday for the duration, was fab last year, hope weather is the same !!

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Carol will we receiving any more info from you or organiser?

colyboy
Hi as you know I am running the list and will be on hand with any questions of local knowledge about Chester that I can help with.
Linda and Steph and toledo are doing the marshalling, so may be along to help later
toledo Dave has said he is doing a karaoke night and I'm sure there will be a Jacobs table, any one wishing to help I'm sure it will be appreciated.
Chester Festival have put all the information about the Food and Drink festival on their Web site.
Times for arrival etc we will let you know on this thread nearer the time.
Any general questions jusk ask me and I will try and help.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

toledo

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 18, 2011
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Life Member
Hi funsters we will have a Jacobs table Saturday night for all the new funsters a Jacobs table something hot or cold put it on the tables provided for other funsters to share.

If we have enough funsters to participate we could have a Easter bonnet and best Easter cake on Sunday morning judges will be needed.

Friday night if enough people are Involved we could do a quiz and bingo
Or any other suggestions

Karaoke singers will be wanted on Saturday night if any musicians would like to play see Toledo on rally.

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Booked and Paid arriving Thursday
Hi Steve, I have added you to the list at No 67. Please keep an eye on the list for updates nearer to Easter.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
can I suggest / propose a coffee and cake at about 11 on the Friday

I am happy to organise, in that I hereby ask anybody interested to join me and Bev (my first wife who still comes with me to these events :rolleyes:) just turn up with a cup of coffee and a cake at 11 on Good Friday :giggle: :LOL: , if the cake is home made or Waitrose quality please bring enough to share :LOL:

good chance to meet new people, newbies will be herded encouraged to join (y)

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Thank you David sounds like a great idea could do this in the Marquee. ?

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Just booked and paid I love Chester, arriving Thursday but not until later. This will be my first summer season
Looking forward to seeing you again Carol. ??

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'll add you to our
Just booked and paid I love Chester, arriving Thursday but not until later. This will be my first summer season
Looking forward to seeing you again Carol. ??

Hi it is such a good location easy for the city and the food festival with the cooking demonstrations are good, toledo is getting things organised for the marquee so should be a good meet.
You are on the list at 68 which can be viewed on page 1 of this thread.

Mar 4, 2020
Funster No
MH
A class Mobilvetta
Exp
3 years
Hi Carol,I've just joined Motorhome fun,paid my £70 for Chester on 10/4 can you
please give me my number of my 'non electric' pitch and please advise me what to
do about the £20 meal voucher? Thanks Alison!

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Hi Carol,I've just joined Motorhome fun,paid my £70 for Chester on 10/4 can you
please give me my number of my 'non electric' pitch and please advise me what to
do about the £20 meal voucher? Thanks Alison!
Hi Alison can you just confirm for me that you have paid your £15 sub to be a full member of Motorhome Fun you need to be a full member to book on any rally with motorhome fun for insurance purposes.
Be nice to see you there.
Re. £20 voucher that is direct with the food festival but if anyone going has had the £20 voucher any comments would be appreciated.
Your number on confirmation of Full annual membership will be
Please keep a eye on this thread for updates.

Feb 5, 2020
Crosby
Funster No
MH
Smileo 202
Exp
Was a Newbie but getting the hang of it now.
I didn't even fill in the details as I agree with DavidG

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
I couldn't get it to work messed about on and off all weekend so missed the discount no Biggy but frustrating. I thought you had to complete it at first should read it properly

Hils and Glenns

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2015
N Yorks
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 674
Exp
Since 2015
Hi Carol
We've just booked and paid. Arriving Thursday. Thanks for organising. Looking forward to it. :giggle:

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
There is a lot of questions and concern with up coming rallys, and Chester with its food Festival is obviously up there.
I have spoken with Briony at the Food Festival today and at the moment it is still planned to go ahead.
I would say it's up to all of us to take responsibility for what is best for us, and things are fluid.
Jim has posted this on another thread and it is good information,
Screenshot_20200313_131718_com.android.chrome.jpg

If anyone has any questions in the mean time I will try and help.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Carol, People just have to understand they must make their own decision. If the organisers of the food festival or the Government let it go ahead. That doesn't mean it is safe, we can't hand over our security to them, we have to make our own decisions.

On my own or just me and Siân, we would likely go, with Katie, immune suppressed, no matter what the government or the organisers said, we wouldn't go.

Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008
Nothing received from the organisers yet.

Today’s announcement of over-70s staying home will, of course, have an impact on many of us so I’ll be keeping a close eye on news and emails.

Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
I recieved this email four days ago..
CamperFest Update: Corona Virus
Dear Ticket Holder,

With everything in the media at present, we wanted to get in touch.
The current status is of course, that this event will go ahead as planned.
The Government advice is that all events should go ahead whilst we remain in this stage. Suffice to say we will abide by the Government directives. Speculation in the press – and we hasten to add, that’s all it is, is that the next stage may see large number gatherings curtailed and the figure being quoted is 50,000 attendees. As we never have more than 3,000 people on site at any one time during a day and no more than 10,000 in any given day, we are a long way from that figure.
We also feel it is prudent to plan for the unexpected and in the unlikely event that this escalates out of control and the government ban all gatherings then we have selected a series of alternative dates later in the year when we would reschedule. That appears extremely unlikely at the moment but we are prepared if necessary. Suffice to say your tickets will be valid for the re-arranged event if it becomes necessary and you will have no need to do anything at all.
We will advise of any action should we receive any alternative information from local or central government and look forward to seeing you at Easter at Chester Racecourse.​

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
As you can imagine Eddie and I have been considering whether it is sensible at our age to go to Chester Food Festival we thought we would maybe come and just be on the rally field, but with the latest information coming out about the over 70's I feel it only fair and sensible to make the decision now so Eddie and I will not be attending the Festival this year, we are really upset over having to do this, but think it only right to put it out there now.
FAO. all attending
Linda and Steph
toledo
Jim

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back