Rally Chester Easter 9th 13th April 2020. CANCELLED (1 Viewer)

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
Actually a good decision for you guys, we walked our dog there this morning and the ground is very soft underfoot should be a lot firmer in August.

Have a good one.

Rosemary1

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
1 year
i wonder if as a group we can short curcuit the refund bit, nobody has ever actually checked my ticket on arrival why not transfer to another member on here who can now go, they can pay you instead of Camper Fest

But in the whole scheme if things not getting a refund is not the worst thing that might happen this month and by not going you will have saved the cost of the fuel to get there and back , take it as a partial refund :whistle2:

I know it’s not the worse thing that could happen - but I do have a sense of fair play. I booked it and paid in full happy to do this knowing that if cancelled I would receive a refund and for them then to say they are not cancelling (the fact that it is not going ahead is a cancel to me) but postponing it to a date I can’t go but they may refund me if there are circumstances I will never be able to check happen, it seems very unfair.

There should be a choice, either to carry the payment forward to August or a refund as requested

As for saving the fuel getting there, I will instead incur other site costs.

Hils and Glenns

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2015
N Yorks
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 674
Exp
Since 2015
Hils and Glenns
Hi Hilary it won't mess me around at all, whatever is best for you. I'm wondering if you can't make August or get a refund could they carry your money over to 2021..
Just a thought.
Thanks Carol. We'll just see what happens. I'm not that sure that the event will go ahead in August. Feel a bit ambivalent about it really. I think its very unlikely that anyone will want my ticket even in August. I think they should have offered a refund but if I don't get one it wont change my life. Lets wait and see. :smiley:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
I have not had an email as yet, but have requested a refund as the August bank holiday is shorter Its a shame so much for my first rallie of the summer ☹

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
A long discussion here

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hi Bill, there is a big posting on this on the Chester thread. David G has come up with an idea. X

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
A long discussion here

Sorry, cross posted. X

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Ever the hopeful.. I am thinking that suddenly, next week, one of the scientists will have a breakthrough and find a cure. :(.

Keep hoping, everyone. Xxx
I hope it's Astra Zeneca then as our shares have tumbled ;) joking aside in another thread Jim posted that in USA they have started human trials of a potential vaccine but I am sure it would still be a long way off. Just keep your head down and be sensible Joy(y)

Martin

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
If every event takes this approach on no refunding this could become a very expensive non eventful summer.
As a newbie its not a very impressive approach to customers, maybe they should take leaf or of the Hilton's approach they are refunding all bookings including 'non cancellation' bookings
What are they going to do in August if it cannot take place 'reschedule' again to Christmas and Boxing day bank holidays
As a business I am sure that they have some sort of cancellation insurance or not as the case maybe..........

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
For any funsters thinking of passing/selling their tickets to others, it is numberplate recognition, so don't forget you have changed your van ;) in the interim you will need to contact camperfest team though

Feb 8, 2014
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Eldis Majestic 115
Exp
Vans and tugs since mid 70's
As you can imagine Eddie and I have been considering whether it is sensible at our age to go to Chester Food Festival we thought we would maybe come and just be on the rally field, but with the latest information coming out about the over 70's I feel it only fair and sensible to make the decision now so Eddie and I will not be attending the Festival this year, we are really upset over having to do this, but think it only right to put it out there now.
FAO. all attending
Linda and Steph
toledo
Jim
The right decision Carol & Eddie. Look after yourselves as you are our FUN Embassadors.

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
For any funsters thinking of passing/selling their tickets to others, it is numberplate recognition, so don't forget you have changed your van ;) in the interim you will need to contact camperfest team though
That's the first I've heard of that Sue I'm pretty sure it's not.

Feb 5, 2020
Crosby
Funster No
MH
Smileo 202
Exp
Was a Newbie but getting the hang of it now.
Just had to put ourselves on the "Waiting list" for a refund as work commitments make it look like unable to attend rearranged date ??
Was looking forward to meeting you all in person (nearly said in the flesh ??)
Perhaps when we come out the other side of this? something could be arranged to meet some if not most of you.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
That's the first I've heard of that Sue I'm pretty sure it's not.
well that is what they told me when I phoned to change our van registration. same as checking the van reg at the ferry terminal.

Jan 11, 2018
Malvern Link, Malvern, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome 85
Exp
Since 2018
Like others, annoyed about the no-refund, we have 'applied' for one as we are unable to make the new August dates.
Pity, the first rally we have ever (not) been to.

Perhaps an alternative would be to delay the rally to Easter 2021?

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Just had to put ourselves on the "Waiting list" for a refund as work commitments make it look like unable to attend rearranged date

Can you keep us posted about the refund. The government has just made a loan package and other concessions available to businesses just like this one. These are a good company so I would hope you'll see a refund soon. Certainly, if they ever want to see us rally with them again, they will refund Funsters that ask.

Feb 5, 2020
Crosby
Funster No
MH
Smileo 202
Exp
Jim
Will keep you informed, perhaps the organisers should be made aware of the view of if not giving Funsters their refunds it may mean that we go somewhere else in the future.

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Maybe an alternative food festival - easy cooks in MH's the biggest Jacobs table ever...….

Feb 5, 2020
Crosby
Funster No
MH
Smileo 202
Exp
Now its officially cancelled there should be no reason to not receive the refund we are entitled to, but we will have to look for an other date and venue for when we all hopefully come out of the other side of the current situation.
Keep safe and healthy folks.

Feb 5, 2020
Crosby
Funster No
MH
Smileo 202
Exp
Only going by the new thread head from Jim, but have just checked the event web and down as postponed.

Rosemary1

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
1 year
Only going by the new thread head from Jim, but have just checked the event web and down as postponed.

Strange thing about cancellations and postponements

They are not running it on the original date but moving it forward 4 months and saying it is not a cancellation but just a postponement so I am not due a refund. I can’t make the 2nd date (unless I let someone else down and lose that deposit) so I am cancelling and therefore not due a refund! They have said if they are over subscribed for August (as if anyone else is likely to book and risk their money) I may get a refund eventually.

Dec 20, 2010
birmingham
Funster No
MH
kon-tiki 669. mazda bongo
Exp
since2011
Strange thing about cancellations and postponements

They are not running it on the original date but moving it forward 4 months and saying it is not a cancellation but just a postponement so I am not due a refund. I can’t make the 2nd date (unless I let someone else down and lose that deposit) so I am cancelling and therefore not due a refund! They have said if they are over subscribed for August (as if anyone else is likely to book and risk their money) I may get a refund eventually.
All Funsters should stick to gather on this. If they do not refund let them know that Funsters will not attend again.

Jan 24, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Still learning 😊
On the 15 March I emailed Briony at Camperfest to inform her that I would not be able to make Chester in August as I have another event booked on that date and this was the response I received.

It stated that I had been added to the waiting list of people not able to attend but to please be aware no refund will be allocated until we begin remarketing the event, when we have a better understanding of the plans going forward.'

Rosemary1

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
1 year
On the 15 March I emailed Briony at Camperfest to inform her that I would not be able to make Chester in August as I have another event booked on that date and this was the response I received.

It stated that I had been added to the waiting list of people not able to attend but to please be aware no refund will be allocated until we begin remarketing the event, when we have a better understanding of the plans going forward.'
Yes I got one of those too after asking for the refund. I replied to argue if the event was cancelled (or postponed and I could not make the new date) then I should be entitled to a refund no maybes or let’s wait to see how many book August. They just replied to repeat above.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back