Rally Chester Easter 9th 13th April 2020. CANCELLED (1 Viewer)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
As you can imagine Eddie and I have been considering whether it is sensible at our age to go to Chester Food Festival we thought we would maybe come and just be on the rally field, but with the latest information coming out about the over 70's I feel it only fair and sensible to make the decision now so Eddie and I will not be attending the Festival this year, we are really upset over having to do this, but think it only right to put it out there now.
FAO. all attending
Linda and Steph
toledo
Jim

Sensible decision Carol.(y)

Feb 26, 2013
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Autocruise stargazer
Exp
since 2013
Carol, you're doing the right thing and to be honest, I think the chances of it going ahead are very low anyway..... It's going to be a long haul for so many people.. Keep safe.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
As you can imagine Eddie and I have been considering whether it is sensible at our age to go to Chester Food Festival we thought we would maybe come and just be on the rally field, but with the latest information coming out about the over 70's I feel it only fair and sensible to make the decision now so Eddie and I will not be attending the Festival this year, we are really upset over having to do this, but think it only right to put it out there now.
FAO. all attending
Linda and Steph
toledo
Jim
You are right to look after yourselves Carol, I am sure that you really wanted to be there and help out so I know how hard this decision was for you, stay safe.

Martin

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
I don't think the problem is with the actual fun meet part of any organised gathering such as the Chester camper fest, but the food fest part itself, where in my experience the food halls have been packed with folk, cheek to jowel. Not many toilets and lots of folks touching the same things, that's where the problems will be, not in the funster marquee.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I think the chances of it going ahead are very low anyway

I doubt it will go ahead. Even if it's not banned by the Government I seriously doubt the stall holders will bother because they know it will be such a poorly attended show. especially so given that one of the few deaths we've had so far from Cv was in Chester!

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
I doubt it will go ahead. Even if it's not banned by the Government I seriously doubt the stall holders will bother because they know it will be such a poorly attended show. especially so given that one of the few deaths we've had so far from Cv was in Chester!
The stallholders will have paId up front for their pitches and will be holding stock for the majority of sellers. They will be holding on for the organisers to cancel the event so at least they will get a refund for their pitches. We have been when the weather has been really bad and few folk attend but the stallholders still turn out as they have made big financial outlays.

Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
I agree with What Carol and others have said, the festival is probably not going to happen, we have resigned ourselves to not having a 'holiday' as such this year.

Luckily staying at home won't be an issue with us, lots to do if we want.

Sep 22, 2014
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Duetto
Exp
Since 2014
Carol, I think a lot of us will be thinking the same thing. Hopefully it will be taken out of our hands but our own health comes first.

Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008
I have a feeling that Carol is the first one to say what many of us are thinking. I know that me and Linda are seriously considering options at the moment.

Feb 5, 2020
Crosby
Funster No
MH
Smileo 202
Exp
Was a Newbie but getting the hang of it now.
They have not offered a refund as such but are offering to put you on a waiting list and as others book in later (if there is any of us left) they will then refund your fee.
May have to take that option as the "Longhaired Commander" is probably working some if not all that wèkend

Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Received the email and happy to wait for August as hopefully no mud. But find their interpretation of the T&Cs point 32 (i.e. site being deemed unfit) to avoid any cancellation payments a bit irritating.

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
I see you have been all checking your e mails before me, at least we have some clarity now and can see how things progress.

I just hope everyone checks this thread as I have asked over the months or checks their E mails and not turn up and wonder where everyone is.

Portland

Free Member
Oct 31, 2013
Conwy
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
20 years
Hi Carol
If I understand correctly Chester is now in August, this sounds good hope to be there

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Hi Carol
If I understand correctly Chester is now in August, this sounds good hope to be there
Yes that is the plan at the minute, I will be keeping In touch with Briony at Chester Food Festival for updates.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Received the email and happy to wait for August as hopefully no mud. But find their interpretation of the T&Cs point 32 (i.e. site being deemed unfit) to avoid any cancellation payments a bit irritating.

the email must have been tweaked by the time they sent mine, they just say no refunds due to delay not cancelled

but they have said anybody wanting a refund to request in writing they will issue when a replacement booking s taken which seems very fair

some businesses must be taking a real battering , full refunds could take them under I would reckon

as it happens we are happy to wait, I might feel different if not ??

Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
Just in case you have not received the Camperfest email...... here it is.

Given the continually evolving developments of the Corona Virus and the current advice from Environmental Health we have taken the decision today to postpone our event until the bank holiday weekend at the end of August. We apologise that this is necessary, but I am sure you will all be aware this is outside of our control.

The dates of the food festival will be the 29th, 30th and 31st of August 2020 and of course the venue remains the same, Chester Racecourse.

You may still check in from 2.00pm on Thursday the 27th August or arrive on Friday 28th August or Saturday 29th August as you wish.

All other details will remain the same for the event and we will alter our website today to reflect the new dates. We are awaiting confirmation of our headline stars but have already confirmed that John Torode will be performing on stage on Monday the 31st August at the same times as previously advertised. All other parts of your camping programme remain unaltered.

In essence this event remains exactly the same as the one that would have been staged at Easter but with the distinct probability that we have substantially better weather.

Please be aware that you do not need another ticket, the ticket you have already downloaded or kept on your phone confirming your ticket purchase will suffice.

This is not a cancellation of this event, simply a postponement and as such under our terms and conditions of purchase no refunds will be available. In the event that it is not possible for you to attend then please write to us explaining the circumstances of your inability to attend and we will start a waiting list so that as new people book we will refund those on the waiting list who take your place. Given that bookings are all but full now and this is a strong holiday period we feel that will happen quite easily closer to the time.

Once again, our apologies for this postponement but I am sure you will all agree it is now the only responsible decision left to us and it ensures our event will take place in the manner that was intended.

Kind Regards,

The Festival Team.

Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
the email must have been tweaked by the time they sent mine, they just say no refunds due to delay not cancelled

but they have said anybody wanting a refund to request in writing they will issue when a replacement booking s taken which seems very fair

some businesses must be taking a real battering , full refunds could take them under I would reckon

Agree it is fair. Still, it niggles :cautious:me when organisations resort to a flexible interpretation of T&Cs when it is in their best interests but often a rigid interpretation when it is not. Hope they are being fair to the traders that have booked stalls etc..

Hils and Glenns

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2015
N Yorks
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 674
Exp
Since 2015
We've had the email and decided to go on the list for a refund. I'm not holding my breath though because they will of course sell all their own tickets before mine.
In the event that they don't sell we may still be able to juggle stuff about to make the August do. Will that mess you about Carol ?

Rosemary1

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
1 year
see theybhave postponed but not offered a refund option for those of us who can't go due to prior arrangements. A little miffed by that to be honest although understandable.
Me too - have emailed them to say I have already made arrangements for the August bank holiday (Pershore plum) and have already paid a deposit so a postponement is not much use to me but they just state unless August’s festival is over subscribed we will not be getting any money back.

Rosemary1

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
1 year

I have put my request in writing for a refund as unable to attend but if the August festival is not over subscribed then will not receive one. Seems unfair to me.

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Hils and Glenns
Hi Hilary it won't mess me around at all, whatever is best for you. I'm wondering if you can't make August or get a refund could they carry your money over to 2021..
Just a thought.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I have put my request in writing for a refund as unable to attend but if the August festival is not over subscribed then will not receive one. Seems unfair to me.

i wonder if as a group we can short curcuit the refund bit, nobody has ever actually checked my ticket on arrival why not transfer to another member on here who can now go, they can pay you instead of Camper Fest

But in the whole scheme if things not getting a refund is not the worst thing that might happen this month and by not going you will have saved the cost of the fuel to get there and back , take it as a partial refund :whistle2:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back