Cheap Flair (1 Viewer)

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
7100 on rear wheel drive 8 metre, 2002 model.

Motorhome depot, £24995 seems quite a few grand too cheap so like all vans needs checking but if in good condition then a real bargain for someone looking for a big long term quality tourer.

Seems to have had a lot of new parts, new Alde boiler last year, batteries etc, worth a look surely?

I know the seller hasn't got the greatest reputation and take their big cut but regardless of who gets what its how much you part with that's important and if this is a guddun then you have a bargain. Double skinned aluminium, no damp in this one, quality construction, all depends on how its been looked after, even the best vans can be ruined in the wrong hands. Check the shower tray, double glazed side windows, rear back wall garage door for leaks to start with.

Last edited:
OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
You mean this one Paul https://www.motorhomedepot.com/vehicle/niesmann-and-bischoff-flair-7100i

Only one garage door in the back:LOL: and the old 2.8 so that's me out but could be a nice van all the same.

Martin

yes that's the one Martin, still a quality van mind if it's been looked after, someone was on here with a thread 2 days ago looking for a nice van for fulltiming, this must be worth a look. Twin rear wheel drive, good payload.
One garage door so less to leak, I am sure I read the other day about Niesmanns that the new idea/concept was less openings/lockers to ensure water tightness.

OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
I would have expected it to be a bit more, you certainly wouldn't get this 2002 Iveco Flair for anywhere near this price in Germany, unless there was loads wrong with it.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Indeed a nice van, ours is watertight for sure sure, when I wash it I go around the door seals with the jet wash to clean the muck out of the fluffy seal and never any inside. Great full timer for sure but I would want the side garage door for getting bikes and scooters in.

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
There are 2 of these 2002 models i can see for sale in Germany, one is 38800 euros, other is 44950 euros so one over 10 grand more and one about 15 grand more.
If I was looking for a large, quality A class I would be down there in a jiffy.

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
36 years and 16 motorhomes
There are 2 of these 2002 models i can see for sale in Germany, one is 38800 euros, other is 44950 euros so one over 10 grand more and one about 15 grand more.
If I was looking for a large, quality A class I would be down there in a jiffy.
Are you promoting it for someone?

OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Are you promoting it for someone?

No, nothing to do with me whatsoever, it may be totally knackered when viewed as all vans which have been in the wrong hands could be. These are quality vans though and if it's been looked after well then is a true bargain, this would be 30kish at a dealer for sure, possibly more.
Just trying to help someone get a potential bargain, and I stress the word potential.
If I knew the seller or was trying to promote it I would say so, honesty is the best policy throughout life Stewart, well it is with me anyway.
it is up for £24995 so if in good condition and you offer 23 then it's an absolute steal for this quality.

Last edited:

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
Duplicate or should say quadruple post. no idea how it happened :-(

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
Duplicate or should say quadruple post. no idea how it happened :-(

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
There is always this one Paul, €35k.

Might need a respray though, unless thats your thing.

$_57.jpg

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Have all you N+B devotees seen this over priced specimen on a Merc Atego no less.
Seen that on N+B forum and it's now on mobile.de as well for £83k at todays conversion rate, (think they are "funsters" as well) there are others for sale on MAN or Eurocargo but not so many on Atego, they do seem to take a bit of selling though (as Premium found out). the price seems comparable or even a bit cheaper compared to others abroad, might be a nice thing but I would want original paint.

Wood veneer, double glazed glass all around,

Martin

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Isn't the owner on here I seem to remember the paint job?
Certainly used to be Michael but not sure about now as the name doesn't show up on Fun, they are on N+B though with a post to sell this van.

Martin

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
No, nothing to do with me whatsoever, it may be totally knackered when viewed as all vans which have been in the wrong hands could be. These are quality vans though and if it's been looked after well then is a true bargain, this would be 30kish at a dealer for sure, possibly more.
Just trying to help someone get a potential bargain, and I stress the word potential.
If I knew the seller or was trying to promote it I would say so, honesty is the best policy throughout life Stewart, well it is with me anyway.
it is up for £24995 so if in good condition and you offer 23 then it's an absolute steal for this quality.
Try again...have no idea what happened, my post was posted 4 times, I deleted three leaving my comments now only 2 are shown and none with the post.

All I had to say was I completely agree with your comments on N&B. I have owned a fair few motorhomes and N&B is the one which stands out a mile on build quality and customer care. I had a few issue like you do with most motorhomes but N&B are the ones who stood up and resolved all issues without any issue or concern, very customer focused.

comment on the other posts with regard to the paint jobs on some of the vans...really???

OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Seen that on N+B forum and it's now on mobile.de as well for £83k at todays conversion rate, (think they are "funsters" as well) there are others for sale on MAN or Eurocargo but not so many on Atego, they do seem to take a bit of selling though (as Premium found out). the price seems comparable or even a bit cheaper compared to others abroad, might be a nice thing but I would want original paint.

Wood veneer, double glazed glass all around,

Martin

Makes the Premium one and the one from Oakwell motorhomes seem like steals, wonder why they take so much selling?
Double glazed glass all round not for me though, I have nightmares with just the cab side on ours:LOL:

What gets me about the Clou's is the bodywork construction. When you are designing a motorhome the one thing you need to do firstly is create a watertight shell. When you look at some of the Clou's bodywork they are like patchwork bloody quilts with overlaps etc. We spoke to an owner in Germany who had just paid 20000 euros as his floor inside needed to be totally replaced. Polch did the work he said and everything had to come out.
If you look about an inch or so above the skirt there is a join all the way along either side. He said water had got in there over the years and rotted the floor inside, he had mushrooms growing before he knew what was wrong.
Despite this he loved the van, yes and I did say twenty thousand euros.

Personally I prefer the Flairs.

Last edited:
OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
There is always this one Paul, €35k.

Might need a respray though, unless thats your thing.

View attachment 260096

I quite like it this one, a nice summer touring feel to it, I can just imagine it parked up at the beach but still a lot more expensive than the one I posted about initially.

OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Try again...have no idea what happened, my post was posted 4 times, I deleted three leaving my comments now only 2 are shown and none with the post.

All I had to say was I completely agree with your comments on N&B. I have owned a fair few motorhomes and N&B is the one which stands out a mile on build quality and customer care. I had a few issue like you do with most motorhomes but N&B are the ones who stood up and resolved all issues without any issue or concern, very customer focused.

comment on the other posts with regard to the paint jobs on some of the vans...really???

Yes agree fully about Niesmann, if they did a Flair 6.5 metres ish, Iveco rear wheel drive then I would be in there, used of course. Although this little 6.48 metre Iveco 2005 Concorde of ours also feels pure quality.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I quite like it this one, a nice summer touring feel to it, I can just imagine it parked up at the beach but still a lot more expensive than the one I posted about initially.
Might not look so good in the winter though:LOL:

The prices in Germany look pretty high to me and have done for a while, I guess as the £ looses value against the € but of course the Germans don't devalue their vans to suit us. The current average price of ours on mobile.de is substantially more than we paid for it nearly 7 years ago.

Martin

OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Might not look so good in the winter though:LOL:

The prices in Germany look pretty high to me and have done for a while, I guess as the £ looses value against the € but of course the Germans don't devalue their vans to suit us. The current average price of ours on mobile.de is substantially more than we paid for it nearly 7 years ago.

Martin

That's because the Germans know good vans when they see them.

Flairs, Concordes etc have always been expensive in Germany and if you can find a good LHD one over here, then it will almost certainly be cheaper and better value than buying in Germany.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
That's because the Germans know good vans when they see them.

Flairs, Concordes etc have always been expensive in Germany and if you can find a good LHD one over here, then it will almost certainly be cheaper and better value than buying in Germany.
Got a 2015 Flair 920LF with virtually the whole options book, plus washing machine, hi gain WiFi system, internet Oyster, Fantastic vents and electric Hekis, going on the market in November.

OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Got a 2015 Flair 920LF with virtually the whole options book, plus washing machine, hi gain WiFi system, internet Oyster, Fantastic vents and electric Hekis, going on the market in November.

Too big for us but that is a cracker of a van Michael, great quality.

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
We've had two Niesmann Bischoffs. We very much liked both vehicles - fantastic styling, solid construction, the choice of colour schemes inside and out.

When we were looking to upgrade our vehicle we would have bought the same make again. The main factor for us not choosing to buy another N&B was the horrendous aftersales service provided by the UK dealership.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
We've had two Niesmann Bischoffs. We very much liked both vehicles - fantastic styling, solid construction, the choice of colour schemes inside and out.

When we were looking to upgrade our vehicle we would have bought the same make again. The main factor for us not choosing to buy another N&B was the horrendous aftersales service provided by the UK dealership.
So I bought in Germany, as I have done with the Morelo. TW abuse their sole dealer status. However NiBi's can now be serviced by Reliance although TW dictate the hab and water ingress check prices!

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Oooooh, if only. Left hooker manual, or auto?

Too big for us but that is a cracker of a van Michael, great quality.
The only thing too big about it for us Paul, would be the hole it would leave in the bank account. :LOL:
Agreed though, it is an absolute smasher of a MH @sallylillian. (y)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
So I bought in Germany, as I have done with the Morelo. TW abuse their sole dealer status. However NiBi's can now be serviced by Reliance although TW dictate the hab and water ingress check prices!

Yes, I often wonder if N&B know how appalling TW are.

We looked into buying on the continent. Sadly, our vehicle was RHD and so we weren't able to part x on the continent.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back