Can you help me with hiding places? (1 Viewer)

Sep 1, 2017
Funster No
Afternoon all!

We are new to this motorhoming lark and are away to Spain at the end of the week.

Our motorhome is currently in storage and I wonder if anyone could PM me with some good hiding places for paperwork etc that you use in your rigs?

This should help me and reduce what will be busy time, getting her packed up and ready for the trip.

I understand each motorhome will be different, but if it helps, ours is a Burstner Nexxo 690G with fixed single beds and a large garage.

I thought PM's would be better than posting your secrets on a public forum.

I promise I am not a would be thief!

Thanks in advance.

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
The documents you require are of no use unless the vehicle is stolen in which case the documents would be gone no matter how cleverly you hide them.
Take photos and store them on cloud, or in photo gallery on your phone then should your mh be stolen you have access to Passport, Log Book, MOT, insurance and recovery for when your vehicle is found.

Another tip on the same theme, photo copy your credit/debit cards/driving licence so should you lose your wallet contact details are readily available.

As a final precaution chain your phone around your neck

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Not a question you will get answers to on an open forum, people don't like telling the dubious members of our society where they hide their goodies.
Afraid its one you will have to work out for yourself.

Edit: A bit irrelevant what I just said just noticed you asked for PM answers.

If you don't use or like Cloud type storage you can email copies to your self and other half.

Musicboy

Free Member
Jul 18, 2012
United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7096+
Exp
fulltiming since 2003
As above. I have my own secret places but as always be very aware of yre surroundings wherever you are & never get complacent even when ya feel safe & comfortable on a site ...
Enjoy yre travels to SPAIN . ... May see ya Villasol late November .Cheers

Reactions: Pia
Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
I don't have a secret hiding place,because I would only forget where it is and then have to rip the van apart to find everything.;);)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
upload_2017-10-2_14-39-42.jpeg
?

Glandwr

Banned
Jul 10, 2014
the Berwyn Mountains
Funster No
MH
Hymer S740
Exp
since 2009
Nearly all docs are available now in PDF or can be scanned. I now keep mine in the cloud (accessible any where any time) if anything happened to the originals then no probs. Hence just keep them in a draw.

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
I have a safe in which I keep all my valuable paperwork credit cards and cash screwed to the dashboard with the code 666 that being the sign of the devil and safe in the knowledge that no-one would dare risk the devils wrath by entering such a number!

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
I stash all my cash, rolex’s, cards and other stuff under the mattress....(y)

;)

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
I keep all mine safe in a plastic bag in the toilet cassette. :whistle2:
Only trouble passports become ?!$$ports.
John.

Last edited:

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I've fitted 2 safes both hidden but of course if someone completely trashed the van they may find them , these were mainly for protection from those who break on to steal stuff and not the actual van, safes with keys are better than those coded ones and either bolt them to chassis or something immovable you'll have to check your own van for that but mine aren't going anywhere easily they are also fire retardant ( Not cheap )
It's also wise as others have said to keep photo copies of everything somewhere else

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Just have a look in all the various orifices in your MH, both accessible from inside and out ... it's surprising where you find places to hide stuff .... (y)

ColinandDawn

Free Member
Feb 20, 2012
England
Funster No
MH
Home Brew
Exp
Yes
Hello all,

In order to feel safe

As a fail safe

I have a safe

Where it's safe

And Just to be safe

I keep it's location safe

So it's kept safe

And it stays safe

regards,

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Afternoon all!

We are new to this motorhoming lark and are away to Spain at the end of the week.

Our motorhome is currently in storage and I wonder if anyone could PM me with some good hiding places for paperwork etc that you use in your rigs?

This should help me and reduce what will be busy time, getting her packed up and ready for the trip.

I understand each motorhome will be different, but if it helps, ours is a Burstner Nexxo 690G with fixed single beds and a large garage.

I thought PM's would be better than posting your secrets on a public forum.

I promise I am not a would be thief!

Thanks in advance.
I keep paperwork on the cloud and in a security pouch next to my skin and on my person when I am away from the van. I believe some insurers can consider leaving a V5 in a vehicle aiding theft and forwarding of the stolen vehicle in the event of it being stolen. Whether this is true or not I never leave passports V5 and any significant amount of money in the van!

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Forget that I can get in in under 5 minutes and so can the average low life but quicker than me. Have a look on youtube for how to do it

We do have a muggers wallet stuffed with old credit cards some low denomination note and bits of documents. ALL OUT OF DATE the premise being that they get in and find it and go PDQ not looking until afterwards to see what they have.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I hide my valuables beyond the wit of any thief, in an old sock... under the squeaky floorboard... behind the kitchen dresser.

JJ :cool:
Could be true.......
When my MIL died we unearthed £6000 in £250 and £500 bundles neatly wrapped in knickers and vests in various bedroom drawers.

Reactions: JJ

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I always scan/copy important docs and put them onto a couple of flash drives including photos of us, dogs, camper and anything else that may be required, in addition I have a word document on there with details of who we are and who to contact if anything happens to us. I keep one in my handbag and hubby has one in his bumbag that way even if we're out on our own somewhere details are on 'our person' of who to contact in an emergency.

Doing this paid off when we went on holiday in August as hubby forgot to put the vehicle docs in the camper - it wasn't until we ended up at Eurotunnel that I realised they weren't in with the passports etc which we had, fortunately the flash drive copies came in handy as the lovely Eurotunnel ladies agreed to print them off for me if I emailed them (they're not allowed to stick drives etc into their computers) so we at least had paper copies to keep with us in case we needed to show them.

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Forget that I can get in in under 5 minutes and so can the average low life but quicker than me. Have a look on youtube for how to do it

We do have a muggers wallet stuffed with old credit cards some low denomination note and bits of documents. ALL OUT OF DATE the premise being that they get in and find it and go PDQ not looking until afterwards to see what they have.
It's the mugs wallet, not the muggers, who has your wallet!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back